Cnc router

hewito

Hello, I dont know if im posting in the right place. I just did a .dwg file for a school project for my son and need someone to help me. I have inquired with 2 companies and they want a lot of money..Thanks.

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.1251681763_1mwv.jpg
    il_fullxfull.1251681763_1mwv.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 121
  • frame friends.jpg
    frame friends.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 88
The DWG files give you an idea of what the finished the design looks like but only gives an orthographic view. I'm thinking the places that gave you a quote are estimating the time it would take to create this model and translate it into G code, which is what most CNC routers use. There is another way, but you have to create a graphic that uses black and white gradients in order to create a cut pattern. However, it may not come out as exactly how you have it pictured. Is the first picture you have posted, something you downloaded off of the internet, or is that your "master"?

If you can create your design in something the CNC router can read directly, this will most likely lower your cost greatly.

TazMan2000

Assuming the dims. are in inches not mm carving it out of foam by hand might be the way to go if it is to be a prop for a play or something that will not take a beating.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back