Star Wars stand alone films on hold...

I'm not against any more SW movies. I'm against any more Rian Johnson SW movies and any post ROTJ movies. I would have rather seen Lucas do the goofy sounding trilogy he talked about and watch it crash and burn than see Luke Skywalker screwed up!

Agreed, except there was so little explained about the Lucas trilogy that the backlash that came from it was obviously just another diversion against the actual rubbish now considered canon. At least a Lucasfilm under Lucas would never stoop to the level of trash talk and blame shifting to followers of the product that has now become the seedy go to as a way of addressing and deflecting failure.

To be honest, I never wanted any more star wars movies. It ended with Vader's death.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Same here. For me, Star Wars ended in 1983. Everything since has been bad fanfic. Same with Star Trek. Except for a couple of movies, it ended in 1969.

Agreed, except there was so little explained about the Lucas trilogy that the backlash that came from it was obviously just another diversion against the actual rubbish now considered canon. At least a Lucasfilm under Lucas would never stoop to the level of trash talk and blame shifting to followers of the product that has now become the seedy go to as a way of addressing and deflecting failure.

The entire American media is totally going in that direction. Demonize any opposing view so that you can say they're evil and then you don't have to listen to them. We saw that pretty clearly with the reaction to TLJ. There were some idiot racists and misogynist people certainly (between Finn, Rey, and Rose - I think that's her name), but they branded the entirety of the SW fanbase that didn't like the movie that way.

As I see it, this is ALL misleading speculations and rumors started by some jerk in the web. Thats something just recently happened with the company I work too. We are a daughter of a big worldwide company. Just around yearchange the later got big troubles with their numbers in their book, wich leaded to big troubles at our company with no longer getting payments from the big one, deliverants getting stopped, loosing customers... just because ALL headlines throughout the media screamed our little companies name in big letters. Thankgoodness we managed to jump of the sinking boat and we start to slowly rise again, but the damage is there.
Same with Star Wars. I for my part like TFA, R1, TLJ and SOLO for what they are, amother chapter in my favourite franchise. Sure, not perfect at some places but NONE of all the movies are. The main reasons why I think Solo did bad at the BO, the bad reputation since announcement from the media. Everywhere you saw something like "only ford can be solo", "director changed, bad idea"... and the folks swallowed and spreaded that far ahead of its release date. sure, me too was shocked when the first pic if the new falcon showed up, but I actually lile it and IMO fits perfectly.
All that "what media say us true" stuff, I really start to use less internet recently. The less you read and learn about certain topics, the better.
Another reason IMO for Solos BOfail, with less than 5 months, it was way to close to TLJ, and surrounded by other big movies like IW, Ready Player One, maybe Tomb Raider too

Last edited:
The entire American media is totally going in that direction. Demonize any opposing view so that you can say they're evil and then you don't have to listen to them. We saw that pretty clearly with the reaction to TLJ. There were some idiot racists and misogynist people certainly (between Finn, Rey, and Rose - I think that's her name), but they branded the entirety of the SW fanbase that didn't like the movie that way.

It keeps Hollywood from having to make good movies if they can just insult anyone who dislikes them and pretend they're all Nazis. This is what happens when entire industries go to the political extremes. They can't operate rationally anymore.

I think it went like:
"Hey should we finally put Lando in this one?"
"Nah, we've already ruined Luke, let's just make a completely forgettable scene with Finn and Rose... something about horses, I don't know. Put Lando in the last one. I've completely checked out on this one."

a woman who falls in love, 18 hours after tazing a guy who was ready to abandon her. Did I mention how she rendered a 10 minute skimmer scene a waste of time?

Also, how can you drive that skimmer directly into an energy beam for about 2 or 3 of those minutes without dying. The beam literally blew apart the shield doors in seconds. But Finn doesn't even get a sunburn.:wacko:facepalm

It would have been awesome to see the cannon exploded by a couple of proton torps as Red 5 came swooping out of the sky.

Also, how can you drive that skimmer directly into an energy beam for about 2 or 3 of those minutes without dying. The beam literally blew apart the shield doors in seconds. But Finn doesn't even get a sunburn.:wacko:facepalm

It would have been awesome to see the cannon exploded by a couple of proton torps as Red 5 came swooping out of the sky.

I was expecting Luke to arrive in X-Wing and save the day. I would have forgiven a lot.

I was expecting Luke to arrive in X-Wing and save the day. I would have forgiven a lot.

The only difference from the actual film would be the lack of a force projection, I would have been able to ignore alot if he had actually showed up in person (with his green saber and looking his actual age). I just rewatched his final scene and the confrontation is just disappointing. TLJ is on Netflix now so I thought about trying to watch it again but that scene made me think I'll wait until September when I'll HAVE to do a SW marathon at a family reunion.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back