Iron Patriot Build - 3d Print

some more work over the weekend, sanding and painting, the story of my life ;)

71Wu6P3.jpg

ygjZoJd.jpg

sIPxZtS.jpg

QoeEqbP.jpg

kQR60rM.jpg

having had some stickers cut for me here (switzerland) for War Machine, I was in the ridiculous situation where it was cheaper for me to buy a cutter and cut them myself, so here they are, god bless ebay and cheap chinese crap electronics, the cutter isn't exactly a quality product, and of course turned up semi broken, but 10 minutes putting everything back where it should be and voilà $100 well spent.

TgyRbsn.jpg

handily paid for from the commission print I'd just done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope your car wasn’t too badly damaged. People suck! Your suits looking very nice. First time you scratch that paint you’re going to be freaking out! I know I would be for sure.

Progress is looking good,SB:thumbsup
Sorry about your car; I hope they find and apprehend the driver who did this

the police got the guy, he couldn't exactly run his car was totally destroyed, well I say his car lol it wasn't his and he didn't have a license.just one of those things sent to try us :) Insurance are dealing with it all so no worries on my part, cheers all.

Nice job.

What printer are you using? Looks like creality c10 (or whatever its called)

Does it have the 19.5"x19.5"x19.5" build volume?

I just bought a new computer and the S5. (With all the upgrades tinymachines.com had) Pretty excited to try it out. Hope it prints cleanly like yours does.

read, a lot lol the cr10 will print great but it can take time to get it all dialed in, don't be tempted to start upgrading things before you've got it running nicely.

Lots of people moan a lot about being unable to level the bed, these people are idiots!! its not difficult, yes the glass is warped on most of them but it still isn't rocket science!! any issue you'll have will be covered on the cr10 facebook group, the main weak point on the cr10 is the fans, they are cheap and nasty so replace them as soon as you can, on the hot end (the bit the plastic comes out of) the main fan will break down eventually, on my little printer it took months to fail, on the s5 is broke more or less right away, when it breaks your printer will keep jamming after around 30 mins or so, just replace it with a good quality PC fan, the standard replacement most people use is the Noctua fan - which I also use and had no issues with.

The control box fans are also noisy, but I've not bothered replacing those as the printers are in a different room so I can't hear them anyway.

Take it slowly! get a few small prints under your belt before launching into a hulk buster!

wow a lot of ad's with this new forum software, anyway some more progress

this was a quick test fit with duct tape holding things together lol, yes I know the arms where on wrong ;)
ivF16eQ.jpg

uTvpwdb.jpg

4epcoW1.jpg

need to finish a few projects, bonus points if you can name everything here ;)

yKF5eR5.jpg

just gone one hand left to paint now, and to finish strapping it up and that'll be another one done

Last edited:
Great looking build. Im wondering what you did for the eyes? Can you see thru them still?
Did you lock down the faceplate too?

BTW I'm super jealous of your printers. Big dream of mine to have one!

the eyes are engraved perspex with led's you can just about see through them. The faceplate is locked as their isn't enough space for hinges etc, and if you make the helmet bigger it looks like a bubble head

the eyes are engraved perspex with led's you can just about see through them. The faceplate is locked as their isn't enough space for hinges etc, and if you make the helmet bigger it looks like a bubble head

got any more details showing the eyes? ive seen so many different options!

thanks!

how long was the print time for the helmet?/material used

I don't really keep track of the print time or how much filament was used, 2 printers where running 24/7 for a few months on it, but due to the model I had to reprint the chest 3 times to get a decent one, so that was a huge chunk of time (and filament) wasted.

for just the helmet I think its was all done in a weekend

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back