Mpc Star Wars fans unite

Falcon fan

So me I have a lot of the old MPC Star Wars kits and I hope and plan to make them as perfect as possible with what I can learn on here. So how many of you still have and build your MPC Star Wars kits. Show me what you have made out of them so I can see how awsome they look

35487906_130861614462676_336997466350026752_o.jpg

Here are a few I recently cleaned up from many years of storage, all out of the box, no airbrush. I think they build up to something that looks pretty good, if you're not after 100% accuracy...
IMG20160509092302_zpsn671tege.jpgDSC_0034_zpsc99da228.jpgDSC_0197_zps357b84e9.jpgIMG20180213004230.jpgIMG20170509103547.jpgIMG20170527224642.jpg

Some great stuff in this thread

As far as myself, I have all of the MPC/AMT kits except the figure kits, Speeder bike, Y-wing and Slave-1

The AT-AT is still one of my favorite kits ever from them. Second was the Snowspeeder. I built those along with the X-wing, Millennium Falcon, Vader's Tie and Battle of Hoth when I was a kid

When I got back into modeling about 10 years ago I started picking up all the kits I didn't have.plus some new ones that came out

For the A-Wing I used the pilot that came in the Tie Interceptor since it looked more like an A-Wing pilot than the figure that came with the kit. I didn't do much else to it other than remove the raised panel lines and rescribe them as well as add engine lights

I didn't do anything besides paint the B-Wing (although, had I been a better modeler all those years ago I would have done some gap/seam filling :)

[

I did try to spruce up my old X-wing. I removed the wing marking decals since they were peeling off and weathered it and repainted as Red 2 (with what little I knew about X-wings 10 years ago )

For the AT-ST I did add the missing armor plating on the head, plus opened up the view ports, added the top railing, added guitar strings for the cables as well as adding some other details and plating

The Tie Interceptor also needed a lot of work as most of the notable surface details were non-existent as well as the panel lines

I added the missing details on the top of the cockpit window, and on the left and right as well as the missing guns. I also added the part on the back. At the time I had little reference to go with, so the details are more suggestive if the shapes rather than accurate reproductions of them. I'd like to revisit it at some point and give it more accurate details now that I know what they look like close up

and along with the Tie twin pack. Luckily they were in scale with the Interceptor. I also love the display base they came with

IMG_7742 (2)

And of course there is the prequels stuff which was under the AMT/ERTL moniker

Virago

AAT

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back