More new Trek series

I liked what Kurtzman did with the revamped Hawaii 5-0... But the people currently overseeing Trek "get" it far less than the people currently overseeing Star Wars. It's been wobbly since Generations, teetering since Voyager, and solidly off the rails from First Contact on. With the JJ-verse films and Discovery, it's not just off the rails, it's the Temple of Doom mine-cart chase out over a canyon with a river at the bottom full of crocodiles. I want to get excited at this, but based on what they've done over the last decade, I just find myself cringing in anticipatory dread.

I couldn’t have said it better. When the 2009 travesty came out, these guys trumpeted “we’re fans” and what they demonstrated was “we like phasers and warp speed and action, action, action.” It’s been elevator to hell since then, and Discovery only offered me a glimmer or two of hope,but for the most part I was bored.

Add to that CBS’ incomprehensible marketing plan that I had to subscribe to their mediocre streaming service for this “jewel” in the crown. Sorry, $10/mo is way way too much for one show and other crap I don’t want.

So I’m off the train completely. Don’t care if it’s off the rails, on the rails, monorail, overhead rail, maglev, whatever. These Gen X, Y content shredders seem to ruin anything that I used to enjoy.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back