My Bandai PG Falcon

Craig1701

So inspired by everyone's build of the PG Falcon, that I thought I would throw my Hunk of Junk into the mix! Not complete but getting there. Still have to apply small marking decals, streaks and some more weathering with the airbrush.

You can view pics of the build here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/craig1701/with/42845654331/
42845654331_7061965919_b.jpg

So inspired by everyone's build of the PG Falcon, that I thought I would throw my Hunk of Junk into the mix! Not complete but getting there. Still have to apply small marking decals, streaks and some more weathering with the airbrush.

You can view pics of the build here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/craig1701/with/42845654331/
View attachment 825303

Looks terrific! Hope to start mine at the end of this month. If I can get it looking half as good, I’ll be happy.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it's done! Great kit for anyone looking for an accurate representation of the Falcon.

Clutch asked for the colours so if you're curious, I've listedthem below. No mixing. I just eye-balled the closest colours using reference photos and the decal sheet.

Model starts with a black primer and the base colour is Tamiya AS-20 Insignia White.
Dark Grey Panels: Tamiya XF-83 Medium Sea Gray (RAF)
Really Dark Panel near jaw box: Model Master Panzer Gray
Tan Panels: Tamiya XF-55 Deck Tan
Beige Panels: Tamiya XF-57 Buff
Light Grey Panels: Tamiya XF-80 Royal Light Grey
Grey Panels: Tamiya AS-16 Light Grey (Decanted)
Vents: Tamiya Flat Black
Red: Vallejo Black Red
Washes: Tamiya Gray Panel Line, Vallejo Mecha Dark Rust Wash, Vallejo Black Wash
Weathering; Tamiya X-19 Smoke and Tamiya Weather Master sets (Orange Rust, Soot and Oil Stain)

It was a fun build but placing the hundreds of tiny marking decals was challenged my patience. The other skill that was tested was my ability to thin paint properly for the airbrush. I found it really challenging thinning the Vallejo Black Red. For some reason, I had a hard time finding the balance to thin it properly and it came out as either chunks of paint or it was too watery.

Thanks for all for posting their inspiring builds and all the tips offered on The RPF!

More photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/craig1701/

41666166700_a375a6acc1_b.jpg

43388375252_bd1b9eabec_c.jpg

29565260548_27ab91fa4b_b.jpg

29603112388_f771f8a7f2_b.jpg

29603108918_24f165df66_b.jpg

Nice work man. Love your streaks. Mine is pretty much done, just need to add the decals. Looks very time consuming like everything else. heh.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back