Fallout 4 Nuka Cola Rocket Bottles

GhostMinion

Sr Member
Hey guys! I made these a while ago, but finally got around to taking pictures of all of them. I present to you Nuka Colas!

To begin, I used a slightly modified version of this file, by Yakeru on thingiverse: Fallout 4 Nuka Cola / Cherry / Quantum bottles by Yakeru

I edited the files slightly, sizing the bottles up to about 7 inches tall. I had to change the tops after scaling the bottles up, so that I could still use real bottle caps on top. The original models posted to thingiverse were a bit shorter, but sized for real caps. As I scaled them up, the tops needed to be shrunk down some to keep the spout at the same size so I could use said caps. I printed all three bottle variations on a Form 2 SLA printer. I printed them hollow, to save from using too much expensive material. I then made molds for each of the three variations, and casted them in Smooth Cast 326. From there, it was a matter of getting the color dyes just right for each individual variation.

Then, I collaborated with EmmaInCandyland on making the artwork. She designed every single label, and all of the bottle cap artwork. We had the bottle caps printed up at BottleMark, and from there had everything needed to put these together. I can't begin to tell you just how much polishing I had to endure to get this project done. It took a great deal of time for the aching muscles in my forearm to heal. It was brutal, but the result were worth the effort. I haven't weathered these any, either. I kinda like the more clean, pre war look to them.

Anyhow, I hope you guys like them and tell me what you think!

Nuka Cola

nuka cola.jpg

Nuka Cherry

nuka cherry.jpg

Nuka Cola Quantum

nuka quantum.jpg

Nuka Cola Quartz

nuka quartz.jpg

Nuka Wild

nuka wild.jpg

Nuka Orange

nuka orange.jpg

Nuka Grape

nuka grape.jpg

Nuka Dark

nuka dark.jpg

Nuka Cola Victory
nuka victory.jpg

Nuka Mix
The brown Nuka Mix actually represents 12 of the Nuka Mixes from Nuka World​

nuka mix.jpg

Nuka Void

nuka void.jpg

Nuka Punch

nuka punch.jpg

nuka punch 2.jpg

Nukacide

nukacide.jpg

Nuka Rush

nuka rush.jpg

Nuka Slime

nuka slime.jpg

Nuka Love

nuka love.jpg

Nuka Ray

nuka ray.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Fallout 4 Nuka Cola Drinks

Nice work! I just googled some pics of the actual in-game items and these are spot on!

They look great.

I was about to say that it's too bad that short-run heat-shrink labels are so hard to do, but then I looked back at my reference, and the labels are messed up in-game anyways.

The only thing that bothers me a bit, is the sharp edges on the legs. I know it's accurate to the game model, but it is a feature that is impossible to achieve with blow-molded glass. There is always some rounding of the edges.

They look great.

I was about to say that it's too bad that short-run heat-shrink labels are so hard to do, but then I looked back at my reference, and the labels are messed up in-game anyways.

https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=584672&d=1454191518&thumb=1

The only thing that bothers me a bit, is the sharp edges on the legs. I know it's accurate to the game model, but it is a feature that is impossible to achieve with blow-molded glass. There is always some rounding of the edges.

I looked a little into heat shrink labels, like for 10 mins, and it didn't seem like an option. I really want those though.

Also in 2077 they had nuclear glass molding technology so they can make sharp corners. :lol ;)

To build on The Schlitzie post, I used a clear printable vinyl for my Nuka Cola bottle and printed the design straight on. The result is cleaner than straight paper IMO but still has issues with wrinkles because of the compound curve; flat materials don't like to bend in multiple directions :lol. Just something to consider.

DSC02054.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These look fantastic, and inspired me to print my own Nuka Cola bottle, which I am currently prepping to paint (i tried making a mold for resin using a mold material I have never worked with before, didnt add enough catalyst and then it leaked everywhere on my desk, whoops!) and it got me interested, has anyone made a 3D printable file for a Vim! yet? It seems like a relatively simple shape as well, so I might be able to reopen blender and see if I can give it a shot, but I just wanted to check and make sure no one else has done this yet

Attachments

• FO4-FarHarbor-Item-Vim (1).png
    FO4-FarHarbor-Item-Vim (1).png
    69.4 KB · Views: 194
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back