Blade Runner Snub-Nosed Blaster

JoeCragg

So quite recently, Adam Savage and Norm from Tested made a video making snub-nose blade runner guns. The kits they used were from a man called Dave Goldberg but from what I can tell, those kits are not available any more and were pretty pricey so I wanted to try and make my own. I've been using Creo to model the parts and then printing them in an Ultimaker 3d printer.
its not a perfect replica as its my own version with slighty different parts and shapes but it has the right look so I'm happy with it at the moment.

Below are a few pictures of how its going so far!
IMG_0791.JPG
I started by trying to scale up the gun from snapshots of the Tested Video.

fullsizeoutput_3e7.jpegfullsizeoutput_3e6.jpeg
I then went about creating the 3d models in the CAD and assembling them Im to what the end result will look like.

IMG_0899.JPGIMG_0900.JPG
and now Im currently printing the parts and assembling them all for a test run before I paint it all the colours I want.

I'll post with with updates when I've got a bit further, and ill include the 3D print files in a later post if any one else wants to make one.

Attachments

• IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 464
  • IMG_0894.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 446
Last edited:
This is absolutely fantastic. I love your proactive approach to just do it for yourself. I'm sure the end result will be more rewarding for you because of it. That Tested video really inspired me as well, so now I'm in the middle of making my own original gun design. I'm currently at the phase you are at right now, so I'm really looking forward to watching you making this design come to life. -Cheers

Updates !!

Ive finshed printing the main bits now, got the grips done this morning! there is still a few small details to add on but this is the assembled blaster! IMG_0908.JPGIMG_0909.JPGIMG_0910.JPGIMG_0912.JPGIMG_0911.JPG
Sorry the images are all rotated. I figure out how to fix that

DaveG. is a member here and his 3-D work, as well as his model-making skills, are set on a high bar. Good result for that snub! Eager to see it painted.

That is Awesome! I can't wait to see this build progress. That upper would look cool with your own custom stamped lettering in it. I would LOVE to print one.

Updates !!

Ive finshed printing the main bits now, got the grips done this morning! there is still a few small details to add on but this is the assembled blaster! View attachment 825562View attachment 825563View attachment 825564View attachment 825565View attachment 825567
Sorry the images are all rotated. I figure out how to fix that
That's great bro..I've only got a rubber prop cast of the original Ford gun , but it's got the right numbers stamped in..God knows what gen it is but good fun to paint and play with..

That is AWESOME! I've been looking for something like this since I saw the TESTED video. I remember following Dave Goldberg's build on this forum years ago, but I wasn't able to snag a copy for myself. I'm going to start printing this ASAP. I just wanted to congratulate you on a great job and say Thanks! You just made my day!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back