TDK Joker props (merged)

Hey everyone. I'm new to therpf but I've been going through the thread to get all the info on the spring activated jokerknife. From what I can tell in past posts the product-link to http://www.assistedknife.com was no longer available...

... but then I found this:

http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/24998/subcatid/59388/id/349707

So... i this the right one??? It looks right to me, but then again I don't know. Is the jokerknife supposed to come out the front or out the side?

Anyway, would love to get confirmation if this is the right one (I notice their marketing it as the jokerknife but hey, I'd rather trust the forum members than the marketing people) :)

One warning, the button/ejector/latch/whatever you want to call it assembly, is made from nickle plated brass and if you stab things a lot with it, it'll wear out fairly quickly. As long as you use it for slicing you should be fine. :lol

One warning, the button/ejector/latch/whatever you want to call it assembly, is made from nickle plated brass and if you stab things a lot with it, it'll wear out fairly quickly. As long as you use it for slicing you should be fine. :lol

LOL. Just for display and scaring the occasional punk so should be fine. :lol

Okey, I'm gonna trail off target a little bit here. I know we're talking props for the most part but as a lot of the discussions also revolve around the infamous viral campaign and general promo-objects (from buttons to joker cards) I thaught I'd show these two oddities for those who love promos.

(In other words: I KNOW it's not exactly the right venue but they feel so unknown that I'm pretty sure anyone with a Dark Knight fetish would like to know about em)

:angel

Number 1: The Dark Knight DVD screener set sent out in 93 copies to the HFPA (Hollywood Foreign Press Association) for their consideration in the upcoming Golden Globe Awards.

image.php

More photos, videoreview and other info over here:
http://www.discjunkie.se/index.php?page=viewdetails&id=259

Number 2: The Dark Knight Trailer DVD kit and business card holder (limitation unkown).

image.php

More photos, videoreview and other info over here:
http://www.discjunkie.se/index.php?page=viewdetails&id=260

About the knife Joker uses, I think there happens to be another of the knife available. It's still a switchblade knife, but instead of it ejecting out the front, it pops out from the side. I remember seeing a vender at Megacon that was selling several movie and TV based blade items. The knife was there, and I even picked it up to look at it. I thought it was odd that the blade popped out from the side and I couldn't recall at the time if it popped out from the front or from the side at the time.

Can anyone confirm this different version?

Has anyone ever sourced out the grenades used in the scene with the gang leaders?

It looks like there are a few different kinds in there, held in with some kind of straps and safety pins?.... :confused

I'm putting together a lifesize display and may try this pose if I can find the grenades.

thanks!

brad

I spent a long time looking for an accurate pencil and I found a pretty close match. I didn't weather it, though.

Hey, is there anyone with HQ scans of every joker card with the corresponding back? Anyone who could scan them for me would be a great help. I am having a custom deck produced. I have redrawn the box graphics in illustrator and I want to get them printed through a custom card manufacturer. Why? I want to upgrade from my DC deck to better linen finished card stock and I prefer the colors on the viral box.

Pm me if you can help, thanks!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back