TDK Joker props (merged)

Kyrack, do you have a clean image of that scene? I've been trying to look for some of the other knives too. I think one (last one placed on the table) is just a standard steak knife with a wooden handle.

I'm pretty sure one is a vegetable peeler, too.

Also over on the superherohype forum someone contacted Microtech and said that the company provided the film with a Makora, a Halo, and a Troodon. From what I've heard, the Troodon is either the mt 120-10 or mt120-11. I've been looking for another of the knives on the table, and think I've found a close match. Either a Concord 078 out the front automatic knife by AKC or this knife: http://www.skm.to/pages/skm/pager/p/med_14_205.html. The details look spot on except the placement of a screw on the side of the knife.

The troodon is an MT 120-8. I can say that for sure. It's got a satin metal blade and serrations along with the channel and cut-outs at the top.
The makora can be seen on the table along with the other knives. I think that's the only time it makes an appearance.
Not sure about the halo or any of the rest. Some good screens would help there. I only have one, and I can see the makora, the knife your talking about, maybe a buck knife, and some others that I can't see enough of to judge.

I don't have any clear screencaps of that scene. I had downloaded the trailer in the highest quality I could, then paused it and tried IDing the knife from that. I tried looking at some caps from a bootlegged version but they didn't help because the quality of them isn't so good. The "steak" knife is also surprisingly tough to find. At first I thought it was Chicago Cutlery, but where the blade and handle meet doesn't match any of the knives I've found so far.

I don't have any clear screencaps of that scene. I had downloaded the trailer in the highest quality I could, then paused it and tried IDing the knife from that. I tried looking at some caps from a bootlegged version but they didn't help because the quality of them isn't so good. The "steak" knife is also surprisingly tough to find. At first I thought it was Chicago Cutlery, but where the blade and handle meet doesn't match any of the knives I've found so far.

I just got a hold of the Warner Bros screener copy of the movie. If anyone wants me to try and get some screen caps, just let me know. Quality is excellent.

I just got a hold of the Warner Bros screener copy of the movie. If anyone wants me to try and get some screen caps, just let me know. Quality is excellent.

That would be a tremendous help! Could you cap the scene where the knives are being emptied out of Joker's coat and onto the table?

Does anyone know if anyone still has the knife that extremelysharpknifes offer, but the correct version? Not with the serrated blade.
As far as I can see, the correct version is going to be near to impossible to find. Even eBay has dried up in listings of them.

And thanks for helping to get that screencap, chewbaccadoll!

I've found versions with grooves and with serrations, but none with both. Which would you choose over the other? I just want one of these knives accurate or not. lol!

I've found versions with grooves and with serrations, but none with both. Which would you choose over the other? I just want one of these knives accurate or not. lol!

I assume your talking about the Troodon?

I can send you a link through PM to the exact model of knife if you like. :)

I would prefer the one of which pictures are shown in page 5 of this thread, but I guess if I cant find it at this point, Ill settle for the other one.

Your after "the" knife I take?
Sorry to say but, it seems to be sold out just about everywhere.
They're going for ridiculous prices anyway though.

Thank god i bought 3 of them and i'm down to 2 i think i sold my other one to the batman here on therpf.i have one left mint in the box and one loose for fiddling around with :love.I knew these babies were gonna be impossible to find eventually.

-Pitbull

Not seeing too much in these grabs, but here they are eitherway:

capture2.jpg

capture1.jpg

Thank god i bought 3 of them and i'm down to 2 i think i sold my other one to the batman here on therpf.i have one left mint in the box and one loose for fiddling around with :love.I knew these babies were gonna be impossible to find eventually.

-Pitbull

:confused

I'm pretty sure they are readily available on eBay...

EDIT: After looking, it looks like the eBay ones are the inaccurate, serrated version.

Last edited:
:confused

I'm pretty sure they are readily available on eBay...

EDIT: After looking, it looks like the eBay ones are the inaccurate, serrated version.

yes those are innacurate.I really thought ebay would have tons of them available but i guess not :unsure.

Look what came in the mail today. :love
m76recvr.jpg

The receiver assembly for my M76. :cool
After a botched attempt to get one from japan, I ordered this one from a dealer in the UK. Looks like this part got through customs okay. Still waiting on the box and the rest of the bits. Hopefully they'll show up sometime next week.

The knife is for scale. It's not as big as I thought it would be.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back