TDK Joker props (merged)

That is much more clear. So what would be the best choice of G17 airsoft for those of us that want "accurate" prop pieces (aluminum slide, trademarks, extended mag). I'd prefer gas or spring. Electric just doesn't seem right to me.

That is much more clear. So what would be the best choice of G17 airsoft for those of us that want "accurate" prop pieces (aluminum slide, trademarks, extended mag). I'd prefer gas or spring. Electric just doesn't seem right to me.

This is what I want to know. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to these kinds of things. I only know how to Google, and unfortunately, I can't find any store that has the G17 airsoft in stock.

The first one is the closest. You can compare to this image of the actual tie worn by Ledger that's on display in Hollywood. I think the bright gold colored parts might need to be flipped to make it perfect, but otherwise it's the closest match.

well right now the Tokyo Marui G17 is the hot airsoft gun in the Glock realm, they are the easiest to find silver aluminum slides for too as the KWA/KSC Series are approximately 5 years old now. you can get the TM over seas and Guarder makes pretty good custom parts if you are looking for the slide.

http://www.intrudershop.com/show_product_eng.asp?idproduct=1053#top

you can see that's pretty much the gun there, down side is TM doesn't make the extended mag:cry

Where can someone find and inexpensive version of the G17 that is available that also has the silencer and extended mag? Since I am only going to use it for the costume I don't need it to be a $200 airsoft.

Where can someone find and inexpensive version of the G17 that is available that also has the silencer and extended mag? Since I am only going to use it for the costume I don't need it to be a $200 airsoft.

Inexpensive in Airsoft typically means spring loaded. It will probably be hard To get all those features you are looking for in just a simple prop.

I'd start with that spring 2-tone glock some one posted a link to. extend the mag by cutting it flat, gluing it to a piece of wood that was fixed inside the mag well to simulate the extended mag. than just fashion your own silencer and rig it to the front. it may be non-working airsoft, but it could be done cheap and with little effort.

Hell, I cant recommend Airsplat on basis that airsofters come to us with complaints about their service all the time, but they have what you need.

AP-HA-117BS.jpg

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AP-HA-117BS.htm

AirsoftAtlants used to carry this itme in all black, its ok but stress on the silencer while attached will break the plastic barrel.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what's wrong with the silencer that comes with it? I know nothing about airsofts other than a few basic things, so I'm curious. Thanks!

I think I'll invest in a KSC. I found a site that offers them along with lots of option parts.

Thankfully, the customer service on Vietnam War Guns replied to me. Said they'll ship my M76 next week. I'll wait and see before I jump for joy however. :rolleyes

I think I'll invest in a KSC. I found a site that offers them along with lots of option parts.

What site did you find? i can give you a few recommendations on HK based retailers.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what's wrong with the silencer that comes with it? I know nothing about airsofts other than a few basic things, so I'm curious. Thanks!

well its just plastic, nothing really anything wrong. its just a plastic toy, not really a milsim, high grade quality unit

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification! What would a quality silencer run? Would it be compatible with the cheapy gun?

well $30 to $60, and no not with that gun.

Airsoft silencers fit to a particular thread pitch, either 14mm clockwise or 14mm counter clockwise. plus i should note, that if they reduce the muzzle report by even 1 decibel they are illegal or like here in GA require a class 3 license. (that's not say you cant get away with having one that works:cool)

in the case of the cheapy gun at airsplat, its a plastic toy. no worries about illegal silencer ownership there.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back