star wars identities models Belgium

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi,
I have no idea if this is of any interest or if all of that is readily available everywhere but I just visited star wars identities and wanted to share pictures I took the models there. excuse the blur in some pictures and that I didn't take a lot.
I hope it can help some of you guys, I'm always so impressed at your work on the studio scale models :thumbsup

very HD pictures though, thought the highest the best.

DSC00085.JPG
DSC00086.JPG
DSC00087.JPG
DSC00088.JPG
DSC00089.JPG
DSC00090.JPG
DSC00091.JPG
DSC00092.JPG
DSC00093.JPG
DSC00094.JPG
DSC00095.JPG
DSC00096.JPG
DSC00097.JPG
DSC00098.JPG
DSC00099.JPG
DSC00100.JPG
DSC00101.JPG
DSC00102.JPG
DSC00103.JPG
DSC00104.JPG
DSC00105.JPG
DSC00106.JPG
DSC00107.JPG
DSC00108.JPG

the rest in next post ;)

I saw this exhibition when it was in London, last year.
Alot of time was spent looking in awe at the Star Destroyer- the level of detail is just insane!
One slight disappointment was the amount of glass and neon lighting which made some of the vehicles difficult to photograph successfully.

yeah, I couldn't believe that star destroyer, it's huge and the details are amazing. all those lines on the hull...
really liked the back of all the ships too.
I also heard here that the A wing was a lot bigger scale but still was surprised to see the actual size. was really a nice experience :)

I'm planning a trip Belgium in August. Planned on going to London and even Amsterdam, but couldn't make it. Honestly, I hate that display! Wish they would display them separately. Either way, I'll still be there in two months.

Joe

The falcon was separated, but seriously it kind of adds something to see all of them lined up like that!
I was very stressed to go to that exhibition, I went to the Harry potter one last year and we standed in lines outside for 1 hour, then, we were pressed to move all the time by the organization inside and it was completelly full of people, we could never see anything. Not mentioning the fact that most of the items were replicas and nothing was well explained.

This exhibition was Awesome, we went on a saturday at 2PM, we arrived, there was no one, seriously not a single person, our friends were waiting for us on the stairs, and we just went inside, validated our tickets and started the exhibition. It became a little bit more crowded in the middle, but we still saw everything, I took 250 pictures, stayed in front of every prop for as long as I wanted. It was perfect.

I went to the UK show 3 times last year and was wowed out everytime - like your show - it was quiet and there was plenty of time to see and read everything - I loved Jabba's eyes the most !

I second that! Unfortunately, that bird has lost a lot of her original parts. You can see stuff missing off the back mount cover, the top and bottom extension spines...etc.

Excellent! You can never have enough reference, the more pictures the better! Thanks!
Hopefully going to see this in Sydney, Oz later this year.

if you have a good zoom, you can kind of get everything in close up. There is a lot of space around each model. my camera just doesn't have a zoom, so I couldn't get closer. ;)

So, I just came back from Brussels; Identities being my main reason to go. I thought the exhibit was cool. Short but fun. Seeing the models up close for the first time was truly amazing! Although I have just about every donor kit and part for every SW model, therefore being familiar with dimensions, I was surprised how small the parts looked on the models, especially the 8 foot SD and 32" MF.

I still don't like the main model setup. It looks cool but sucks for us SS guys. I took two lenses, thinking my 70-300 would do the job. The 18-55 was way better! The lighting just sucked. Fortunately, my flash malfunctioned...and went off, by accident of course, each time. I got some decent shots of some mystery parts on the TIE Interceptor, some great shots of a mystery parts on the Interceptor, some close ups of my favorite B-Wing, and some trench shots of the Imp Shuttle wing.

Mostly, I photographed the 32" Falcon. Since I was not getting good shots due to lighting and model position, I focused on getting adequate shots to map paint flecks in the top deck and as many bottom shots as I could. I regret not getting good shots of the front portion of the port mandible wall!!!!! If anyone is going, can I please request some specific pics of a few parts?

Although I spent about an hour there, I only came out with about 260 photos. I expected 3 times as much but got frustrated with the lighting and angles.

Although memorable, I wish the models were positioned like many of the other props, especially the pod racer maquettes which were virtually accessible from all sides and very well lit.

Brussels over all was chill...great beer and waffles of course! Hate to say that Italy actually has better fries. Lol!

I'll share pics at a later date.

Joe

I did not realize a SW exhibit was still going on. I saw the Where Science Meets Imagination when it toured the US. Does any one know if the Identities show will come to the US. Or did I miss it?

Oh damn Joe didnt know you were going. Could have met up. Only 1,5 drive for me. I went to meet a friend from germany there two weeks ago. Totally agree about the set up. Think totally by accident i got a nice shot of a mistery part in the Slave I cockpit.

Mostly, I photographed the 32" Falcon. Since I was not getting good shots due to lighting and model position, I focused on getting adequate shots to map paint flecks in the top deck and as many bottom shots as I could. I regret not getting good shots of the front portion of the port mandible wall!!!!! If anyone is going, can I please request some specific pics of a few parts?
Joe

Hi Joe

I did a scouting run when the exhibition was in London. I was using my iPhone to get a sense for the lighting, with the intent to get back with my DSLR. Except I never made it! Here's what I got for the mandibles if its of any use. iPhone 7 so low light performance iffy.

938.JPG918.JPG

Marvin,
My bad man!!!!! I f'd that up royally! No worries, I still have about a year if you are down to meet, drink some beers or beverages, and talk models!

Scott,
I believe it is headed to Australia. I could be wrong though, I would have to check the website.

Vector,
Those are good pics, iPhones usually are good at low light. Attached is an example of some of my best pics. I had some crappy ones as well. I also had to crop an area of the original and reduce the resolution. I had my settings pretty high at about 6k x 4k. Sending you a pic of the area I need. Thanks!

Joe

Attachments

• DSC_1776.jpg
    DSC_1776.jpg
    981.8 KB · Views: 196
Thank you so much for posting these photos!

Nice to see the same B-Wing that Bandai used for the special edition kit- funny, until recently I never realized there were two primary filming models...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back