Custom flashgun lightsaber build (contest?)

Brevin Din-Shay

Sr Member
RENAMED --

Use whatever parts you have. Flashguns to spare parts like on a desert planet. My kudos to Shing for being such a participator!

============================================================

Hi all,

I have had several flashguns that are dying to escape their boxes for a few years.

In the past, we have had great success with custom saber builds. I thought I would tweak it to just include flashguns.

If not solely flashguns, what about just...…….customs out of scratch again?

Who's interested??? What's interesting??? Please chime in!!!

image_share1441653343972.jpgimage_share1441653332985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: INTEREST THREAD -- Custom flashgun lightsaber build (contest?)

And then there were 3! :ninja

So guys, should we just broaden this topic to say "custom scratch / flashgun saber build?" Help me out, I'm just trying to get a feel for the RPF again. It's been many years since I participated actively, and I am excited to see this taking shape!

I think it should be purely found parts, found machined parts or spares, scratch built or flash gun. Machined TCSS or 3d printed parts specifically to build for this...nah

Last edited:

The above pictured sabers were both from found parts. Electrical conduit and Mag-Lite were the bases. I know what you're talking about!

Let's see if we can excite any more guys to participate. :devil

Well, this post has hung around long enough to get the feel...

I guess it would be an open build, scratch AND flashguns. Whatever is your cup of tea.

Shall we discuss voting? Prizes?

And if anyone else who hasn't chimed in wants to, I really encourage it. We NEED more participation. The more, the merrier!

How about two contests? One for scratch built / found parts, and one for Flash tubes only. I'm constantly building custom sabers, but just got my first flash gun tube. Just started a found parts saber staff tonight, from found scrap at work.

Do there have to be electronics installed? If not, then I might be able to enter. I do not have enough money for electronics yet. Also how long is the contest going to last? This sounds like fun!

I'd like to give it a try.
Have you nailed down the criteria yet?
Can a person enter in both categories, assuming there are 2?
Does the project have to start now, or can it be something already completed?
Does scratch building include CNC and 3d printing, or by hand?

So you mention 'custom'.. but then I saw no TCSS, modd'd TCSS or 3D printer parts (the later of which I never do)..

So it just found parts? or what? The details have changed.. but are not clear.

I'm always in, I'm at around 30 custom found part/flashgun sabers and counting.

We have the custom saber thread, so I agree that the contest should have some sort of parameters or theme. That seems to generate the best results.

I'm in. I have a couple found/spare-machined/scratch-built parts sabers in the works as we speak!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back