[WAY BACK MACHINE] - Tony Stark Whiskey Glasses from the Avengers 2008

bobatrek

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've just started looking for these...

avengers-tony-stark-drinky.jpg

And have found these on Amazon (and they even reference them)...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07547KGC5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1GGXWFDWU2A57&psc=1

But it is without the black and silver on the base. Or is that the lighting playing tricks on the eyes?

Can anyone recommend a good glass paint?

To me.. it looks as if the bottom is all one metal/metallic base.. the 'ridges/edges' just shine/reflect making it look lighter... perhaps?

If you look at the one behind him on the shelf.. it doesnt look see through like glass. (pewter maybe?)

I feel like that is the correct glass and the prop department just painted it. But then again, what do I know. I'm too busy drinking whisky. :lol

It does not look painted. The bottom part of glassware is usually thicker. Not as clear; producing more prominent shadows. It reflects a background color when light bends through it - depending on the angle of a light source. The black color is reflected from the black shirt and table. On the Amazon link alone, you see a better photo of the glass.
71mfhoWSM7L._SL1500_.jpg
See how it no longer appears black but matches the brown color of his shirt and better reveals the whisky itself?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back