LASERS - Where can I get them

jwood314

I have been looking online for lasers to put into my large scale Star Trek models, everyone needs lasers for phasers. I have found a few places on line, one is geeklasers.com. Is there a limit on the power you can purchase these days?

Are there any super secret laser lairs Iurking around that a normal person wouldn't know about?

Thanks,
James

Is it too much to ask to have freakin' sharks with lasers on their head? :D

I briefly looked into lasers to use on my Oblivion drone and there are options out there. The trick is finding lasers that operate in the visible spectrum (I seem to recall green and blue perhaps?) and of course are safe-ish to people's eyes. Most laser pointers and such are not visible unless they are hitting things like smoke or objects. I contemplated using a laser level but since you can't see it without haze, I abandoned the thought. I know that's not much help and I'm sure other people here know a LOT more than I do and hopefully will chime in. and there's googlfying it. Good luck and keep us posted.

Bill

Please don't use lasers. You're gonna burn someone's eyes out like instant eye surgery, in a bad way. They are not for fooling around with.
Besides, you wont be able to see the laser beam from the side unless you have some mist or smoke in its path.
But if you really want to take the risk, you can find cheap lasers in a good dollar store. No joke. Seen them at a few stores.... Only red color though.

If you know any electronics, then you can get compact lasers (about 5 mm round and 4 mm long) found in unserviceable DVD, CD players, and Hard drives..

I just gut the cheap laser pointers you get from China, but as stated you don't see it till it reflects off something such as water vapor or smoke. And don't look directly into the beam or it will damage your eyes.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back