Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando version

Argh. Just spent all evening detailing the area around the ramp doorway, thinking I don't have any references to it, so I might as well make it look like the ANH doorway. And then I realised I do, and that the Lando ship has just cushions and a control panel there. Dammit dammit!

Maybe I'll reuse the data for my PG Falcon, even though it's utterly impossible to see it once it's installed. Just so I know it's there. :)

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 02.25.40.png

PS: I know the wall cushions should be rounder on the flat surface, but you know, you can't really tell at 1:144 anyway...

Argh. Just spent all evening detailing the area around the ramp doorway, thinking I don't have any references to it, so I might as well make it look like the ANH doorway. And then I realised I do, and that the Lando ship has just cushions and a control panel there. Dammit dammit!

Maybe I'll reuse the data for my PG Falcon, even though it's utterly impossible to see it once it's installed. Just so I know it's there. :)

View attachment 830782

PS: I know the wall cushions should be rounder on the flat surface, but you know, you can't really tell at 1:144 anyway...

Looks great, man! Can't wait to get my hands on your upgrade parts!

How possible is it to do, with the Lando Falcon you have modelled before, a down the middle (or just off the middle) lengthwise cross-section, for the 1:144 Bandai? I'm thinking it would be fun to replicate the Attakus Falcon Diorama, but with the Lando Falcon. Not sure what environment would work for it, though. Nothing in the film is that scintillating to replicate, unfortunately! (Maybe Cloud City...we know Lando has the model of that on the Falcon, so maybe it's something he visited and thought "one day, I want to own this...!")

How possible is it to do, with the Lando Falcon you have modelled before, a down the middle (or just off the middle) lengthwise cross-section, for the 1:144 Bandai? I'm thinking it would be fun to replicate the Attakus Falcon Diorama, but with the Lando Falcon.

Yargh! That'd be awesome, but by god would that be a ton of work! Not only would you have to model a whole boatload of internal components, but you'd also have to make them up, since there isn't any canon source for what the internals of the Falcon really look like, other than the cockpit, corridors, and hold. So it'd be a fascinating project, but would take months...

Well, I'm still stalled on this one. It was such a pain measuring everything against photos I ended up ordering a kit. And it hasn't turned up, so I'm looking to buy another one from a different seller.

Well, I'm still stalled on this one. It was such a pain measuring everything against photos I ended up ordering a kit. And it hasn't turned up, so I'm looking to buy another one from a different seller.

It's a great kit to have anyway! That really sucks that the first one you ordered never showed... Hopefully, you'll get a refund.

Sigh. Okay. This project is on hold. I was 95% done, as the screenshots show, and then I went travelling for 3 weeks. When I got back I was going to do the final sizing of the corridors to the actual kit that finally arrived from seller #2.

And then it all broke. I used an online web-based CAD service, and they made some silent back-end change to their rendering engine that broke my model. A specific object type won't load, and now the entire thing refuses to load correctly.

Unless they fix that, I'll have to rebuild the entire damn project from scratch...

B.E.A.-utiful.
If i had the time i would definitely do this version. It would have to be added to the model bucket list till then. [emoji1363][emoji1363]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's some reference pics from the Solo Blu-Ray BTS disc of the Falcon post Kessel run:

View attachment 845274

View attachment 845277

View attachment 845278

View attachment 845283

Hope this helps anyone who is doing a conversion.

SB

Whoa Nelly! This would be a challenge -- but what a great one! I'm working on the Bandai Lando Falcon right now, and I'm constantly thinking about how it would deconstruct and strip down to become the ANH version. If I didn't have four models on the bench already and making plans for the 1/350 K'tinga, I'd seriously consider doing this.

During this week I took a break from my PG Falcon and wanted to complete my Lando Flacon. Here's where I'm at:

Attachments

• 8AB83EF3-C86E-4C6A-A2E7-6D2327CACCA7.jpeg
    8AB83EF3-C86E-4C6A-A2E7-6D2327CACCA7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 300
  • AD13C60B-49B0-49BA-AD50-240D774C4E8F.jpeg
    AD13C60B-49B0-49BA-AD50-240D774C4E8F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 186
  • BD697CA8-DBCF-4DC0-84BF-83768BB4A4E0.jpeg
    BD697CA8-DBCF-4DC0-84BF-83768BB4A4E0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
  • 7C4FF06D-17DE-43F1-AA88-F6C086500E80.jpeg
    7C4FF06D-17DE-43F1-AA88-F6C086500E80.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 196
Hunk a Junk;[URL="tel:4532963" said:
4532963[/URL]]Looking good. I'm jealous of your Solo tin popcorn bucket. Sweet.

Thank you... That I picked up when I saw Solo in the theater... I couldn't, not get it...lol.. I immediately thought of using it for displaying my Lando Falcon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back