Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando version

Lol... Maybe... But I'm not selling mine. I'm using them, but if anyone wants the clear cockpit cone from my TFA kit, they can have it.

Just got the base for my Lando falcon:

3B0799F3-31DA-45E0-9F37-70FFAAE0E4D3.jpeg

Wow, that's nice. Which set did you use, and what was your process?

Thanks! This is what I used to make the mold:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BNF3TK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You just mix with a 1:1 ratio and that's it. I used a sturdy cardboard box, hot glued the pieces to the bottom, and poured the stuff over the pieces. Next time I'd like to make a double mold so I can do a whole cast of a piece.

This is the resin I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BM9LHRB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After I cut out the pieces from my molds, I mixed that stuff together in a 1:1 ratio and poured it in. The mold cures in about 6 hours, but the resin takes more than a day to cure all the way.

Hello all

Great thread so far...
What I just realized...the Lando Falcon has the 5 point landing gear that so far we only know from ESB onwards. Looks like Disney did not pay attention to details here. I wonder if Bandai might come up with a ANH Falcon in 144 in the future...would be nice for sure. Right now I can not afford the 1/72 scale one... :-(

cheers
Uwe

Hello all

Great thread so far...
What I just realized...the Lando Falcon has the 5 point landing gear that so far we only know from ESB onwards. Looks like Disney did not pay attention to details here. I wonder if Bandai might come up with a ANH Falcon in 144 in the future...would be nice for sure. Right now I can not afford the 1/72 scale one... :-(

cheers
Uwe
That issue was covered in the movie. ;)

Looks great! Mine is on the backburner for a bit while I finish up my dio... I have a PG Falcon coming in on Friday, too... So I'm super excited about that... Ugh, so many projects and so little time! I wish I got paid to do this...lol

I spent some time yesterday making the head rests for the rear cockpit seats and started painting the cockpit.
Tamiya Deck Tan (XF-55) looks to be a close color for the front seats based on this image.

hs-571331_r.jpg

I just finished building mine, and shot some comparisons with my (non-canonical) TFA-ish Falcon build:

Really terrific job! Did you paint the blue or is that the decals? I'm also guessing you used a brown panel accent ink? I'm just starting to fiddle with the engine lighting on mine, but I hope mine turns out as good as yours.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back