Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando version

Thanks! Photos are definitely helpful, but you do need the physical model on hand to measure and test against to get a proper fit, I find. Otherwise it just tends to be close!

Did some fiddling with the interior bits tonight... So far so good! The diameter of the 'door ways' leading out of the center hold are 5/8th of an inch or 16mm... Time to hit up the hardware store!

D86E72D0-58F7-4336-B194-B5362FBB7198.jpeg6A0E4A87-8573-4CA3-ADD7-7C6AB928B6F9.jpeg9B138B91-7584-488A-A2AC-4ED1393BC8D2.jpeg7BF60A7C-6A79-40C5-9CAA-00C63D81B641.jpeg60EA535D-0E9D-48E9-822A-9F5D691AD69D.jpegF4EA02D0-7A2B-450A-98D2-A0D2C54C37BD.jpegF17D1316-BC1E-4173-8554-6CD5F3F173BB.jpeg

Hm. Anyone in the UK have this kit yet? And willing to post me the internal components so I can measure and compare to test prints? I've had a look at korben44's photos and it's all definitely doable - just really fiddly to get right!

I'm happy to take a look at this, but I don't really plan on buying this kit. I have enough unfinished Falcon models lying around... :)

- nkg

I'm going to cast mine this weekend. I could make an extra set and send it to you if that would help...

I'm going to cast mine this weekend. I could make an extra set and send it to you if that would help...

Hey - that’d be cool. As long as whatever method you use doesn’t have too much shrinkage or distortion of shapes and sizes, since at this scale the prints would need to be pretty well spot on to fit! :)

Hey - that’d be cool. As long as whatever method you use doesn’t have too much shrinkage or distortion of shapes and sizes, since at this scale the prints would need to be pretty well spot on to fit! :)

I'll definitely check for shrinkage. I got some hard, clear resin which isn't supposed to shrink, so we will see.

r0ver;[URL="tel:4483323" said:
4483323[/URL]]Is the casting for lighting purposes?

The main reason is practice. But I'm making someone a casting so they have proper measurements to make additional interior upgrades. I was also interested in modifying one and adding it to the regular Falcon kit.

The main reason is practice. But I'm making someone a casting so they have proper measurements to make additional interior upgrades. I was also interested in modifying one and adding it to the regular Falcon kit.

Were you able to test fit the clear TFA cockpit to see if there are any fit issues?

I see. Definitely interested in seeing how it works out as i’d love to ‘retrofit’ the original 1/144 with the inner part too.

Cheers

So there’s going to be a big sub market of people selling their clear cockpit windows, landing gear legs, and boarding ramp interiors from their TFA/TLJ Falcons to buyers of the Solo Falcon?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back