Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando version

No clear parts for the canopy or turret windows... Just the empty frames.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have to check, but I would say yes. The cockpits are swappable with some minor modifications.
The reason I ask is that it looks to me like the top ridge is sunken like it should be. I wonder if it's more accurate to the original falcon

I suspect that they got the external Falcon data, but didn't get the details of the ramp and landing gear in time. Because there's a lot of lead time to make a kit to coincide with a movie release, and they'd get a ton of fallout if they released a kit with incorrect details, they felt it was safer to just omit the parts altogether.

That's my guess. Couldn't say for sure. Can't think of another reasonable explanation, though.

I'd be surprised if the cockpit tunnel tube will fit the old kits - they should be larger in diameter owing to the additional panel plating.

I suspect that they got the external Falcon data, but didn't get the details of the ramp and landing gear in time. Because there's a lot of lead time to make a kit to coincide with a movie release, and they'd get a ton of fallout if they released a kit with incorrect details, they felt it was safer to just omit the parts altogether.

That's my guess. Couldn't say for sure. Can't think of another reasonable explanation, though.

That doesn't justify the exaggerated price.

My shipping is $7 plus I have a $5 credit from buying the PG. Even without a ramp and landing gear, that's an okay price (considering we're also getting an extra mandible pod that's not on the regular kit :lol)

Here's a comparison of the cockpit tube:

74D94C06-6634-42C8-B87D-A791510C0EC9.jpeg

Hm. Anyone in the UK have this kit yet? And willing to post me the internal components so I can measure and compare to test prints? I've had a look at korben44's photos and it's all definitely doable - just really fiddly to get right!

I'm happy to take a look at this, but I don't really plan on buying this kit. I have enough unfinished Falcon models lying around... :)

- nkg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back