Sebastian Shaw Vader head ( digital for 3D printing )

daz

I bought the black series Vader helmet (yeah I know) and had the idea to make a Vader head for it but in theory this could work for any Vader set up.

I have 2 goals with the project:

1. A solid Shaw likeness.

2. A Shaw Vader that doesn't look weak and defeated as we see him in ROTJ.

Reference and WIP:

shaw_pano.jpg

vader_movie_ref.jpg

shaw_vader_wip.jpg

To do:

Scars, asymmetry, expression etc.

Excellent project, I've always been a fan of Sebastin Shaw's version as Anakin, I hope you can add the eyebrows :D

Excellent project, I've always been a fan of Sebastin Shaw's version as Anakin, I hope you can add the eyebrows :D

haha, I knew the eyebrows would come up! I don't usually agree with George's revisionist stuff, but this is one call he made that I tend to agree with tbh sorry! :)

Very nice work! I would love to have something like this to display my BS Helmet, especially if I could build the thing clay/arm seen in ESB that comes down from the ceiling to suspend his lid.

I never understood the age they landed on for Anakin in ROTJ.

Shaw looked to be bordering on 70 years old but Anakin couldn’t have been older than his mid to late 40’s at the time.

Because they got an older actor to play the de-masked Vader in a time when the prequels weren't even conceived, or fully realized, yet.

If you want to go by what Lucas or what the "lore" says, then you're pretty much lost. I like to think things happened a little longer than what is "official." TPM happens a little bit later than it's stated to have, 10 years to AotC, and then close to another decade to RotS, 6-8 years, then the standard timeline to ANH. It doesn't solve everything but it makes some things easier to digest, in my eyes.

This thing looks fantastic! I've been sprucing up my CR-10 and am also working on a Vader bust. I'm very, very interested in seeing where this goes.

I printed a front 'slice' of the face to evaluate size etc. Please ignore the large ripple at the top of his head, the print lifted from the build plate part way through:

42820238251_cbf85fb22b_b.jpg

41009860160_1b368afa1b_b.jpg

And a fun pic next to a life mask of Cushing:

41009857050_352f620892_b.jpg

I think I might push some of the finer details to be stronger. And there's some funky stuff happening with my printer so need to re-level. I also might paint one of the smaller prints to see how its looking in colour.

Attachments

• 42820238251_cbf85fb22b_b.jpg
    42820238251_cbf85fb22b_b.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 512
Awesome project and really like the expression you went with - in the reference pictures I noticed that particular expression and thought that was cool before I noticed you had already decided that should be the look.

I can see you mixed in the ESB scarring on the back of the head with the RotJ top and cheek scarring. Totally understandable as the RotJ rear scars look really lame in comparison. I think you could go a little deeper and more detailed on the rear and cheek scars.

I have been working on a Prowse reveal version with my friend, so it is nice to see a new Sebastian Shaw version with a much more serious look. Would be cool to have it in sixth scale.

I never understood the age they landed on for Anakin in ROTJ.

Shaw looked to be bordering on 70 years old but Anakin couldn’t have been older than his mid to late 40’s at the time.

Lack of sleep due to a noisy suit and being partially burned alive will age a man pretty fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome project and really like the expression you went with - in the reference pictures I noticed that particular expression and thought that was cool before I noticed you had already decided that should be the look.

I can see you mixed in the ESB scarring on the back of the head with the RotJ top and cheek scarring. Totally understandable as the RotJ rear scars look really lame in comparison. I think you could go a little deeper and more detailed on the rear and cheek scars.

I have been working on a Prowse reveal version with my friend, so it is nice to see a new Sebastian Shaw version with a much more serious look. Would be cool to have it in sixth scale.

Thanks TMG, I'll take a look at your comments. Of course, the beauty of digital is smaller scale version no problem. I've been tinkering with other 1:6 scale projects myself of late.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back