Wonder Woman 1984

Maybe its a crossover with JJTrek 4 where the Enterprise slingshots around the sun to go back to the 80s and bring back a couple of sperm whales (the writers don't want to be accused of plagiarism) to the 23rd century. WW meets Kirk, who is the great great great great great great grandson of Steve Trevor.

I really look forward to wallowing in 80's nostalgia which would could make it an experience I'd want to revisit repeatedly.

Set photos suggest this might be centered around onset of AIDS crisis. While AIDS was a critical part of the 80's I'm afraid of this devolving into a virtue signal platform about "homophobia." It's certainly an important issue but in Hollywood this subject tends to lean heavily on straw men (people?) and gross caricatures.

Just give me a great movie full of Walkmen, IBM PC's, boom boxes, break dancing, giant Motorola cell phones, Rubik's Cubes, video game arcades, yuppies etc. and I'll be very happy.

Last edited:
I don't understand the Steve Trevor comments. (here and elsewhere)

Have you not seen the "The New Adventures of Wonder Woman" tv series?

It is also set in the 80's...that Steve Trevor is the original Steve's son.
Could be wrong but I think that is what they are doing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(TV_series)#Season_2

Oh, I remember. I personally think of that as part of Wonder Woman's "Dark Ages".

Look. I get why the studio wants Chris Pine back. He's an inoffensively bland, somewhat bankable name who had decent chemistry with Gal Gadot in the first one. However.... However. He also had a really GOOD, heroic, meaningful death. Personally, I feel that the only way this is not ****ting on the inspiration provided by that sacrifice is to have this be a ploy by Circe to **** with Diana prior to her facilitating the transformation of whichever version of Cheetah they're using for this movie.

or grandson.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they are copying season 2 of the tv show to bring him to the 80's.

I like the idea better that someone is tricking wonder woman and it's not really him.

No way that's Steve's son. He looks exactly like Steve did in WWI. Steve's son would be much older by the 80s. I'd bet anything thats just some sort of hallucination.

Yeah, if you figure that his son would have probably been born sometime around from 1914 - 1918 (to keep that WW I teim frame) that would make him 70 something during the '80s.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back