Incredibles 2 (Post-release)

What did you think of Incredibles 2?

• It was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: The Incredibles 2

I saw the proper trailer today (probably been out a while but it's new to me), and geez, there sure is a lot of "Mr. Mom" stuff.

I don't have kids and don't want to either, so I'm not in the target demographic for such gags, but I have never been entertained by "Dad is domestically inept" premises. It's actually rather insulting. Swap genders and tasks, and it would be offensive as hell, like the old "women can't drive" jokes and such.

Yeah, there's the extra wrinkle of superpowers, but still.

I was looking forward to this but I'm getting too much of the "mom can do anything while incompetent dad learns how hard it is to be a housewife" theme. I really hope this isn't where this is going. The original had authentic family dynamics and the characters were well written. (My favorite sequence is Helen and the kids in the jet - I just loved the frantic radio protocol up until the missile impact. Her use of military radio protocol informs her character's backstory and her performance was the best.)

Please don't let this sequel degenerate into a sitcom episode. I feel like I can predict the entire story with this trailer but I want to be wrong.

Last edited:
Went to the double feature with the original film. We had never even seen it in wide screen before!
I was really impressed how good the original looked, tons of details that don't show up well on DVD and a small screen.
The sequel was really fun and clever, it starts with that Mr Mom concept of the trailer but takes a turn for the better. Though Mr Incredible at home with the kids had some really good stuff.
I would probably have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so stoked from seeing the original just moments before. Like most sequels, it didn't meet the original but kept the tone and flavor.
Not perfect but fun and a good follow up.

Just got back and I loved it. It was a perfect superhero sequel, like Spider-Man 2 and X-Men 2

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My family and I enjoyed the film. We had already seen a "sneak peak" of the opening 10 minutes, a few days ago at Disney World.

OK, some mild SPOILERS below.
1) It's about on Parr with the first one (pun intended)
2) It picks up immediately where the first one ended.
3) The kid who does Dash's voice (now) sounds just like the actor from 14 years ago (similar to how they matched the two Nemo/Dory movies)
4) Frozone is really a side character, would have been nice to see him more in the film
5) The other "supers" we are introduced too are very generic; look like cosplayers at a local con. Not very memorable.
6) The main villain IS TELEGRAPHED A MILE AWAY. You'll know it as soon as you meet them onscreen. And not a very "deep" or complex villain either.
Syndrome was much better, IMHO.
7) Edna Mode in her brief screen time, was awesome
8) Jack-Jack steals the movie, hands down. Very funny.
9) They seem to even more imply that the time period is the late 1960s/early 1970s (although there is 80s and 90s tech there, so a confusing hybrid)
10) Great voice acting for the main characters (although CTN does sounds 14 years older)

Well worth the trip to the theater to see it on the big screen. My wife liked it better than the original; I'd say its 90% there.

Took a bunch of kids to see this today. Very fun, kids loved it. It had long stretches of characters talking and my 5 year old got a bit restless. But the action sequences were great. I think the first one was a bit more funny, but it's been a while since I have seen it.

Just got back from seeing this with the family and we all loved it. Agree with the fact that the original is better and some slower parts for the sake of character development but still a home run of a sequel! My daughter was 5 the first time we saw the original and now she's 19 :lol Very sobering thought!

This is what happens when great marketing matches the release date for an old cinema favourite with the general population . Happy Fathersday Disney!
"Incredibles 2" pulls in a $180 million weekend !!!!!

Loved it.

Yeah, too much Mr. Mom and Jack Jack stuff for my tastes, but that's just me. You know how Edna Mode recoiled when the baby approached? Yeah that's me. I know that's not most people. I knew it going in and dealt with it.

...and, like all baby-adverse characters in movies, she comes around. We don't actually do that. But anyway, for the sake of the film it was nice that she did, and they did it in an entertaining way. I love Edna.

I was ahead of the movie when it came to the sister, but I wasn't sure if her brother was going to be in on it. Glad he wasn't. And her character was SO well animated. So much character in her body language.

Took too long for them to realize they needed to remove the goggles on the opposing Supers. They wasted a couple of opportunities to do that earlier.

The public forgave the Supers rather quickly after the brainwashed broadcast.

LOVE the mid-century modern designs, especially that house.

The short was a sweet piece.

I guess they recovered their old suits from the wreckage of their old house? Where's the repair on his sleeve? ;)

The live-action bit before the movie: not a good look when the first thing in your film is an apology. I have the impression (from inside talk) that Disney is asking for these gratuitous intros (Coco had one, too), and the Pixar folks are just kind of putting up with it.

I saw 2/3rds of this movie.

I took my six year old granddaughter. She’s a bit squirmy anyway, and between the fifteen trailers, the Pixar short, and then finally the movie she was done about an hour in, held on a little longer, announced that she didn’t like the screenslaver fight with elastigirl. loved the raccoon fight, and having finished her gummy worms and popcorn, leaned over and told me that she wanted to go to the park.
After making sure, because sometimes her squirminess is just being a kid, she watched for another ten minutes, and finally said, yeah, I’m sure.

Rats. I was rather enjoying it. A bit predictable but fun. Going back for more without the little one.

I guess they recovered their old suits from the wreckage of their old house? Where's the repair on his sleeve? ;)

We see a bunch of Bob's memorabilia that looks rather soot covered in one scene, so they were able to salvage some stuff and, being super, it makes sense the suits survive unscathed. But the first thing I thought when I saw Bob was, where is the tear.

Forgot to mention that I'm pleased Bob's "Mr. Mom" troubles are based on the baby having uncontrollable powers....not some notion that men can't parent (apart some teasing from Helen along those lines, which is believable).

I also like that Tony standing up Violet was solely due to the memory wipe, and not because he's an stereotypical jerky popular school kid.

9) They seem to even more imply that the time period is the late 1960s/early 1970s (although there is 80s and 90s tech there, so a confusing hybrid)
Yeah, a compact disc is seen in the "Jack-Jack Attack" short, so it's vague...

...speaking of which, the interior of the house was wrecked in that short, but it was undamaged in the film when they got back to find Syndrome there.

Also, after all those phone messages from the sitter, and the fact that Dicker interviewed her, Bob and Helen still don't know the baby has powers?!

Dramatic license. :)

I just saw it with the family. Random notes:

It delivered - was pretty much what I expected with no real surprises. The first film was full of surprises - in story, character, world-building, design ... This one just played the same hand. I liked it a lot but, honestly, I’m really looking forward more to Wreck It Ralph 2 after that second trailer.

The facial animation changed quite a bit from the first movie. They went for more lifelike facial expressions than the more exaggerated ones of the first movie. It was a little weird - It was most noticeable with Helen (Mom). I kinda preferred the first film. The facial animation here dipped a toe into the uncanny valley at times.

Dash also got older between films.

Raccon fight was terrific. My favorite bit in the movie.

A little too much verbal exposition in some parts. The writing for the first film was much tighter.

Plot was passable and predictable. It was either going to be the guy or his sister. Did anyone else think his hands were maybe a little too large?

When hypnotized Helen attacked Bob it might have been nice if the villains also changed her costume. It wouldn’t be logical but a “Dark Elastigirl” would have been a cool nod to comic book convention.

Early in the movie when Fro-Zone came to meet Helen and Bob at the motel pool at night he opened with some quip. I thought of him saying, “The pool is closed” instead. (Obscure meme, if you’re into those.)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back