Fallout 4 - T-51b foam Power Armor

bummer6

So after a lot of digging I found that proper pepakura files for this particular armor are rare to say the least, so I figured I might as well make my own 3D model and make templates off of that. I'll be posting progress on both the 3D model and the real life armor here so you guys can follow along.

This wont be 100% accurate to the game model since I'll be taking some liberties with the design to make it a bit more cosplay friendly.
Here's the start of the chest armor that I have so far.

t-51b_pepakura.png

My goal is to make templates that are significantly simpler than what you'd get if you simply unfolded the in-game model, but still retain as much accuracy as possible.

The upper chestplate is pretty much done at this point. Still a ton of parts to do though.
79aedfa567c2e45f047dd4a25370b6a4.gif

Attachments

• t51b_turntable.jpg
    t51b_turntable.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 237
Nice looking good!

I too have spent a bit of time digging and found the same, i was hoping i could spend this week building the armor so am a little frustrated at the lack.

With the helmet coming with the release i image many people will be looking for the same. I am keen for anything to help get me going

More modelling! Shoulders done. Gonna go for the arms next.
Keep in mind I'm simplifying the design a lot since I'll be freehanding a lot of the detail. For instance, there's no point modelling the lines across the stomach since I'll be making it out of one solid piece and then scoring in the lines later. I also wont be modelling the hands since I'll be making those in Fusion360 and 3D printing them.
t-51b_pepakura2.png

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back