Knights of Ren Rogue "Grenade Face" in EVA foam

NickyD

Hey everybody, just wanted to share a quickie build I did recently. This is the ever-popular Knights of Ren "grenade face" helmet. I love the simple but striking design, and I think it complements the Kylo Ren helmet well. This one is constructed of EVA foam and finished to look like cast metal with some leather details.

the-force-awakens-knights-of-ren-rogue-helmet-eva-foam-1.jpg

To get the metal texture on the dome and faceplate, I stippled on Creature Cast neoprene rubber with a chip brush. Paints are Nova Color acrylic. I painted it to match one of the color schemes shown in The Force Awakens art book.

the-force-awakens-knights-of-ren-rogue-helmet-eva-foam-2.jpg the-force-awakens-knights-of-ren-rogue-helmet-eva-foam-3.jpg

Here you can see some of the foam fabrication in progress.
knights-of-ren-rogue-helmet-foam-fabrication-1.jpg

Attachments

• the-force-awakens-knights-of-ren-rogue-helmet-eva-foam-1.jpg
    the-force-awakens-knights-of-ren-rogue-helmet-eva-foam-1.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 865
Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

Scottx3 Most of it was just free-handed directly to foam. For the base shape I used Evil Ted's large helmet pattern which you can find on his website.

Seth Skywalker To get the metal texture I stipple Creature Cast neoprene onto the foam and then drybrushed a few layers of black, gray, and silver metallic.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back