Han Carbonite Sound

For anyone else...

using an Arduino with the DFPlayer might be a bit daunting at first... but its easy once you see a working 'model'...

I also suggest TO use it with an Arduino...

Now, I'm not clear what all electronics come with your kits.. or how the current leds are controlled...

but an Arduino can help control lights... and also audio play back.. based on certain events/interaction/timing..etc..

So not only could it be playing the 'loops''.. but some other discrete buttons could trigger other audio playback like clips from the movie/scene..etc. (or anything.. the March song..etc)

It can be used to check if outside lights are on or of.. and behave accordingly...

Add bluetooth.. or even wifi to trigger certain effects/playback..etc

Its whatever you can think up really!

Also.. an Arduio Pro-Mini can be purchased from eBay for like $2-3.00 USD.... same for the DFPlayer! making the total costs like $5.00 or so!

(well you still need a speaker, and some wires...and battery..etc)

From the player itself, I'll double check the soldier points and get a better headphone socket

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Are you using heaphones? Or the speaker output pins themselves?

(It has both)

If you want to use the on-board amp... then you use the speaker pins.

If you want to use headphones or an external amp... you use the DAC pins I believe..

Where does this headphone jack come into play here??

How is that wired up?

Using the onboard amp works. I changed the 3.5 plug I was using. Now to get a clearer sounding hum for Han. I think I'll use the above [emoji121]️clip and rip the sound from that. I'll try to slow it down a bit also
bb13e59e3e94548b35caab4bb3c96f2b.jpg

PM sent. So ended up using another board and moved project from concept board to prototype board. It looks good. And is small enough to fit anywhere. In the panels. I added a usb header to supply the power the same as the panels and will splice the panel switch on once I mount it. The speaker is a bluetooth powered speaker I'll put inside the back and this should produce the desired rumble I need.
aa7bb6b7fc3b5c8920ac885588d98899.jpg
86434ce193ecea772c0f4a5b09e93175.jpg

So this is it, I used the usb as power as the board uses max power 5V so easier to use a usb. If not you can just use the ground and the VCC for the power and it will work. I used the regular headphone output instead of the onboard DAC outputs but either is fine.
980669a46b7279af8bc4c349a7bd8a6a.jpg

Last edited:
Got the wav. Files now to see which works best. There is one with just the hover, I was thi king to put a faint heart beat in the background, instead of the swoosh swoosh[emoji848] just to further freak folks out.

I was working on one last file. I looped one for like two hours so that people would have to stand around for a long time to hear the transition... that is certainly one way to do it:)

Ok I just slowed down the tempo on the hover sound 2 alittle and made a 4hr loop[emoji39][emoji41] I'm lazy and at a con I just want this sucker to run[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I've never thought about adding sound to my HIC, but now you have me thinking... I pulled a couple of files from the 1st page links and threw them into GarageBand and mixed it with a fetal heartbeat. Do either of you have a link to the soundscape that you've created?

I can't wait, either, Berbs! I am rebuilding my bottom block right now. I made several mistakes the first time around that I am correcting right now. Should be a very unique piece once I'm done.

This is awesome, I'm actually working on a similar thing right now, but for the vintage 3" figures. It was my search for the block sound files that led me here.

My progress so far:

Edit: And here's the audio I've just created, sampled and cleaned from the Boussh scene.

https://picosong.com/w4N4n/

Will be interesting to see how far you take yours mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back