Halloween (2018) Michael Myers Costume Research Thread

A few screengrabs. Not much to work with, but the boots look like a fairly standard logging boot with the fringed lace cover, perhaps? I'm seeing something near the toe anyway. And I'm seeing charcoal for the coveralls (as some speculate the original ones were).

Attachments

• Screenshot (36).png
    Screenshot (36).png
    645 KB · Views: 2,685
  • Screenshot (37).png
    Screenshot (37).png
    567.1 KB · Views: 502
  • Screenshot (38).png
    Screenshot (38).png
    729 KB · Views: 719
I always liked green for the originals too. I know the lighting makes the H1 coveralls appear blue, so you think they went blue here? For the life of me I can't tell.

Better shot (courtesy ToTS website):

Attachments

• official-2.png
    official-2.png
    421.5 KB · Views: 2,837
God, why are they so expensive? You can get H1 Red Kapps for $30!

Also just noticed this on the hundreth trailer viewing.

Most likely the TOTS replicas.

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 7.22.32 PM.png

Last edited:
Consensus on the original coveralls are olivewood coveralls of an unknown brand (though Big Macs are a popular choice) bought at Sears Roebucks or a similar popular department store.

Coveralls are charcoal grey Workrites.

Boots are Arctiv8 Full-Grain insulated boots.

Mask by Justin Mabry and Chris Nelson. I wonder if NightOwl Productions (Mabry's company) will sneak out a higher quality TOTS version seeing as he's in possession of the original movie mold. I also wonder if Nik Dresios will be taking a crack at it. In any case, James Carter is guaranteed to be putting out some steller rehair and repaints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Consensus on the original coveralls are olivewood coveralls of an unknown brand (though Big Macs are a popular choice) bought at Sears Roebucks or a similar popular department store.

Coveralls are charcoal grey Workrites.

Boots are Arctiv8 Full-Grain insulated boots.

Mask by Justin Mabry and Chris Nelson. I wonder if NightOwl Productions (Mabry's company) will sneak out a higher quality TOTS version seeing as he's in possession of the original movie mold. I also wonder if Nik Dresios will be taking a crack at it. In any case, James Carter is guaranteed to be putting out some steller rehair and repaints.

Black for the boots I assume? Nice that these are actually cheap and it's not the typical "production used a $190 tee shirt found only in Katmandu" situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
34DD37EC-FDC0-4F52-8B1F-65BAA76A187F.jpegAA7AF6A1-691F-414E-A9AB-DAA9D2BDA771.jpeg

Some photos of Nick in the coveralls. Definitely believe they’re Charcoal.

I can’t wait to get this mask and give it a proper rehaul. The best looking mask since the original IMO.

The shots have me thinking blue. I agree though, this mask is a kind of best-of version. H1 vibes from the actual mask, on him, h2 vibes.

The shots have me thinking blue. I agree though, this mask is a kind of best-of version. H1 vibes from the actual mask, on him, h2 vibes.

At michael-myers.net someone posted pics of the charcoal vs the navy that showed how in some light the charcoal looks blue, but the navy just doesn't quite match any scene shown so far. Not definitive, but I'm convinced enough that I'll go with charcoal if I can find them for a good price.

I'm not all that crazy about the mask, there are some things I wish they kept or changed (the left-face droop, like the original mask degraded to have by the time of H2; the fine wrinkling, a detail I don't agree with because every halloween latex mask I've ever owned never aged like that, they always got crusty and flaked off in chunks) but in terms of the history of the masks worn in the Halloween movies, it certainly is the best one since H2, I think. That droop with the "Castle stretch" makes for something very spooky. I have a pull of a "reported" stunt mask of H2, done up like H1, and displayed it with the stretch and there's something I love about the combo; it's almost like a face in death mixed with blank madness.

Shirt looks like heather gray to me.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back