Halloween (2018) Michael Myers Costume Research Thread

New shot of the screen-used hero from TOTS:
MDC4uhV.png

The coveralls for this one are a strange beast. They absolutely say Charcoal Grey on the tag, but in person they look a bit more like navy blue. I have no idea how to go about weathering them, but I think that will be the trick.

Here's a few shots of SD Costume Guy with the production made suit at Comic Con.

Comic Con Myers 1.jpgComic Con Myers 3.jpgComic Con Myers 2.jpgComic Con Myers 5.jpg

Bad news for anyone who waited until August to order the official mask:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. ALL NEW ORDERS PLACED AFTER AUGUST 8TH WILL BE SHIPPING IN NOVEMBER. ONCE A PRE-ORDER IS PLACED NO CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS WILL BE ACCEPTED."

Frankly, this is poor planning on the part of TOTS. They had to realize this would be a popular seller, even if the movie isn't up to expectations. I can foresee several people just not ordering one until the movie comes out.... if at all.

Seeing the trailer all over my facebook feed scares the hell out of me. I hate Michael Myers, he is my childhood nightmare next to Freddy Krueger.

Bad news for anyone who waited until August to order the official mask:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. ALL NEW ORDERS PLACED AFTER AUGUST 8TH WILL BE SHIPPING IN NOVEMBER. ONCE A PRE-ORDER IS PLACED NO CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS WILL BE ACCEPTED."

Frankly, this is poor planning on the part of TOTS. They had to realize this would be a popular seller, even if the movie isn't up to expectations. I can foresee several people just not ordering one until the movie comes out.... if at all.

Well, they HAVE been warning everyone to order asap, and even gave that date ahead of time. But fear not, they are popping up in Party City and through third party sellers.

I ordered one in June so should be OK. I have no plans to dress like Michael this year -- but might wear it to opening night if I go -- and if the theater allows such a thing.

alexaOne: Meyers has literally given me nightmares over the years! I'm old enough to have seen the original in 1978 and it's stuck with me ever since.

I grabbed one off Amazon yesterday morning, should arrive today. I checked a few hours later and they were all gone on Amazon...unless you get lucky with a local party City or costume store I think people are out of luck on this mask until after the movie release and Halloween.

I ordered one in June so should be OK. I have no plans to dress like Michael this year -- but might wear it to opening night if I go -- and if the theater allows such a thing.

alexaOne: Meyers has literally given me nightmares over the years! I'm old enough to have seen the original in 1978 and it's stuck with me ever since.

Nice. From what I've read, the reason for their low stock and dodgy shipping timeframe on this is due to the short span of time they had from the licensor. I definitely agree that they need to expand their fulfillment operation if they are having trouble with the volume of orders they receive two months out from the Halloween season. Maybe a bigger warehouse and more seasonal hires.

I’m just going to buy blue. I don’t need the hassle. If they were cheap like redcap, maybe I’d dye them, but not for $100.

I'm a big fan of getting costumes based on how they "look." In the original Halloween, we later found out that Michael's coveralls were spruce green when it was being filmed. Well, onscreen they sure look navy blue to me so that's what I went with when I suited up years ago.

My mask should be in this Tuesday. Ordered April 24th, directly from ToTs.

I’ll be repainting it of course, but I’ll snap some good “before” photos and post them up to show how it comes from ToTs.
You can also go to the Michael Myers.net Facebook page and see about a million of them. Quality of photos is really hit or miss though.

Just ordered the correct coveralls, boots, and knife. Having trouble with t shirt. Everyone seems to be out of stock. Preordered the mask August 6. Going to be an awesome screen accurate costume.

Got the correct T shirt at a local Belks.

Last edited:
I was able to find the workrite coveralls on eBay for $40 and I just go them the other day. Really happy with them. They look just like the ones he’s wearing. I’m my opinion the coveralls he wears in the upcoming film are blue. Maybe after weathering them a little you get something close to charcoal. They come with some patches but I’m sure they can be removed easily.

Here’s the link:
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Workrite-Hea...273422?hash=item2cd7559dce:g:ODcAAOSwLEtYg~ch

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back