RIP Anthony Bourdain

this is one of my heroes. I wanted to travel and see the world like he did. I really enjoyed reading his books and watching his shows. It was hard to believe when I saw this.

He lived quite an adventure of a life that others could only dream of. Very sad, I've always loved his work.

"I should’ve died in my 20s. I became successful in my 40s. I became a dad in my 50s. I feel like I’ve stolen a car — a really nice car — and I keep looking in the rearview mirror for flashing lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad news, I feel lucky to have been able to see him live when he came to Philly with his show back in 2016. Time to have many negroni's this weekend in his memory.

Attachments

• Bourdain.JPG
    Bourdain.JPG
    433.1 KB · Views: 72
I enjoyed his shows and two of his books. Even though I was a little disappointed with his comment regarding poisoning Trump's food, it's still a shame to see him go.

Let me get this straight.
Famous chef.
Celebrity.
Globe trotter.
Rich.
Famous.
His life is SO bad that he kills himself leaving his friends, family and fans to pick up the pieces?

Out of respect for the dead, I'll just stop right there.

He struggled with Depression all his life so only HE knew what demons he was battling.

I only hope that if you, or someone close to you, ever falls into it that they will seek help.

I am still numb over this and all I can think of is his daughter, absolutely horrible what she will now go through

Famous chef.
Celebrity.
Globe trotter.
Rich.
Famous.
His life is SO bad that he kills himself leaving his friends, family and fans to pick up the pieces?

Last edited:
A great shock to call in and read this news, loved watching his journeys and the people who joined him on them. Rest In Peace.

Some people obviously battle demons that go far beyond what others disregard with shallow checklists of what makes life important.

Famous chef.
Celebrity.
Globe trotter.
Rich.
Famous.

Depression ignores ALL of these things.

I must admit, that this is really difficult for me to digest. I really looked up to Bourdain as my "Spirit Animal" His personal strength to overcome alcohol, heroin, smoking, and most other bad habits to produce a steady stream of thought provoking material in print and film. I mean, this guy was a huge inspiration that through hard work and determination, you can accomplish anything, and have a damn good time doing it.

Thank you Tony for the true inspiration. My life is a little emptier now.

Yeah, pretty crappy news. He seemed like a guy who had a genuine knack and love for being able to connect with all kinds of people. Brash, joyful, and despite his success, maintained a streak of humility to boot. RIP, Anthony Bourdain.

At this point, have not heard the "why." Whether it was a relapse on drugs, depression, a diagnosis of a terminal illness, or even an accident. I'm very sad regardless. Loved his shows.

I’m not super familiar with his works, but he was the voice of the Bad Blood UFC specials.
I’ve probably seen the Jones v Cormier special 6 or 7 times.. the others a few times through as well.. his narration was such a huge part of those. It will be a little off without him.

RIP.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back