Becoming Kylo Ren - The Force Awakens

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’ve decided that my next costume will be TFA Kylo Ren. I’ve done some research and decided on the following vendors for the various pieces.

There are a few components I’m still looking for researching, and I certainly welcome any advice or suggestions from the group here, so please feel free to chime in!

The goal is to have everything in place for Halloween this fall.

• Helmet - Anovos: preordered for September delivery; delayed until Winter; Anovos preorder cancelled; purchased from reseller - RECEIVED!
  • Robe and tunic - Hampton Jedi Outfitters: measurements submitted - RECEIVED
  • Neck seal - PHProps: ordered! - RECEIVED
  • Gloves - Endor Finders; purchased from YL on FB - RECEIVED
  • Boots - Crow Props - RECEIVED
  • Pants - Aeropostale - RECEIVED
  • Voice changer - MiCom: ordered! - RECEIVED
  • Lightsaber - Disney Parks - ORDERED
I'll keep updating this thread as I go along.

Sean

Last edited:
Well a few updates...

Anovos has delayed delivery of their next wave of Kylo helmets until Winter, so there goes Halloween this year...

I also picked up a pair of Aeropostale jeans for the pants.

More to come!

Sean

yeah, Anovos waits til the very last minute to say you will have nothing for Halloween so you have to go buy a baseball cap with green hair glued out the back and walk around with your tool in your hand. Thanks to Anovos.

Well a few updates...

Anovos has delayed delivery of their next wave of Kylo helmets until Winter, so there goes Halloween this year...

I also picked up a pair of Aeropostale jeans for the pants.

More to come!

Sean

Some good progress being made this month!

My measurements have been submitted for the robes and tunic...

I also came up in the queue for my neck seal with PHProps, so that has been ordered...

And lastly, I picked up a MiCom, which is on its way!

Need to give my wallet a rest after all that so plan on picking up gloves next month and boots soon after.

Sean

With some of the recent delays Anovos has been experiencing, I decided to cancel my pre-order and pick up the helmet from a reseller. Should be here in a few weeks!

Sean

I could have done you one of these that i make myself. :) IMG_1454.jpgIMG_1458.jpgIMG_1463.jpgIMG_1467.jpgIMG_1469.jpg

Rich

Are those guys actually ever delivering something? I've never seen anything positive about Anvos delivery time (or... anything positive about Anvos).
Btw. check out Proplicator. He does amazing work with the weathering and add-ons, like the unstable blades for KR lightsaber. But I don't think you'll have it before the Halloween :D

I could have done you one of these that i make myself. :)

Rich

Thanks, Rich! Appreciate the offer. I'll keep it in mind if anything changes.

Btw. check out Proplicator. He does amazing work with the weathering and add-ons, like the unstable blades for KR lightsaber. But I don't think you'll have it before the Halloween :D

Thanks! I'll check him out. Halloween doesn't seem to be achievable at this point so I'm hoping to make it by the end of the year.

Sean

Thanks, Rich! Appreciate the offer. I'll keep it in mind if anything changes.

Thanks! I'll check him out. Halloween doesn't seem to be achievable at this point so I'm hoping to make it by the end of the year.

Sean

i'm pretty well known on some of the Facebook groups for my helmets and props. If you'd like more info and pics, PM me here and we can take it from there. :)

Rich

Good news - all my stuff has arrived!

Bad news - I’ve been so busy starting a new job and getting ready for the holidays that I haven’t had a chance to look at it!

Hoping to get some time in the next couple weeks to try stuff on and get ready for submittal pics. More to come...

Sean

Successful test fitting! Overall, I'm very happy with how everything fits right out of the box.

Have a few adjustments to make though...

Sean
B44F8757-52C2-4174-B700-8ACFF25FCAD1.jpeg
3074A230-3A27-474C-BF1B-B996FEAD9B2C.jpeg
7011AA07-3D36-434F-AA31-0D52944323FF.jpeg
656B171C-5816-49EC-AD2A-07661A5A1655.jpeg

B44F8757-52C2-4174-B700-8ACFF25FCAD1.jpeg 3074A230-3A27-474C-BF1B-B996FEAD9B2C.jpeg 7011AA07-3D36-434F-AA31-0D52944323FF.jpeg 656B171C-5816-49EC-AD2A-07661A5A1655.jpeg

Yes!! You look awesome. Just hem the robe so that it *just* touches the ground and it'll be perfect

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back