Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

She`s obviously hard at work, heres an artists impression of her making the travel arrangements for next years Star Wars celebration.

on the job.jpg

So you have no actual proof that she hasnt been fired then?. I have no actual proof that she has been either so I guess both sides of the argument hold equal weight. I mean this is a person who made regular public comments about everything Star Wars but has not been seen or heard since the Solo opening night

Schrodinger's cat anyone? Although all theories are considered correct until we have proof either way i'd like to think the latter is the more pleasing answer. Goodbye Kathleen, Can't say its been a pleasure.

Schrodinger's cat anyone? Although all theories are considered correct until we have proof either way i'd like to think the latter is the more pleasing answer. Goodbye Kathleen, Can't say its been a pleasure.

In this case the smell in the air negates the need to look in the box. The cat didnt make it.

Why do I feel like a conversation like this has taken place?...........

*RING RING*

Hello

Hi George

Hi, Kathy, whats going on?

So, I'm beginning to see why you sold Star Wars.

Are the fans getting to you?

Well, they can be mean that's for sure. How'd you deal with it?

Well, after I made Phantom Menace, I realized there was no way to make them happy. So I just tried to ignore them and did what I wanted. What are they complaining about these days?

Well to name the top favorites. They say that Rey is a 'Mary Sue'.

Oh, they do huh? And here I thought people would like a female protagonist. You know originally I was going to use a female hero in the first film, but I decided to change the gender. So why do they say she's a 'Mary Sue'?

Yeah, I remember you telling me that. It's got something about her being really powerful without training.

You should have used the Whills ideas I gave.

But after the poor reception of the midi-chlorians we didn't want to go there, in hindsight I guess we should have.

What else are they complaining about?

They say we character assassinated Luke.
They do!? Did you tell them it was my idea to have him self-exiled?

Do you think that would that help?

No not really, probably make them hate it even more.

Do think it will get better?

Have they made a documentary on how you ruined their childhood?

No, not yet. I hear someone is working one though.

Yeah, it's going to to get worse, sorry Kathy, I warned you! Don't worry they'll appreciate what you did once your gone after they've had 10 to 15 years with someone else.

Thanks a lot, George, well I've some stuff to do, talk to you later.

Okay, Kathy talk to you later.

*CLICK*

You should stick to your Force, Whills and Ruin Johnson fan fest theories, preferably in another thread or maybe You Tube comment sections.

Ruin is way the least offensive name I`ve heard him called but thanks for popping in anyway.:sleep

That justifies it then. Ok.

But you cant in turn whine and moan about people loosely associated with the star wars brand calling people names or saying they are part of a toxic fanbase if your going to stoop to that level. No matter how "offensive" it is.

You seem to be the only one whining and moaning. "loosely affiliated":lol

Last edited:

You should stick to your Force, Whills and Ruin Johnson fan fest theories, preferably in another thread or maybe You Tube comment sections.
This is literally you whining about someone posting in your precious thread.

Not my thread buddy, someone else started it. Just pointing out to someone who has been called out for trolling by several people that the new approach didnt hit the mark.

Ruin is way the least offensive name I`ve heard him called but thanks for popping in anyway.:sleep

Why call him Ruin? Oh is it because you feel he ruined your "Star Wars? The key word here is your. Every fan feels like their franchise should belong to them. But it doesn't. TLJ caused some controversy, but there are fans who liked it! So it's totally okay to want Kathleen removed because you don't like the way Star Wars is going? Did you ever think that it might hurt the feelings of the fans who liked TLJ? Some of us are fine with the way things are going. This whole thread has been about a bunch of adults acting like kids, pouting because they didn't get their way. But no we can't have hurt feelings, so let's toss all the new stuff away, who cares about the fans who like it.

Let me put it this way. I hate the new Star Trek. Do I go on and on about how I want the people making to go away? No, or at least I try not to. I'll say my bit why don't like it, and leave it at that. Cause I realize that there are fans who love the new Star Trek, and would be equally hurt if something happened to it.

Unfortunately I wasnt lucky enough to give him that name first, seems he`s not very popular with a lot of people. Who knew? I wouldnt know about your feelings toward Star Trek as I`ve never seen you post in any other thread but this one, but you seem to have even wedged thoughts about that in here as well.

So it's totally okay to want Kathleen removed because you don't like the way Star Wars is going?
I don’t want Kennedy removed myself (I’m pretty indifferent about her in general, to be honest), but I think it’s totally ok for people to want her gone if they don’t like the recent films. I personally feel that even a change as drastic as that would be unlikely to make the unhappy people happier, but I don’t have any problem with calling for her, or Rian, or JJ to be fired. We’re all passionate about this stuff. If some feel that heads need to roll in order to get a better product, that’s their right.

As for “Ruin,” I think it’s pretty clever as far as nicknames go, actually. It’s straight to the point in identifying the person and the speaker’s thoughts on him all at once. As stated, it could be a lot worse :)

I don’t want Kennedy removed myself (I’m pretty indifferent about her in general, to be honest), but I think it’s totally ok for people to want her gone if they don’t like the recent films. I personally feel that even a change as drastic as that would be unlikely to make the unhappy people happier, but I don’t have any problem with calling for her, or Rian, or JJ to be fired. We’re all passionate about this stuff. If some feel that heads need to roll in order to get a better product, that’s their right.

As for “Ruin,” I think it’s pretty clever as far as nicknames go, actually. It’s straight to the point in identifying the person and the speaker’s thoughts on him all at once. As stated, it could be a lot worse :)

Just look at how TLJ set with fans. Half hate it. Half like it. So if Lucasfilm were to go the other way to appease the half that hated it. Wouldn't that alienate the half that liked it? That's why you can't bow to the wishes of the fans. As all the fans have different likes and dislikes. And you end up with the filmmakers playing a game of favorites. That's why there are some who would rather a filmmaker make the film him or her would like. Rather than trying to please one section of the fandom over another.

I personally feel that even a change as drastic as that would be unlikely to make the unhappy people happier,

Cant speak for anyone else but it sure would make me happier about the direction of future Star Wars projects.

Well, yes it might alienate the half that liked TLJ. But isn’t the alternative to alienate the half that didn’t like it? (Or since there’s already been some alienating, alienate them further?)

All I’m saying is that it’s logical for people who don’t like a film to want changes to happen as far as any future films. If these people weren’t calling for changes to be made, then they’d just be complaining without offering any sort of solution, right? That’s all I’m saying. I don’t agree with it, but at some level it’s constructive as criticism goes.

edit: I’m running with the idea presented about a 50/50 split in like/dislike. I’m not sure what the actual numbers might be. Some seem to think more one way, some the other.

How do you come to the assumption that half hate it and half like it?, Just curious. Should`nt the aim of any Star Wars movie be to have everyone like it? or at least as many people as possible like it. Its Star Wars.

The first couple of weeks it was out it was like 49/51 on Rotten Tomatoes. Though I'll be honest with you, its hard to know for sure. I know from buying things online, most times the people that hate a product end up writing reviews. I for one am like that if I like something I tend not to write anything about it. But if I dislike something I'm quick to write about it. So the numbers are probably skewed. But hey that's the internet for you!:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back