Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Yes it will be but it's up to individuals how they look at it, as a corpse or a doppelganger.
Disney OWNS SW now, they're going to do whatever they want. We have no power over the decisions being made. I really do feel for you, and anyone else dealing with the loss of something they love. The secret is it isn't gone, the OOT is widely available.
Not everyone is ready to let go yet but trust me, Disney doesn't give a dam, they have enough money to make whatever they want until we're all long gone.

I think you have misunderstood me, Im not suffering any great loss as I`m actually looking forward to the GoT guys creations I am as mad as hell though.. My point was that if I see Star Wars as dead like you do than anything that comes in the future would be just seen as corpse waving. The sooner Disney stops milking the OT dry, the better. The doppelganger analogy is a pretty good one.

I enjoyed the movie! Loved seeing the MF in its early cleaner years. Still like the "used" look better! ;)

Anywho, I think I'm safe in saying that there are a LOT of SW fans out there. Any opportunity for us fans (of all ages) to get a movie about our favorite smuggler would have, at any other time, been Christmas, Halloween and a Birthday all rolled into one! But not this time. Not now. Something happened... Was it just a majority of SW fans who said "... eh... I dont need ANOTHER SW movie..." (Think about that. Would a SW fan really say they were tired of seeing a SW movie?) or was it "... NOPE... not after you offended me with TLJ and then further insulted me because I didn't like it..."

Not getting into an argument... just trying to figure out why the vast majority stayed away from SOLO.

Well, I haven't gone yet mostly because I haven't had a chance to. My wife and I were gonna go see Avengers Infinity War last weekend, but our babysitter got sick. We'll go see that first, since it'll be out of theaters sooner. After that, I'll likely see Solo. I'm not boycotting it, I just don't go to the movies that often anymore, and to do so, I have to juggle babysitter stuff.

I saw the first 7 SW movies in the theater. I was really excited for TFA, especially since it was my kids first SW theater experience. I didn't hate it, but didn't love it either. Saw Rouge 1 and liked it but not enough that it was worth $65 for the theater experience. I didn't see TLJ until it was on disc. It took about a month for me to accept the death of SW in my mind. I let go of the grief and anger at the loss, much like when a loved one passes.
My Dad died when I was a kid, a great guy and wonderful father that FORCED me at a young age to see what I thought was a stupid Bible movie only to see Han Solo treasure hunting in the jungle! He let me whine about Noah's ark the whole way there smiling!
I was angry when he died, the rage and grief of a 10 year old knows no bounds. Eventually I had to accept he was gone and appreciate what I had while he was here. I still put in videos of his stage performances and home movies and enjoy the heck out of them. I couldn't do that without pain until I accepted reality and let go of the grief.

SW is dead to me, doesn't change how much I love it but it's gone now. I don't have a problem with people making more movies,TV shows, cartoons...but PLEASE no more holiday specials!! I look at all this as fan film projects. Some might be good, some might be bad.
I doubt I'll ever pay for a movie ticket to SW again, not because of some principled boycott, just not really interested anymore.
I get people are angry, I was too at first.
Try the Jedi way...let go of your hate. Not the Sith way.... yes USE your anger!

I went through my own "Star Wars divorce" in the years around the Prequels. It felt to me then like Star Wars was dead. Lucas was off playing in a new world (the prequel era) that I just couldn't get into at the time. He kept screwing with the OT and refusing to release the original versions in any decent home media. I was pissed, then I was sad, and then I just...moved on. I still loved Star Wars, but not with the same passion I once did. And as a result, when these new films were announced, I was cautious about them. Maybe they'd be good, maybe they wouldn't, but I'd be fine either way.

As it turns out, I've generally enjoyed the new films. I like what they're doing overall. They haven't been perfect by any stretch, but I enjoy them on the whole (Still haven't seen Solo, obviously.) But I'm also at a point where if it all goes to hell....eh, I'm fine. I have some fun Star Wars stuff in my life, and the rest I just disregard. Besides, I already went through all of the emotional stuff about feeling like Star Wars just wasn't for me anymore, so anything I enjoy is just gravy now.

:lol Dano, you have a real knack for whistling past the graveyard.

I share @SofaKing01's grave concern. Especially because Episode IX has to build on the hot mess of a story in VIII, and tie up both VII and VIII as the final chapter in the trilogy.

And one more thing, on SOLO. Stop saying this was a film no one wanted. I wanted it (before they passed on AI). My Star Wars friends wanted it. And most of my Star Wars acquaintances wanted it. I bet if a poll had been done back in '12 when Disney bought LFL, asking: in addition to new trilogies, which standalone origins films would you most like to see?...that a Han and Chewie backstory would've ranked high on that list.

The Wook

Well, that's just, like, you're opinion, man.

No different from mine, really. It's all speculation. The folks I know were pretty lukewarm on the idea of a Solo film. Nobody I know had a burning curiosity for Han's early years. "But was that always his name? How did he meet Chewie? How did he end up flying the Falcon?" The hardcore Star Wars fans knew some of the lore about this, but nobody was wondering all that much that I knew.

To be clear, I'm not saying people wanted them to NOT make a Solo movie. It was more along the lines of "Ehh....I guess. I mean, I'd rather watch something else, but whatever. I'll check it out, I suppose."

I've posted in the Ep. IX thread about my own speculation on what they might do and what I hope they do. We'll see what happens. My big concern is JJ screwing it up with yet more lazy mystery box bull****. That and I think JJ's narratives tend to be kinda slapdash and overstuffed with action sequences.

Maybe that`s a discussion best had in the Solo threads and Ron Howard himself pretty much spelled out the reason for it himself.

Hey Mr W,
Wouldn't this be the thread to discuss why people are staying away from SOLO and the backlash from TLJ - is there a KK connection? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... I'm not answering that one.

Best to say that's like picking your favorite child. ;)

Not me... I wasn't using sarcasm. I was being perfectly genuine. I guess you had something else in mind, then?

Well, why on earth would you think I wouldnt know that Kennedy answers to Iger, I mean why? and as the original question came about from a response to a quote almost immediately after it was posted, I obviously thought you were not being serious.

And look who turns up like a bad penny once again forgetting or ignoring something he said just a day ago after thinking I`d called it a night. You truely are a childish petty man obviously unable to keep true to your word. Something told me to have a last look and boom, there it is.

Last edited:

Well if my response to your question wasnt reasonable enough then I`ll save myself any further bother and just ignore you in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Mr W,
Wouldn't this be the thread to discuss why people are staying away from SOLO and the backlash from TLJ - is there a KK connection? :)

I guess so, this thread has strayed so far from the original question posed that it really doesnt matter any more.

Well, that's just, like, you're opinion, man.

giphy.gif
Thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-gif-8-1-.gif

Needed more gif

...My Dad died when I was a kid, a great guy and wonderful father that FORCED me at a young age to see what I thought was a stupid Bible movie only to see Han Solo treasure hunting in the jungle! He let me whine about Noah's ark the whole way there smiling!...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought Raiders was about Noah's Ark before seeing it :lol

They can make better films, they could make GREAT films, but they’ll never be able to recapture the magic moment in time the OT did. I don’t think that’s even possible. I love a lot of movies— to the point that I make them. But the magic if the late 70s up to the mid 80s... I just don’t know if that is ever possible to do again.

I feel like a lot of the hurt butts don’t realize that is what they want. It’s just not going to happen, especially if youmsaw the OT as a kid and are now an adult.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back