Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

What would be the fun in that?
Ray could instantly pilot the Falcon like a pro.
Ray could instantly fix the Falcon.
Ray could within seconds pul off a Jedi mind trick.
Ray could weild a lightsaber and best a sith lord.
Ray could again beat down trained guards.
And best a sith lord.
Ray could instantly levitate and move 100's of rocks/boulders.

All with zippo, zero training in the force. All within hours and days!!! Lol Bad writing, no thought for the character, all with Ruin J and KK behind the mess.

If you are going to keep this nonsense at least learn to write her name....Rey.

DARKSIDE72 actually pointed out some good examples of Rey's uber Jedi (sans training) abilities, regardless of the misspelling of Rey's name. Part of the fun of the Hero's journey is seeing a regular person rise to the occasion and become the hero after facing obstacles and undergoing training/experience, like Neo. In the case of Rey, she's good at EVERYTHING without training and in super fast record time. That makes for boring character progression. Kinda like playing a first person shooter with God Mode; sure its fun that you're invincible and have all the weapons at your disposal, but after a while, you'll get bored out of your mind.

JJ was clearly setting her character up in TFA for some big reveal regarding her true lineage, but then Ruin Johnson wanted to subvert everyone's (including JJ's) expectations...

I just keep checking this thread for the link to the story that she actually stepped down somewhere....

Still not here, hahah!

Maybe it should be retitled "Hate something about Star Wars? Spit it out here!";)

DARKSIDE72 actually pointed out some good examples of Rey's uber Jedi (sans training) abilities, regardless of the misspelling of Rey's name. Part of the fun of the Hero's journey is seeing a regular person rise to the occasion and become the hero after facing obstacles and undergoing training/experience, like Neo. In the case of Rey, she's good at EVERYTHING without training and in super fast record time. That makes for boring character progression. Kinda like playing a first person shooter with God Mode; sure its fun that you're invincible and have all the weapons at your disposal, but after a while, you'll get bored out of your mind.

JJ was clearly setting her character up in TFA for some big reveal regarding her true lineage, but then Ruin Johnson wanted to subvert everyone's (including JJ's) expectations...

Well that leaves Anakin out. :D

But seriously, as I've said before, way to much has been made of 'you need training to do *blank*'. When that's never seen in the films.

To me the interest in Rey, is seeing someone who like it or not has been chosen to keep the Force in balance. How is she going to deal with that? And on top of that, she's an orphan. She's looking for guidance, answers, parent like figure at every turn. But the clincher is, she's it! She's the person she's looking for! She's looking for the Hero to save everyone, and she's it! I think at the end of TLJ she just started to figure that out. So I'm curious how that will play out in Ep9. Maybe she'll becomes bitter, wishing she hadn't been the one chosen. She's alot like Anakin, having to deal with the pressure of being the person that the fate of the galaxy rests upon.

And look at speeds he's traveling at. He isn't using his targeting computer or seem to be using any targeting system at all, aside from just looking out of his cockpit. And his ship isn't flying properly either, being all shot up.

I"m not (and i dont' think anyone else is either) saying it was easy, but flying 500mph at a brick wall, while in a corridor and you shoot at the brick wall. If you made it that far without crashing into the walls, your shot will hit the wall. It was not a huge wall either, so it helps the chances of hitting the target. Seemed to me as if he used the force to calm himself to take the shot and to do it by feel.

I think it's funny that the aspect of the torpedo hitting the hole and then immediately making a 90 degree turn down the tube to the reactor core before blowing is the aspect that never seems to be referred to. That torpedo should have detonated on the back of the port, not gone down like the 8 ball.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...s-lucasfilm-deal-extended-three-years-1147653

'Star Wars' Chief Kathleen Kennedy's Lucasfilm Deal Extended for Three Years (Exclusive)
Kathleen Kennedy has reignited her lightsaber. The lead producer and architect of the Star Wars franchise has renewed her contract to remain president of Lucasfilm for another three years, through 2021, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The move is a vote of confidence in Kennedy, who took command of Lucasfilm after Disney’s $4 billion acquisition from George Lucas in 2012 and has overseen the relaunch of Star Wars, one of the most revered movie properties in cinematic history. Disney's four new Star Wars films have grossed almost $4.5 billion at the worldwide box office. Ancillary and merchandising have brought billions more into the studio's coffers.

We have been over the Mary Sue argument SOOO many times.. and each time it has been pointed out that this presumption that Rey gained all of her powers instantly and that she is universally good at everything is merely that--someone's presumption. It has been pointed out many times that there is material which addresses it--albeit mostly ancilliary-- and that those who continue to prop up the Mary Sue argument have simply chosen to ignore that evidence, and instead hold fast to their personal head canon.

That is why I'd so exasperatedly remarked "Not again..." because I've learned that debating this with certain individuals (like darkside) is pointless.

RG0BS1U.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back