Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Good to see kids still wanting to be and play out characters from decades ago, wonder if that will be the case with these poorly crafted ones from this ST. Seems Ken Ren really left an impression on Mom.

Seems Ken Ren really left an impression on Mom.

I think she was just placating him, they aren't the most clued in of people, I'd be surprised if she even actually knew who Kylo was. Her husband certainly didn't recognise my Han in Carbonite when I was working on it out front.

I think she was just placating him, they aren't the most clued in of people, I'd be surprised if she even actually knew who Kylo was. Her husband certainly didn't recognise my Han in Carbonite when I was working on it out front.

Maybe they can catch up when the Disney streaming service starts, Oh wait, Disney sold off all the Star Wars movies for streaming until 2024.:lol

Yep. I dont know which kid was being who but when walked past the front a little while later I could see one of them getting beaten half to death with a blue extendable lightsaber in the bay window.
Luckily I didnt have to hear the screaming from that one, them kids do nothing but scream at the best of times.

That's too awesome - even kids know kylo is a lame character :)

That's too awesome - even kids know kylo is a lame character :)

I'd like to think that, but hearing how these kids go on, over the fence and through the walls, one of them calling shotgun on any particular character would be enough to cause all manner of grief. It just made me laugh when heard it.

Maybe they can catch up when the Disney streaming service starts, Oh wait, Disney sold off all the Star Wars movies for streaming until 2024.:lol

Is it all of them? Some sources say it's just the OT, others I-VI, and others say all of the films including the spin offs.

The only film they are allowed to use is Ep Nein./ Plan Nine. Incredible leadership and planning at Disney/LFL.

Um...they have been trying but are getting about as far as the lay out plan for the ST. Wonder why a final season of The Clone Wars was announced out of the blue recently?

The hilarious thing is that they sold the broadcasting rights only in 2016. I think the shareholders would probably just want them to wait until 2024 when they get them back for nothing, especially as they just lost up to $100 million dollars on their last movie.

I dont think they'll immediately get turned to sell em back, but it probably wont take 5 years to get them.

I could see around the time that swland opens at wdw or shortly after maybe 2020

Sure they will..

Here`s a picture of TT at the sale meeting...

sale meeting.jpg

Here`s a picture of TT at the buy back meeting...

buy back meeting.jpg

Cant wait for the Disney streaming service Star Wars marathon, Ep Nein playing around the clock.

Incidentally way off topic but hey, I guess the PT butt hurt is still strong as well. Imagine comparing Thanos Johnson to George Lucas.:lol

I wonder if the President of LucasFilm was consulted on the broadcasting rights sale of their entire movie catalogue?

Last edited:

I dont think they'll immediately get turned to sell em back, but it probably wont take 5 years to get them.

I could see around the time that swland opens at wdw or shortly after maybe 2020

Turner is holding out for the best deal they can get.
"Sources tell Bloomberg that Turner does not want to give back the rights without significant compensation. Turner reportedly seeks money as well as programming to replace the films."

So yea, once they cough up more money, they'll have it back.

Its called a smart business man pulling down the pants of a not so smart one. I bet the farm if it does happen it wont be announced until way after the shareholders meeting on the 29th of September.

Sorry, but any and all blame goes to Disney on the streaming bit. Seriously, they hadn't started planning their streaming service in '16? That's the only plausible explanation as to why you'd sell them for 8 years at that point.

They wanted a cash grab, got it, and if they have regrets now, it's their own fault. I have no sympathy in that regard whatsoever.

I also laugh a bit when people crucify LFL or KK for losing money on Solo. Like the billion dollar profits on a couple others don't count, or about 500M on R1. They're way ahead. Two in a row, then yeah, you worry and/or look to make a move. There's basically one group i can think of with a better track record than 3 successes out of 4. That's Marvel. Everyone else would kill for the track record (financially) that the 4 SW flicks have gotten.

KK is an executive producer. Her job is not to make great SW movies. It never has been.

KK's job is to choose other people to make great SW movies.

Four movies done. Two of them needed to change directors midway through the process. (And a third one that they didn't re-shoot but half the fan base wishes they would.) They did at least 5 movies' worth of shooting for Disney and only delivered 4 movies.

Even if she was 4-for-4 on good results this would be a troubling track record. If KK gets fired then this will be the biggest reason. Management of the movies as huge corporate products.

Last edited:

KK is an executive producer. Her job is not to make great SW movies. It never has been.

KK's job is to choose other people to make great SW movies.

Four movies done. Two of them needed to change directors midway through the process. (And a third one that they didn't re-shoot but half the fan base wishes they would.) They did at least 5 movies' worth of shooting for Disney and only delivered 4 movies.

Even if she was 4-for-4 on good results this would be a troubling track record. If KK gets fired then this will be the biggest reason. Management of the movies as huge corporate products.

It will be interesting to see what goes on in the next year or so.

Because from I've heard, this is how some of the stuff had played out.

On Rogue One, Edwards wanted to kill everyone off, Disney said no to dark. So he makes the first version, then Disney is all like, we changed our minds, kill em all off. So they had to re-shoot the last third of the film. At least one more time.

With Solo, the production was rolling along smoothly when Lawrence Kasdan approaches Kathleen telling her, he didn't like how the two film makers were doing things. So they get the boot over "creative differences".

She is also first and foremost the President of LucasFilm which pretty much does mean it is her job to make great Star Wars movies. Yes, part of her job is to choose the right people but to take from another Lucsafilm product, she has not chosen wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back