Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

What makes this story really sad is. The interview that was for the Star Wars show. She was giddy with the excitement of being in a Star Wars movie. And after the film, soulless monsters and cowards emboldened by the anonymity that their computer or phone screens provide, tore into her like a pack of rabid dogs. Let us strive to never say anything that we would not say face to face.

What makes this story really sad is. The interview that was for the Star Wars show. She was giddy with the excitement of being in a Star Wars movie. And after the film, soulless monsters and cowards emboldened by the anonymity that their computer or phone screens provide, tore into her like a pack of rabid dogs. Let us strive to never say anything that we would not say face to face.

Nevermind...pointless.

Interesting to note that The Meg made more money in its opening weekend in China than TLJ and Solo combined made during their entire run there. Wow. Granted, those runs were only a week in duration.

I wonder if Bob Iger will address the issue of Disney`s number one IP being officially dead in lets face it is the worlds biggest market after a solid debut with TFA and R1 at the next shareholders meeting.

Let us strive to never say anything that we would not say face to face.

That is what I strive for. It is what plenty of people I know strive for. However, the generations coming up now? Sadly I can't say the same for. The problem is a lot bigger than Star Wars. I know teens who have no interest in making friends or meeting people face to face. I know two 17 year olds who have no interest in getting their driver licenses. Sure, folks will jump immediately to "Well, that's a parenting failure". That may be partly to blame, but not entirely. Call me chronocentric, but I see generations coming up with a problematic lack of empathy. They don't worry about saying things to people face to face. They don't have to, when everything they feel needs to be said, can be said via social media.

Sorry to go off topic, but I think this is a huge problem.

Lets not forget that the internet allows all sorts of self righteous and false behaviour to be displayed as well. Its so easy for somebody to display outrage at others for their behaviour when we will never know what kind of person THEY actually are. The flexibility of peoples opinions and outrage when it comes to things that work for them was seen very clearly in regards to a former Disney employee recently.

Interesting to note that The Meg made more money in its opening weekend in China than TLJ and Solo combined made during their entire run there. Wow. Granted, those runs were only a week in duration.

That may partially have something to do with the setting of the movie being in Asia with focus on China and some Thailand. So there may an increased interest level plus they tend to like monster movies more.

Different genre of movie so the comparisons of box office might not work.

That may partially have something to do with the setting of the movie being in Asia with focus on China and some Thailand. So there may an increased interest level plus they tend to like monster movies more.

Different genre of movie so the comparisons of box office might not work.

I`m surprised you didnt throw in the fact that Shark Fin soup is a delicacy in China as well and the prospect of a 30 foot shark fin was irresistible :lol. Please, I think your jumping the shark with that. Three words...The Ex Files.

That is what I strive for. It is what plenty of people I know strive for. However, the generations coming up now? Sadly I can't say the same for. The problem is a lot bigger than Star Wars. I know teens who have no interest in making friends or meeting people face to face. I know two 17 year olds who have no interest in getting their driver licenses. Sure, folks will jump immediately to "Well, that's a parenting failure". That may be partly to blame, but not entirely. Call me chronocentric, but I see generations coming up with a problematic lack of empathy. They don't worry about saying things to people face to face. They don't have to, when everything they feel needs to be said, can be said via social media.

Sorry to go off topic, but I think this is a huge problem.
This should surprise no one, but people said the exact same thing about your generation when you were young, too. And an even older generation said the same thing about that old generation when they were young. And so on...

edit: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Good_old_days

I`m surprised you didnt throw in the fact that Shark Fin soup is a delicacy in China as well and the prospect of a 30 foot shark fin was irresistible [emoji38]. Please, I think your jumping the shark with that. Three words...The Ex Files.
Contrary to popular belief I wasnt trying to argue against your point or anything, i think it's kind of like if a movie gets made where you live you might have some i terest in seeing it.

I dont have any factual basis of it being the case, just speculating.

This should surprise no one, but people said the exact same thing about your generation when you were young, too. And an even older generation said the same thing about that old generation when they were young. And so on...
I agree I'm being chronocentric. The silver lining is I'll be dead sooner and not here to worry about it.

Contrary to popular belief I wasnt trying to argue against your point or anything, i think it's kind of like if a movie gets made where you live you might have some i terest in seeing it.

I dont have any factual basis of it being the case, just speculating.

Fair enough but the Chinese film industry is probably the most prolific one in the world if not then just behind India so there`s no shortage of local scenery on screens there.

I wonder if Bob Iger will address the issue of Disney`s number one IP being officially dead in lets face it is the worlds biggest market after a solid debut with TFA and R1 at the next shareholders meeting.

Let's be honest here, Star Wars has been dead to some degree or another since fans heard "Meesa called Jar Jar Binks" emanate from the speakers of their local theater.

Then why are you constantly defending it here in this thread? Dead things dont break over 2 Billion at the BO when they are re introduced. Taking a cheap shot at the PT doesnt help your cause either. Oh, but you hated and loved that at the same time so sure, why not. Your just opportunity posting.

I find it strange that adults on this site get all butt hurt and pantie twisted over a set of films 40 years old yet think professional actors and celebrities should just blow off personal attacks from people they don't know.
Hypocrisy: the specialty of butt hurt fans! ;)

Then why are you constantly defending it here in this thread? Dead things dont break over 2 Billion at the BO when they are re introduced. Taking a cheap shot at the PT doesnt help your cause either. Oh, but you hated and loved that at the same time so sure, why not. Your just opportunity posting.

Because I LOVE Star Wars. Unlike some, I accept the bad with the good and understand that I can't do anything to change it. It is what it is.

Have you've never heard the statement no one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fan?

I love Star Wars, but not unconditionally. Most fans have a complicated relationship with it. ;)
5VENCkK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back