Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

The movie actually portrays it as a pretty unbelievable achievement. "Great shot, kid! That was one in a million!" I don't think we're ever supposed to believe it's easy. Being great at paintball with your friends isn't the same as stepping onto the battlefield where the stakes are real.

"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy."

Well in my forty plus years of following the movie, its never been questioned before as anything other than a brilliant part of a brilliant movie. Its hilarious that only fans of this new utter rubbish would even place it under a microscope. The needy, clingy desperation for some kind of validation for actually liking it knows no bounds.

As for KK, if the report is true, Star Wars is actually dead. Imagine celebrating that.

Well in my forty plus years of following the movie, its never been questioned before as anything other than a brilliant part of a brilliant movie. Its hilarious that only fans of this new utter rubbish would even place it under a microscope. The needy, clingy desperation for some kind of validation for actually liking it knows no bounds.

As for KK, if the report is true, Star Wars is actually dead. Imagine celebrating that.

I do believe it's quite the opposite. The fans who enjoy the films, we aren't the ones that need validation.

For me personally, when I saw TFA, I enjoyed tremendously. Never once did Rey's feats, bother me. It wasn't until after the film and I started discussing with friends and random people on the internet, that I found out some people where bothered by it. So I asked myself "is this a problem? Have we seen this before?" The answer I came up with was, nope it's not a problem, and yes we've seen stuff like this before.

So I didn't any kind of validation, it was fans who were irritated by it, that made me look for validation, so I could discuss it with them. We don't need validations for it, because we aren't bothered by it.

I heard a rumour she's actually stepping down in September of 2021! Don't make me start a new thread for the next three years. ;)
I just hope robot chicken makes more Star Wars based on the ST (doubt Disney world allow it) it's the only new SW I'm interested in at this point.
Congratulations to KK, pretty good gig for the next 3 years.

Maybe your Star Wars is, but it looks like mine is going to live a while longer, and I think that's worth a celebratory tip o the hat to KK. Here's to some more fun movies that don't have to fit the old mold perfectly.

Yours is going to just plod along losing more money and fans with every telling, enjoy. I`ve heard the ST called a lot of things but never fun and as for not fitting the old mold, they are nothing but poorly made, pale replicas of the old mold. No one ever wanted re makes of the past, just good new Star Wars movies which have not been delivered. Again, enjoy.

All this arguing for nothing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The end result sure showed the acidic nature of some people on the forum worthy of blocks though. I'll give this thread that. Since that happened, it has improved my experience 95%. I once believed that you never needed that on a forum. Boy was I wrong?

The end result sure showed the acidic nature of some people on the forum worthy of blocks though. I'll give this thread that. Since that happened, it has improved my experience 95%. I once believed that you never needed that on a forum. Boy was I wrong?

Thing is I use to love chatting in this entertainment section..

It would let me escape from the real world, connect with people with the same interests

Now all it is is hate and members fighting with each other, life is too short. Everyone has an opinion, that doesn’t make them right or a bad person..

Not worth the wasted energy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't see much good that has come of this. Two members got banned a few months back because the debate got so heated. Banned. Permanently. As strong as my feelings are on the movie (a movie not worth talking about almost a year after release mind you) I never would want that frustration to cause me to get banned. It's simply not worth the risk.

It's hard to let these things go and just move on and I get that, but just think about that. Is it worth being permanently banned for getting so pissed off or so infatuated with a movie that you would risk it?

It's not to me. The amount of enjoyment and resources and friends I have made here is NOT worth losing it all to win an argument. I may disagree with people, strongly mind you, but I try and keep myself in check and respect that despite my feelings/ opinions, others are entitled to their's too. That includes the people that I disagree with. I consider you friends too. Even if our tastes differ, we are all here because we love this stuff so much that we fight about it. I can acknowledge that I have not always exhibited the best responses sometimes because I get so heated but thankfully I try to keep that in check, even if it's difficult.

Let's just keep that in mind when we post? I think we can ALL agree on that front?

Last edited:
Yeah I don't see much good that has come of this. Two members got banned a few months back because the debate got so heated. Banned. Permanently. As strong as my feelings are on the movie (a movie not worth talking about almost a year after release mind you) I never would want that frustration to cause me to get banned. It's simply not worth the risk.

It's hard to let these things go and just move on and I get that, but just think about that. Is it worth being permanently banned for getting so pissed off or so infatuated with a movie that you would risk it?

It's not to me. The amount of enjoyment and resources and friends I have made here is NOT worth losing it all to win an argument. I may disagree with people, strongly mind you, but I try and keep myself in check and respect that despite my feelings/ opinions, others are entitled to their's too. That includes the people that I disagree with. I consider you friends too. Even if our tastes differ, we are all here because we love this stuff so much that we fight about it. I can acknowledge that I have not always exhibited the best responses sometimes because I get so heated but thankfully I try to keep that in check, even if it's difficult.

Let's just keep that in mind when we post? I think we can ALL agree on that front?

Didn't one of them come right back though? Because I remember that one of them was banned one minute and not the next. Unless they got into trouble again.

That's what gave birth to the 'you cannot talk about x,y,z' permaban thread.

Edit: The person I'm talking about is still here. Confirmed.

As far as I am aware they were both temporarily banned which resulted in a permanent ban. I could be wrong about that but still? Either way the point stands. Is it really worth it to try and win an argument? I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I'm just trying to be level with everyone about this which is why I called myself out too.

Edit:

Either way, I think the point still stands. We need to be more careful about these things.

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: JD
Didn't one of them come right back though? Because I remember that one of them was banned one minute and not the next. Unless they got into trouble again.

I believe that you are thinking of NeoRutty, who was briefly and apparently accidentally banmed. The people being referred to in the original post who were permanently banned – temporarily at first, but made permanent - were Bryancd and The Wook. One banning with which I agreed, the other I did not - but, at this point, it really doesn’t matter which was which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back