Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Spoken like the typically ignorant.

Dont waste the wear and tear on you keyboard. When you have posts saying that Lucas is not infallible and you only have to look at everything but the OT and Indy to prove it, which are probably two of the greatest gifts to cinema and story telling in general, its pointless. Like anyone`s infallible. And even the greatest surgeons in the world have help performing their miracles.

When the names George Lucas and Rian Johnson or JJ Abrams are used in comparison in any sentence that it isnt about say, shoe size or which coffee brand they prefer, you know things are at Def Con 5 in the desperation stakes.

Last edited:

Seems like it's just people saying he had these ideas. And George himself directly said, after these meetings, that they didn't use his ideas.

I'm going to remain skeptical on this. GL knows what his ideas were and says they did not use them.

I think I'm piecing together the what went on. We know that George gave them story treatments for episodes 7-9. We know that George said that Disney had decided not to use them and do their own thing. Bear in mind he said this before TFA had been released, and is simply saying what he was told. We also know that team making TFA said that they did want Luke to show up until the end because they were afraid and rightly so, that Luke would steal the show. And we have evidence that suggests that Luke's state of mind and where he was hiding was something established by George. So I think what happened was, George's story treatments for TFA are discarded due them not wanting Luke in the picture yet. And what was provided for 7 becomes the outline for 8? This fits with both sides of the story.

More like spoken like a guy who’s blown away by stupid posts.

- - - Updated - - -

It is easy to make George look like a total hack if you use the same logic on him as you do JJ.

George is not infallible (said as a HUGE FAN)

Pretty much everything but the OT and Indy prove it.

and look at the help he needed on those.

when he doesn’t get help...

”I hate sand....”

You're a nice guy. Maybe not as confident as you should be. The ironic thing is...I'm actually a fan of yours. I saw one of your movies and guess what: internally consistent and well paced. A bit sophomoric, but it was supposed to be. That's exactly what it called for and you put it together nicely.

They gave you talking hot dogs and you put more love into it than JJ put into it when they gave him FREAKING STAR TREK.

You're a nice guy, [NeoRutty]. Maybe not as confident as you should be.

giphy-downsized.gif

I think I'm piecing together the what went on. We know that George gave them story treatments for episodes 7-9. We know that George said that Disney had decided not to use them and do their own thing. Bear in mind he said this before TFA had been released, and is simply saying what he was told. We also know that team making TFA said that they did want Luke to show up until the end because they were afraid and rightly so, that Luke would steal the show. And we have evidence that suggests that Luke's state of mind and where he was hiding was something established by George. So I think what happened was, George's story treatments for TFA are discarded due them not wanting Luke in the picture yet. And what was provided for 7 becomes the outline for 8? This fits with both sides of the story.

Perhaps. I was under the impression that his ideas were mostly communicated via the artwork that he approved. And maybe there is some interpretation of that and we are being given the interpretation. We truly won't know until GL himself lays it down and says my idea was this that and the other thing.

In any case. I wish they had gone down a different road with the sequel trilogy. I just thought these movies would be so much different than what we got.

Yeah, but someday I'll be able to.

You'll be devastated THEN!

Chewbacca was technologically advanced enough to fly a starship. Why can't you figure out how to post a gif properly? Its not that hard and simple trial and error would help you figure it out in less than 5 minutes. Really not living up to your namesake, are you? I mean, if you're wrong about this...what else could you possibly be wrong about? We already know from the Game of Thrones thread that your GOTIQ is pitifully low. #SAD

The Wook Dont bother with GIFs, they are lazy and not very substantial. kinda like constantly eating off the McDonalds $1 menu or a taggers version of graffiti.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chewbacca was technologically advanced enough to fly a starship.

Which is why it was absurd to see him flail away at holograms in a Dejarik game, as if he could physically knock them from the table. Anything for a cheap laugh, right Ron?

Why can't you figure out how to post a gif properly?

Haven't really tried. Always in a hurry it seems, so I put it off. But I'll get to it. I also want to learn how to create a gif.

We already know from the Game of Thrones thread that your GOTIQ is pitifully low. #SAD

My GOTIQ is not pitifully low. I have a low-medium GOTIQ, because I haven't read the books, and I don't really make an effort to remember who's who, outside of the top-featured characters that I like, or like to hate. Which I've admitted freely. But wtf...I haven't posted there in ages. What are you keeping tabs?! Kinda weird, tbh.

I mean, if you're wrong about this...what else could you possibly be wrong about?

You.

Used to think you were pretty cool.

Oh well.

My GOTIQ is not pitifully low. I have a low-medium GOTIQ, because I haven't read the books, and I don't really make an effort to remember who's who, outside of the top-featured characters that I like, or like to hate. Which I've admitted freely. But wtf...I haven't posted there in ages. What are you keeping tabs?! Kinda weird, tbh.

I dont know if keeping tabs is accurate, but I love that series. So, when you predicted that Littlefinger was going to not only survive, but end up on the Iron Throne, I literally LOL'd. It seems like anyone who had watched even a smidgen of one episode could see where they were going with that character. Never mind the books because that doesn't even come in to play. The books are the books, the show is the show.

You.

Used to think you were pretty cool.

Oh well.

Oh, I've never been cool. After all, look where we're at. So once again, looks like you were wrong and missed the mark by quite a bit. Seems to be a bit of a pattern with you, eh?

4ad1c166505c3bd9e1aef1339b40aef3.gif

Dont waste the wear and tear on you keyboard. When you have posts saying that Lucas is not infallible and you only have to look at everything but the OT and Indy to prove it, which are probably two of the greatest gifts to cinema and story telling in general, its pointless. Like anyone`s infallible. And even the greatest surgeons in the world have help performing their miracles.

When the names George Lucas and Rian Johnson or JJ Abrams are used in comparison in any sentence that it isnt about say, shoe size or which coffee brand they prefer, you know things are at Def Con 5 in the desperation stakes.

People who bow down at the altar of George Lucas are just as ridiculous as people who think Spielberg can do no wrong. He made some really good movies back in the day. Since then... not so much. And the reason, just like J.K. Rowling, is that he got too big for people to tell him he's wrong. People wouldn't tell him his ideas sucked. So the prequels were garbage. So too were the special editions. That doesn't take away from the first three movies he did, it just means that he lost his mojo.

People who bow down at the altar of George Lucas are just as ridiculous as people who think Spielberg can do no wrong. He made some really good movies back in the day. Since then... not so much. And the reason, just like J.K. Rowling, is that he got too big for people to tell him he's wrong. People wouldn't tell him his ideas sucked. So the prequels were garbage. So too were the special editions. That doesn't take away from the first three movies he did, it just means that he lost his mojo.

Well, I unashamedly bow down at the alter of George Lucas, the PT did not get me all butt hurt like it seems to have done to so many,especially the young kids who probably didnt know what got em all so hurt in the first place, sure they were not as great as the OT but they didnt take a lot away from what came before them and in fact in many cases added to them, unlike what we see today, in my opinion. He achieved something incredible that was unrecognised by the very industry that claims to have a beat in that stuff and through his perseverance that incredible thing changed the world.

That said I totally recognise the mans many short falls as we all have shortfalls, I paid good money at the time to be put through Howard the Duck, but very few rise to his achievements and countless more never will. I doubt this place would even exist, like so many other institutions, pleasures and pursuits like minded people enjoy today, without him. If you think I`m ridiculous for that it wont effect my sleeping patterns. I was actually supporting you with the first post by the way.

Last edited:

I dont know if keeping tabs is accurate, but I love that series. So, when you predicted that Littlefinger was going to not only survive, but end up on the Iron Throne, I literally LOL'd. It seems like anyone who had watched even a smidgen of one episode could see where they were going with that character. Never mind the books because that doesn't even come in to play. The books are the books, the show is the show.

Oh, I've never been cool. After all, look where we're at. So once again, looks like you were wrong and missed the mark by quite a bit. Seems to be a bit of a pattern with you, eh?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4a/d1/c1/4ad1c166505c3bd9e1aef1339b40aef3.gif

Ya know, I'm glad we had this little exchange. Because the gifs you posted were annoying AF. They're too large, constantly looping, and way too in your face. They lose their charm. I prefer the more discreet ones I post, that are more modest in size, and only loop when clicked on.

Your gifs, like you, JoeG, have all the subtlety of an anvil.

And also like you, all the charm of a repeating hammer to the head.

The Wook

Ya know, I'm glad we had this little exchange. Because the gifs you posted were annoying AF. They're too large, constantly looping, and way too in your face. They lose their charm. I prefer the more discreet ones I post, that are more modest in size, and only loop when clicked on.

Your gifs, like you, JoeG, have all the subtlety of an anvil.

And also like you, all the charm of a repeating hammer to the head.

The Wook

Uh oh, someone sounds angry.

avHnbUZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back