Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

There isn't much from the EU I wanted to see canonized as a movie, except Thrawn, whom we got back in Rebels and books. To see him on screen would be great, I've mind casted Jason Isaacs or John Hamm for the role, but without making a movie between Jedi and TFA, I don't see it happening.

Missed this first time through. My dream casting, then and now, for Thrawn is Julian Sands.

George approached Disney. But they'd already been working together for a good thirty years, so it's entirely possible there was some back-room "Hey, if you're ever interested in selling..." overtures from Disney back in the '80s or '90s.

So how that's how Back to the Future got the Disney Star Wars idea.

So how that's how Back to the Future got the Disney Star Wars idea.

Probably. Star Tours opened in 1987 after a few years of development. That would have already been underway, at least in negotiations, when they were making the first film, probably.

I think it's Back to the Future part 2. Marty travels forward in time to 2015. There he sees a movie theater that says Disney Star Wars Episode VII.

Incidentally Kathleen Kennedy was one of the executive producers along with husband Frank Marshall and Steven Spielberg.

It's Jaws 17 or something like that. I forget the number.

Yeah, you know that's fake right?

And here I thought they really time traveled to 2015.(Sarcasm)

I think your missing the point my friend. I was pointing out that George must have been talking about selling for sometime. Enough anyways to inspire the film makers to include it in the movie.

I think your missing the point my friend. I was pointing out that George must have been talking about selling for sometime. Enough anyways to inspire the film makers to include it in the movie.
He is talking about the Disney Star Wars thing. Have you ever seen back to the future part 2? Its not in the movie. :lol

The disney star wars part in bttf2 is not in the movie. It's a universal film so they promoted a universal property.

be80628d2593b4c79636f83f3f4b3193.jpg

I think it's Back to the Future part 2. Marty travels forward in time to 2015. There he sees a movie theater that says Disney Star Wars Episode VII.

Incidentally Kathleen Kennedy was one of the executive producers along with husband Frank Marshall and Steven Spielberg.

WOW.jpg

A long time ago. It's on my need to see again list. I was just whistling the tune earlier today actually.

Last edited:

Ah, I see.................got taken for an internet prank I did. Geeze why does my mind remember seeing that in the movie:confused oh well

'excuse me! Ye, waitress, I'd like a large slice of humble pie, thank you'
:lol
Totally called it. You don't get to be taken seriously ever again!!
Oh, and did I say...

All solid choices, but I think Jude Law would make a magnificent Thrawn as well.

Maybe. I don't know if he quite has the facial structure for it. He's got the acting ability, and I'm really looking forward to seeing him as a young Albus Dumbledore in Fantastic Beasts 2.

Missed this first time through. My dream casting, then and now, for Thrawn is Julian Sands.
Ah, yes, Warlock would make a good Thrawn. Definitely has the look, much like Isaacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back