Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Not sure I agree with you there. People paid attention to Solo... both good and bad. It wasn't as divisive as The Last Jedi, but it still stirred plenty of controversy in other ways. Mainly for what I posted about in the prior post.

Everyone, you and I included have a worldview. We are biased, and we have opinions.

Intentional or not a filmmaker's worldview, bias, and opinions will end up in his or hers film. That's just the nature of us humans. Many filmmaker's probably aren't even aware that they are doing it.

Everyone, you and I included have a worldview. We are biased, and we have opinions.

Intentional or not a filmmaker's worldview, bias, and opinions will end up in his or hers film. That's just the nature of us humans. Many filmmaker's probably aren't even aware that they are doing it.

The people this discussion are about know they are doing it. They are aware and they wear it as a badge of honor.

If they have employees doing that - and quite frankly, that entails anyone outside of KK or RJ - it speaks to weak leadership. We don't have any public personna where i work even though it's a large company. I mean, we have a local one, but nothing major in the grand scheme of things. Part of orientation on being hired is you cannot speak on behalf of the company, period, good or bad, unless it's been authorized. Simply put, you don't let the rank and file speak for you - unless you ask them to do so. I also can't imagine any company - especially one owned by disney allowing employees to attack anyone, even those who deserve it.

I"m not saying she does or doesn't deserve to go, but if your employees are attacking consumers, you have a problem. Simple as that.

If they have employees doing that - and quite frankly, that entails anyone outside of KK or RJ - it speaks to weak leadership. We don't have any public personna where i work even though it's a large company. I mean, we have a local one, but nothing major in the grand scheme of things. Part of orientation on being hired is you cannot speak on behalf of the company, period, good or bad, unless it's been authorized. Simply put, you don't let the rank and file speak for you - unless you ask them to do so. I also can't imagine any company - especially one owned by disney allowing employees to attack anyone, even those who deserve it.

I"m not saying she does or doesn't deserve to go, but if your employees are attacking consumers, you have a problem. Simple as that.

BRAVO! Somebody gets it. Look up the names of those people I listed in the earlier post - they have lots of posts harassing people. They outright try to stir the pot any way they can. Here's one of several dummies.

Edit for photographic evidence:

geekgirldivia.jpggeekgirldivia3.jpg

You don't say this crap to the people you want to see your movies, buy your books, comics, toys, etc. It's rude, tasteless, and unprofessional.

Last edited:
Reactions: JPH

I don't think that getting woke hurt Black Panther any at the box office. So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that probably wasn't the problem with Solo.

You are right. It's these weirdos they put in charge of Star Wars. Sure we have some idiot fans here and there... but those people aren't the majority. And when you label everyone the same, you're a piece of crap.

You are right. It's these weirdos they put in charge of Star Wars. Sure we have some idiot fans here and there... but those people aren't the majority. And when you label everyone the same, you're a piece of crap.

If THOSE people, idiots and racists and bigots and the like, are getting called out for being who they are why should those of us that aren't lash out? You're allowed to not like the movie. You're allowed to not like the direction Star Wars is going. You're allowed to do those things as loud as you want. No one, not the TLJ fans or the creatives behind it, is saying that if those are your opinions you must also be THOSE people. But, the folks that seem to be organizing a hate crusade online sure look like they exhibit those tendencies.

Also, we're all THOSE people to one degree or another. It's nigh on impossible to not have some latent bigoted ideas floating around in the back of your brain, it's just the way culture works. It's on everyone to to recognize that to whatever degree they can and try to be better. #donepreachingnow

Off to work. Have fun folks.

Let me just say, I find it almost comical how worked up people get...over MOVIES! I get worked up if I screw up at work, if my transmission goes out, if my child has to be hospitalized, if my wife wants a divorce. This is just entertainment. Either you like it or you don't. Why are so many people getting heartburn over this? If you like a movie, great. If you didn't, move on. Sure, come on a forum and discuss, but why get so worked up to the point of saying hateful things to each other. Agree to disagree, shake hands, turn off your device and go play with your kids. In the grand scheme this simply doesn't matter!

Last edited:

If THOSE people, idiots and racists and bigots and the like, are getting called out for being who they are why should those of us that aren't lash out? You're allowed to not like the movie. You're allowed to not like the direction Star Wars is going. You're allowed to do those things as loud as you want. No one, not the TLJ fans or the creatives behind it, is saying that if those are your opinions you must also be THOSE people. But, the folks that seem to be organizing a hate crusade online sure look like they exhibit those tendencies.

Also, we're all THOSE people to one degree or another. It's nigh on impossible to not have some latent bigoted ideas floating around in the back of your brain, it's just the way culture works. It's on everyone to to recognize that to whatever degree they can and try to be better. #donepreachingnow

Off to work. Have fun folks.

Are you entirely sure about that? Because JJ Abrams might disagree with you on what you are saying.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/jj-...last-jedi-backlash-threatened-by-women-2018-2

RJ has also parroted the same vocal opinion of the fans. RJ's actions on Twitter have indicated he cant take the slightest criticism on anything said about the movie.

Last edited:

Are you entirely sure about that? Because JJ Abrams might disagree with you on what you are saying.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/jj-...last-jedi-backlash-threatened-by-women-2018-2

RJ has also parroted the same vocal opinion of the fans. RJ's actions on Twitter have indicated he cant take the slightest criticism on anything said about the movie.
If you're not THREATENED BY WOMEN, I don't think he's talking about you. Nothing in that link suggests everyone who didn't like the movie is being called out, but a whole lot of sexists are.

She's not wrong.
She's right about the last sentence, you don't own the franchise just because you're emotionally invested in it. But buying a product that has their logo/licence on it damn well makes me a customer. Who are their customers then if not the end users? Hasbro or Del Rey will not buy their licenses if the end users won't buy their products. Same applies to the movies themselves.
I hesitate to cite George Lucas as a positive example given that his approach was "these are my films" but even he thought of Average Joe buying a movie ticket and watching his movie as business between the two of them as he very rightly put an autograph hound in his place.

If you're not THREATENED BY WOMEN, I don't think he's talking about you. Nothing in that link suggests everyone who didn't like the movie is being called out, but a whole lot of sexists are.

She's right about the last sentence, you don't own the franchise just because you're emotionally invested in it. But buying a product that has their logo/licence on it damn well makes me a customer. Who are their customers then if not the end users? Hasbro or Del Rey will not buy their licenses if the end users won't buy their products. Same applies to the movies themselves.
I hesitate to cite George Lucas as a positive example given that his approach was "these are my films" but even he thought of Average Joe buying a movie ticket and watching his movie as business between the two of them as he very rightly put an autograph hound in his place.

You might be onto something there.

Get off twitter, there's an actual real world right outside the window! ;)

While you are right, these buffoons are in charge of making the movies and books going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

I had a thought. Remember when Kathleen Kennedy wore 'The Force is Female' shirt? I find it interesting that every time the Force (particularly the Light Side) is personified, it's female. First time was the Daughter in the 'Mortis' arc. And the second was the Force Priestesses.

I find it interesting that hate what liberal Hollywood is doing, yet you costume Assassin's Creed, a game who glorifies Islamic terrorists. Just curious what you see in that game?

Where the hell does it glorify Islamic terrorists? I wasn't aware Connor was an Islamic Terrorist. :confused Ironic though, given what my ethnic background is. Even creepier you're looking into my cosplay stuff when admittedly, that has no bearing on this conversation.

Seems very much to be the use of an Ad Hominem Fallacy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back