Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

You're right, this isn't the place so i'll only say this.
I don't buy it.

That's fair. No one is selling it. It's free to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they could just move KK to the TV development side...

Only saying cuz me and some other guys were discussing flicks at lunch today, and pretty much everyone agreed Solo wasn't BAD, just looked like TV Star Wars.

So congrats, KK... you made a movie better than "Caravan of Courage"!

The little things!

To paraphrase...

This thread has moved so far beyond the ridiculous that the light from ridiculous would take 1,000 years to get here.

I really liked the TIE Silencer. I thought it mirrored the TIE/ln ---> TIE Interceptor evolution well, well still giving Ben a chance to put his unique design stamp on it, just as his grandfather did.

It was a further evolution of the prototype TIE Avenger from the old TIE Fighter PC game:

3579136_orig.jpg

Different from the actual limited-production version of the Avenger. I retroactively like to call it the TIE Advanced x2. So I love that Kylo has that Silencer for many reasons.

Based on what? Employment opportunities? Income equality?

I don't really want to go into detail to much because i think I've stretched the rules on political talk enough as it is.

But i'll say this, no respected economist takes the gender wage gap seriously, when you factor in all the variables and choices the sexes make, the pay gap shrinks to the point of disappearing.

Okay. Let's take it out of the Star Wars galaxy, to remove some of our passions from the discussion. And let's entertain a hypothetical, grotesque and extreme though it may be.

If J.K. Rowling came out with a new Harry Potter book next week, telling the story of the kids now grown up, as 20-somethings, and the following were the 3 main storylines...

* Harry is married to Ginny, but they are miserable, and he beats her
* Hermione lost her magic, and having split from Ron, has turned to a life of prostitution
* Ron was hired as a T.A. at Hogwarts, where he's secretly molesting students

...would you say that J.K. has retained her HPIQ which she established with the earlier Potter books, or would you say she lost her HPIQ (perhaps, along with her mind)?

The latter is the correct answer, I'm trusting you'll agree.

The Wook

She lost her HPIQ somewhere in the middle of the 7 books when people stopped telling her no. That's why the books got absurdly long because nobody dared to edit her. The same thing happened to Lucas. When you get that powerful, people start being afraid to criticize you because they depend on your work making money for them. That's when all of these authors and filmmakers go into the toilet.

Roddenberry not only lost his STIQ, but his control of the franchise, with “The Motion Picture”

A lot of what made TOS great was done by Gene Cooon

Next Gen owes a debt to quite a few who were screwed over by the Great Bird Of The Galaxy

Roddenberry is someone else who went south after he started believing his own presss. Once these creators start believing that their **** doesn't stink, they've lost sight of what made their creations special in the first place.

I don't really want to go into detail to much because i think I've stretched the rules on political talk enough as it is.

But i'll say this, no respected economist takes the gender wage gap seriously, when you factor in all the variables and choices the sexes make, the pay gap shrinks to the point of disappearing.

Have fun "Mansplanning" that to women, should be fun to watch!

I ripped off a joke from Silicon Valley! When a girl from work was talking about mansplaining... I mansplained mansplaining to her.

ABORT!!!

Okay... NOT A GOOD JOKE TO RIP OFF.

Almost ripped off my head.

But funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Have fun "Mansplanning" that to women, should be fun to watch!

Is not, "mansplaining", defined as a man condescendingly explaining something to a woman that she already knows?

Then it appears, not only have you misspelled the word, but you've also misused it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back