Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

LOL Why so triggered? From someone who has decided to enter the conversation and pretty much camp in this thread and just respond to everyone elses comments I truely dont see how my previous post produced your reaction. If you were familiar with TLJ thread you would be familiar with my comments about thread derailing, If you thought they were directed at you then you were mistaken.

Sorry, I don't have 200+ pages of time to read your posting history in that thread, for the same reason it got away from me when the movie hit. Having a kid limits the amount of time a guy has to read the forum.
But, the kid is a little older now so I camp the topics that center around movies I like. Not going to bring myself into threads on movies I don't care for, I've nothing to contribute. That being said, with no actual news on the topic since it's inception there isn't much for anyone to contribute here. I think all our opinions are pretty much out there. Which isn't to say I'm trying to put a stake in this thread, it's not my job or my place. Just stating what seems obvious to me.
Also, that's not what triggered means.

Sorry, I don't have 200+ pages of time to read your posting history in that thread, for the same reason it got away from me when the movie hit. Having a kid limits the amount of time a guy has to read the forum.
But, the kid is a little older now so I camp the topics that center around movies I like. Not going to bring myself into threads on movies I don't care for, I've nothing to contribute. That being said, with no actual news on the topic since it's inception there isn't much for anyone to contribute here. I think all our opinions are pretty much out there. Which isn't to say I'm trying to put a stake in this thread, it's not my job or my place. Just stating what seems obvious to me.
Also, that's not what triggered means.

Seemed triggered to me. Jumping on me saying that I pounce at every opportunity is bit like the pot calling the kettle black but whatever. My post was right on point in regards to the thread title and as usual it was just brushed off instead of being discussed. Still to see one comment in regards as to why the current President should remain in the position in all this time.

Because she's very good at what she does and has a massively successful track record.

Finally. That track record seems to be all in the past right now. The Star Wars graph just seems to keep going down further and further.

Despite your disdain for it, TLJ did massive box office. One movie doesn't necessarily indicate a trend.

That success came off the back of a set up that was totally cheated on, the displeasure from that can be seen in its massive drop off and the BO from Solo. Ep Nein has now been put in a very dangerous position because of it.

That's an opinion. I don't deny TLJ spli the fanbase, but I don't expect that to reflect as direly on EpIX as you seem to. We'll see.

It is only an opinion yes, but when its shared by an overwhelming amount of people both here and around the world it becomes an opinion with some gravitas especially in the light of recent events and if the situation doesnt change in the next year and a bit, as you say we shall see.

Men and Woman are equal in the west and have been for a long time, real woman don't need you to hold their hand:cheers

This isn't the place for it so I'll only say this.
I can't speak for Rotterdam, but that is certainly not the case in the US.

So youre a man baby if you are passionate about something and dont want to see it ruined? Chalk me up as a man baby then. #manbabiesunite

“Manbabies” is just busting balls of male fans who feel annoyed with women in the new films not because they think they are poorly realized, which is a legitimate line of criticism, but just because they are women and have to be part of an inclusion agenda.

“Manbabies” is just busting balls of male fans who feel annoyed with women in the new films not because they think they are poorly realized, which is a legitimate line of criticism, but just because they are women and have to be part of an inclusion agenda.
I dont get this weird thing with women. Im a heterosexual male and I LOVE women. Why wouldnt I want to see them on screen? Just dont write them into crappy characters. Make better choices with them, there is no reason for that Holdo character to exist in TLJ when we have admiral ackbar. Rose? Her motivations and everything were ridiculous, and she fell in love with Finn in less than 2 days?

Now Rey on the other hand, I really like her character, and loved her in TFA but she had nothing to do in TLJ. I also thought princess leia was misused as well. TLJ was a horrible movie, but not because there were women in it, thats ridiculous. :lol

So youre a man baby if you are passionate about something and dont want to see it ruined? Chalk me up as a man baby then. #manbabiesunite

Being disappointed in a thing you're passionate about is totally cool and understandable.

Throwing daily fits by posting the same simple thought over and over again daily based around the fact that something made to please literally millions of people didn't do exactly what YOU wanted it to do, and therefor you will berate, talk down to, call mentally ill, and otherwise troll anyone who does not share your opinion whilst wishing for the failure of the thing you claim to love so much... that = manbaby.

You already got busted with your "GL is a SJW line."

Playing both sides, its in there, it isnt...sheesh!

And having gripes about Kylo or terribly over-acted Hux, or Snope being clueless with no development gets ignored by the name-callers, who, like Snikt pointed out, really just cant defend a bad movie. ;)

You already got busted with your "GL is a SJW line."

Playing both sides, its in there, it isnt...sheesh!

And having gripes about Kylo or terribly over-acted Hux, or Snope being clueless with no development gets ignored by the name-callers, who, like Snikt pointed out, really just cant defend a bad movie. ;)

Oh, without question GL is and was an SJW, it’s obvious from any academic study of the man, his public comments, and concepts portrayed in his films. It’s something that doesnt registers with me at all, be it in the OT, PT, ST. I don’t see it or feel effected by it personally. It’s all a lot of nothing to me but it certainly was part of George’s stated agenda. Until current management comes out and states as much then it will continue to be a non-issue for me. YRMV.
And I’m not using SJW as a pegorative.

Save your breath, some people just cant contain themselves even after repeatedly claiming that they would and have such a reliance on over dramatisation, self pity and need to display this to an entire forum on a daily basis that its an entirely wasted effort. Their very own words expose them. Remember "half the man babies here" was the term used. When two people say you should seek out help, there must be something to it. And Star Wars and Disney Star Wars are two completely different things

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back