Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

But Disney retained her in that position. George hasn't been officially involved in decision making since the sale has he?

If I had to hazard a guess she likely has a contract with Lucasfilm for a specific period of time. Disney’s acquisition wouldn’t void that.

A lone pilot gets a direct line to the General...

Seriously, you are digging yourself into a hole. And the general gets on the line *AND* puts up with it "hold please"?

Uhhh, no. No, not credible, not acceptable, just stupid. Slap you in the face stupid.

Defending the indefensible is the issue here.

Really, you *know* hot shot pilots that demand to speak to the peson in charge of the enemy Fleet, and they get their attention?
Happens all the time, right? Generals dont even have a enough time to plan strategies because of all the prank calls.
This is the absolutely ridiculous BS that makes people boycott and makes one-side, the competent side, the "honest side", know that the other side isnt being reasonable, or objective, they are just trying to find anyway to escape the cloud of stupid associated with TLJ. The insult is you trying so desperately to make something sooo brain-dead stupid, acceptable, plausible...heck@ you liked it.

Well, you certainly have your mind made up.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet a lot of us don't love the new movies especially not TLJ, and not because we set our expectations to high but simply because the movies are are not that good. Not terrible Star Wars movies, just terrible movies period.

You say this like it's a universally accepted truth.

It isn't, however. Many of you feel this way. Many others do not. It is subjective to say they are "just terrible movies period". In your view, perhaps. In the view of all of those who will clamour to your defense... likely. But in the view of many others, not so. THAT is something which i think has been forgotten in recent months.

This is sad but true. But I have a feeling that if George showed up on set one day, and said 'absolutely not!' to something. They'd probably not do it. They respect George for what he did. There was someone who asked Kathleen if they would re-release the original versions of the OT. She said that latest version of the films is George's vision, so no.

Nothing against George but if I paid him 4B for the company and he showed up on set telling me it was being done wrong, I'd politely tell him to go count his money. ;)
I don't think KK or Star Wars has any agenda except making as much money as possible. I do think they could do a better job of it by having a cohesive plan for the ST before they got started. Until a few years ago I never expected to see another SW movie and I was fine with it. After TFA I was disappointed with the rehashed story but held out hope since Luke might actually speak in the next one. TLJ was just hard to watch, for many reasons I won't go over again. To me they barely seem like the same story.
If LFL had the guts ( or idiocy, depending on how you see it) they'd make an R rated SW set 1000 years apart from the OT.
;)

Okay. Let's take it out of the Star Wars galaxy, to remove some of our passions from the discussion. And let's entertain a hypothetical, grotesque and extreme though it may be.

If J.K. Rowling came out with a new Harry Potter book next week, telling the story of the kids now grown up, as 20-somethings, and the following were the 3 main storylines...

* Harry is married to Ginny, but they are miserable, and he beats her
* Hermione lost her magic, and having split from Ron, has turned to a life of prostitution
* Ron was hired as a T.A. at Hogwarts, where he's secretly molesting students

...would you say that J.K. has retained her HPIQ which she established with the earlier Potter books, or would you say she lost her HPIQ (perhaps, along with her mind)?

The latter is the correct answer, I'm trusting you'll agree.

The Wook

No, what i would say is thta you picked the most over the top skewed comparison that you could possibly concoct to make your point.

- - - Updated - - -

Not after you've sold it, you're not.

While this is true, your statement said that he lost his SWIQ back between 1980 and 1983, and he still owned it then. :)

Nothing against George but if I paid him 4B for the company and he showed up on set telling me it was being done wrong, I'd politely tell him to go count his money. ;)
I don't think KK or Star Wars has any agenda except making as much money as possible. I do think they could do a better job of it by having a cohesive plan for the ST before they got started. Until a few years ago I never expected to see another SW movie and I was fine with it. After TFA I was disappointed with the rehashed story but held out hope since Luke might actually speak in the next one. TLJ was just hard to watch, for many reasons I won't go over again. To me they barely seem like the same story.
If LFL had the guts ( or idiocy, depending on how you see it) they'd make an R rated SW set 1000 years apart from the OT.
;)

Heh ! , We may still get that ‘R’ rated SW film or close to one , considering how the GOT guys are having a crack at Star Wars too ! :lol

:cheersGed

;)

Well, he showed up on that set of Solo:lol and had a chat with Ron. We also know he called Rian at least once. But I don't think his disapproved of anything yet.

Well, he showed up on that set of Solo:lol and had a chat with Ron. We also know he called Rian at least once. But I don't think his disapproved of anything yet.

I guess my point is that his approval or disapproval is irrelevant now. He had his shot at bringing back SW with the PT. From a marketing stand point it was a great success. The PT story and films however are a hot mess of bad CGI, bad green screen, terrible acting and even worse writing! (IMO) come on..."she's lost the will to live" WTH was that!? :facepalm
George got it rolling and caught lightning in a bottle back in 77 but I'm not really interested in anymore mido-Jar-Jar-cackling Emporers.

I guess my point is that his approval or disapproval is irrelevant now. He had his shot at bringing back SW with the PT. From a marketing stand point it was a great success. The PT story and films however are a hot mess of bad CGI, bad green screen, terrible acting and even worse writing! (IMO) come on..."she's lost the will to live" WTH was that!? :facepalm
George got it rolling and caught lightning in a bottle back in 77 but I'm not really interested in anymore mido-Jar-Jar-cackling Emporers.

Well, George always said he wasn't good writing dialogue, and bad at directing actors. And as far as that "she's lost the will to live" line goes. How else would a droid describe someone being killed by the Force? I've definitely wondered if Anakin or the Emperor is actually killing her.

Well, George always said he wasn't good writing dialogue, and bad at directing actors. And as far as that "she's lost the will to live" line goes. How else would a droid describe someone being killed by the Force? I've definitely wondered if Anakin or the Emperor is actually killing her.

I always thought he just choked her before he fought Obi, I didn't get the sense either Vader or Palpatine were using the force on her after that. I just rewatched it a few weeks ago and didn't see anything to suggest it.

I always thought he just choked her before he fought Obi, I didn't get the sense either Vader or Palpatine were using the force on her after that. I just rewatched it a few weeks ago and didn't see anything to suggest it.

I don't know, the Emperor sure has a sly grin when he's telling Anakin he must have killed her. Also, Vader takes his first breath about the same time Padme takes her last. Something else interesting during that scene. You can hear Anakin's heartbeat. But it momentarily stops as mask seals around his face. It then resumes once Vader starts breathing. I think you can hear Padme's heartbeat as well, but it's very faint.

Yeah there isn’t anything in the film to suggest her death wasn’t simply the result of injury caused by Anakins Force choking her.

Yeah there isn’t anything in the film to suggest her death wasn’t simply the result of injury caused by Anakins Force choking her.
That's what I always assumed, the droids saying they can't explain it is the confusing part. If they said she has a crushed windpipe or internal damage we can't repair it would make more sense. The whole died of a broken heart never did it for me.

That's what I always assumed, the droids saying they can't explain it is the confusing part. If they said she has a crushed windpipe or internal damage we can't repair it would make more sense. The whole died of a broken heart never did it for me.

Yeah and she sort of hangs in there long enough to get this medical attention post Mustafar fight and deliver twins. Impressive!

Umm George put Kathleen Kennedy in charge before he sold Lucasfilm. She was co-president for something like 6 months, then he sold Lucasfilm, and she became the full president.

Six months before a 4 Billion dollar purchase...Maybe?

Just maybe, they knew six months prior to the purchase.

I know, not like *us*, y'know, we just spend 4 Billion here n there like candy.

And Star Wars adopts Disney's orphan saves the day storyline. Hmmmmmmmmmm

KK in a "The Force is a Woman" shirt

The plot thickens?

Naaaaaaaah. Too obvious, right?

So the people making Star Wars have a low SWIQ??? Yet they have some of most knowledgeable people working at Lucasfilm. Dave Filoni and Pablo Hildago probably know more about Star Wars besides Mr. Lucas.

Well, YES. EXACTLY!

Remember being told canon was thrown out for the new trilogy? And then (NO MORE AND THEN!) RJ cites canon weeks after the movie is poorly received to try and appease his miscarriage of a film to true fans? Initially, someone can't even get the date of the book reference correct.

He post a pic of a book in front of a bookshelf of Star Wars books...couldn't even crack it to get the date right.

Hamill used to mention trying to speak to the director and was "given a cookie" and told to shut up, before someone old him to stop. He used to cite examples of how Luke wound NEVER do certain things.

Six months before a 4 Billion dollar purchase...Maybe?

Just maybe, they knew six months prior to the purchase.

I know, not like *us*, y'know, we just spend 4 Billion here n there like candy.

And Star Wars adopts Disney's orphan saves the day storyline. Hmmmmmmmmmm

KK in a "The Force is a Woman" shirt

The plot thickens?

Naaaaaaaah. Too obvious, right?

George and Kathleen have been friends since Raiders of the Lost Ark. That's at least 37 years they've been friends. So unless George comes out and says, Kathleen didn't run Lucasfilm the way I wanted her to, and shes ruined Star Wars. I'm going to assume that she's running things they way he wanted to.

Well, YES. EXACTLY!

Remember being told canon was thrown out for the new trilogy? And then (NO MORE AND THEN!) RJ cites canon weeks after the movie is poorly received to try and appease his miscarriage of a film to true fans? Initially, someone can't even get the date of the book reference correct.

He post a pic of a book in front of a bookshelf of Star Wars books...couldn't even crack it to get the date right.

Hamill used to mention trying to speak to the director and was "given a cookie" and told to shut up, before someone old him to stop. He used to cite examples of how Luke wound NEVER do certain things.

The "canon" wasn't thrown out. The Expanded Universe was done away with. The Expanded Universe was never considered canon by George. Yes, he helped on some stuff. Yes, he borrowed stuff (most times at the behest of other people). But he's stated that the Expanded Universe was not his Star Wars. George contradicted the EU on many occasions. Like "grey" Jedi, Mandalorian history, Nightsisters, Kyber crystals. These things George changed from what they were in the EU. Lucasfilm also stated that George was allowed to contradict the EU. So when George gave the responsibility of making new films to Lucasfilm/Disney, they inherited the ability to contradict the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back