Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

I will just say that Obi Wan had his entire way of life ruined, his best friend and apprentice turned to the Dark Side, he had to try to kill that apprentice, he had to deliver his apprentice and friend Padme's children to safety and then watch over one of them for 20 years. Finally he lets his physical self die to protect Luke and co. So if ANYONE in the ENTIRE Star Wars movie series from Prequels on had a reason to swear off everything and let the galaxy burn, it was him. He was a hero and acted like one, which any hero ever, real or fake, does. There was zero excuse for what "Luke" was doing in the Sequels other than a crap writer who shouldn't even be allowed to write the comments on the back of Star Wars trading cards.

Expecting nothing; just not understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Luke would have been one of those do what I say not what I did teachers................except it seems like he never told his students that he was a Jedi school drop out. It would be like someone only taking classes for the first week of school. Skipping the rest, and then coming back at the end to graduate, and become a teacher themselves. A disaster just waiting to happen. It shouldn't be a surprise then, that Ben and bunch students turn to the Dark Side, kill the rest and torch the place.

Luke would have been one of those do what I say not what I did teachers................except it seems like he never told his students that he was a Jedi school drop out. It would be like someone only taking classes for the first week of school. Skipping the rest, and then coming back at the end to graduate, and become a teacher themselves. A disaster just waiting to happen. It shouldn't be a surprise then, that Ben and bunch students turn to the Dark Side, kill the rest and torch the place.

The greatest teacher, failure is?

So it seems Disney employees are deleting tweets as fast as they can type on their laptops. Great job Disney and KK, for allowing six months of brand tarnishing behaviour run rampant before all of a sudden doing something about it, even if it is out of sheer panic.

Reactions: JPH

So it seems Disney employees are deleting tweets as fast as they can type on their laptops. Great job Disney and KK, for allowing six months of brand tarnishing behaviour run rampant before all of a sudden doing something about it, even if it is out of sheer panic.

Since Gunn got fired...........I'd imagine that people are scared :lol

Since Gunn got fired...........I'd imagine that people are scared :lol

It should never have been allowed to get to that in the first place. Its funny how some peoples convictions can be so easily abandoned at the prospect of financial loss isnt it?

So um, we're equating pedophilia with... whatever it is we're accusing Kathleen Kennedy of doing? Wow, didn't know brushes came that broad.

So um, we're equating pedophilia with... whatever it is we're accusing Kathleen Kennedy of doing? Wow, didn't know brushes came that broad.

My comments were based entirely on the Star Wars situation only and the way Disney employees have been using social media, nothing to do with the subject matter you raised. If you didnt know, Rian Johnson is deleting tweets by the thousands.

Last edited:

Well there's nothing wrong with company trying to make some money. But at the same time we must also remember that "the love of money is the root of all evil".

I was talking about Johnson the individual, not Disney the company.

Eh. I thought Luke made sense in TLJ. He reminded me of Obi-wan, who told Luke about training Anakin: "I thought I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong." Obi-Wan fails, and then goes and hides.
Pretty sure that's not exactly how that went... In fact, as I recall, Obi-Wan and Yoda were only hiding from the empire while waiting for the wonder twins to mature enough to be trained.
HUGE difference between biding one's time as a distant guardian and abandoning everything because you've attempted to murder your sister's kid.

Pretty sure that's not exactly how that went... In fact, as I recall, Obi-Wan and Yoda were only hiding from the empire while waiting for the wonder twins to mature enough to be trained.
HUGE difference between biding one's time as a distant guardian and abandoning everything because you've attempted to murder your sister's kid.
That direct quote from Obi-Wan, said to Luke, describing his training of Anakin, and then the fact that he went off to Tatooine to bide his time until Luke was ready? That’s not how it went? What I wrote is exactly how it went. I didn’t go into the reasons, which are different, yes. But the one action (going into exile) is reminiscent of the other. As are the quotes about, essentially, hubris.

I didn’t say anything about why Luke ran away and hid on an island. I also didn’t say the scenarios are exactly alike, just that one “reminded me” of the other. The difference you’re talking about is something you’re inferring, not something I implied or stated. As far as I’m concerned, though, there are parallels between Obi-Wan waiting for Luke to be ready to take up the cause, and Luke waiting for Rey to be ready to take up that cause.

Remember, Luke did leave a map to where he was. Why would he do this if he just wanted to die alone? It seems clear that he was waiting for someone worthy. He just kept the “crazy old hermit” schtick going a bit longer than Obi-Wan did.

Last edited:

JJ’s Luke left a map, indicating he wanted someone to find him. Basically he left a forwarding address. RJ’s Luke destroyed his XWING because he was planning to die in exile. They were two different characters and clearly RJ didn’t have any plan for Luke’s handling that resembled what JJ’s plan was. There was a complete disconnect between the two movies in regards to the character.

OBWK was hiding from Vader while watching over Luke, read:purpose. RJ wrote Luke to exile himself because he felt a failure and wished the Jedi to end, and had contempt for the group altogether. That’s nothing like Obi-Wan or Yoda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two different characters? Didn’t have a plan for what to do with him? It’s pretty obvious what the plan was for him. Whether people liked what RJ did with Luke is one thing, but it’s not like he had Luke sit on the island and we never saw him again. Never mind the fact that it was JJ Abrams who had Luke exiled at the end of TFA. It’s not as if that came out of nowhere in TLJ.

I think you need to watch the movie again. Luke doesn’t go through the whole movie thinking that the Jedi “should end,” as he says early on. He literally says that he will not be the last Jedi. This makes no sense if you believe he had “contempt” for the Jedi order for the entire duration of the film.

And once again, I didn’t ever say that Obi-Wan hiding and Luke hiding were exactly the same. Please, look up what “reminiscent” means. I’ve spent enough time explaining the same things multiple times to people who don’t get it. Maybe someone else will help from here on out. If people can’t grasp the basic ideas I’m talking about, then any further discussion isn’t gonna happen.

I was hoping this was leading to maybe Jake Skywalker, Luke and Obi-Wan working together to get Kathleen Kennedy to step down...

Reactions: JPH

Yeah, to bring the topic back in focus:

Kathleen Kennedy, still there. Hasn’t stepped down. Maybe if we hit 100 pages in this thread? :lol

"Failed I have, into exile I must go" - Yoda - Revenge of the Sith

In TLJ Luke's entire world comes crashing down around him, when Ben turns. Luke feels responsible, like he and the Jedi have become apart of the problem. So he cuts himself off from the Force and exiles himself. Deep inside he would like nothing better, then to pick up a lightsaber and return.

It's important to realize that Luke was wrong to go into exile. Luke was meant to be the light, a beacon of hope for the galaxy. But when removed himself, the Force must choose another to be that hope........Rey. Of course Luke eventually remembers what his purpose is, what his calling is. To be a Jedi Knight, a guardian of peace and justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back