Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

The honourable members of the "He-Man Women Haters Club" requests a vote of “no confidence” regarding Kathleen Kennedy and The Magillicuddy Girls who did not invite them to their party..,

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

And that toxicity comes from all sides of the SW fan spectrum as well, never forget that. Social media aint my thing but you dont need it to see that.

I fell in love this last year with GOTG Vol 2... One of the best things about it, whether people love, like, hate or "whatever" it... it's such a simple movie to discuss in a group of animation industry nerds.. Lasts about 5 minutes.

Get going on Star Wars. Clear the rest of the day/night! and prepare to pick up the arguments at the next lunch.:D

I fell in love this last year with GOTG Vol 2... One of the best things about it, whether people love, like, hate or "whatever" it... it's such a simple movie to discuss in a group of animation industry nerds.. Lasts about 5 minutes.

Get going on Star Wars. Clear the rest of the day/night! and prepare to pick up the arguments at the next lunch.:D

Well it doesnt help the situation when people make sweeping statements about another group of people based on nothing but a third party tweet and a single post from one individual does it? Please take your 10 foot wide brush and find another wall to paint, mines got about three coats on it already.

Well it doesnt help the situation when people make sweeping statements about another group of people based on nothing but a third party tweet and a single post from one individual does it? Please take your 10 foot wide brush and find another wall to paint, mines got about three coats on it already.

Yeah. This is all based on one sweeping statement. There's certainly no history for Star Wars fans over doing something...

if you don't believe it's toxic, it's probably because you AREN'T on social media acting crazy.

Rian himself said it's not the REAL fans. You're a real fan, so who cares?

"On social media a few unhealthy people can cast a big shadow on the wall, but over the past 4 years I’ve met lots of real fellow SW fans. We like & dislike stuff but we do it with humor, love & respect. We’re the VAST majority, we’re having fun & doing just fine. "

Yeah. This is all based on one sweeping statement. There's certainly no history for Star Wars fans over doing something...

if you don't believe it's toxic, it's probably because you AREN'T on social media acting crazy.

Rian himself said it's not the REAL fans. You're a real fan, so who cares?

"On social media a few unhealthy people can cast a big shadow on the wall, but over the past 4 years I’ve met lots of real fellow SW fans. We like & dislike stuff but we do it with humor, love & respect. We’re the VAST majority, we’re having fun & doing just fine. "

Every time Johnson goes on social media he displays to the world just how unprofessional he is, if Disney had any kind of Public Relations Dept he would have been told to STFU a long time ago. There isnt one example of his kind of behaviour from someone in a similar position in history that I can think of. He is in no position to speak on anyones behalf and certainly not mine. For someone who is supposed to be creating a whole new Star Wars universe from scratch which in his words aim`s to inspire the same sense of wonder as the OT did, with his record, he should be spending every waking second of his immediate life trying to achieve that rather lofty goal.

movies suck, she sucks, ruining star wars to make it some girly crap with a message so now boys hate it, F you Kennedy go away and the Force is not female and females dont buy your action figures and I hate Rose as much as I hate Jar Jar

Ladies and gentleman, I give you, the problem. This is the grossest, most unintelligent, and yet, most representative of the problem at large in one post.
Star Wars isn't for you. Get over it.

Well I follow him on Twitter and he seems like a great, grounded guy who talks pretty openly with his fans.

But as you said, social media ain't your thing, so you would know.

I dont need to be across social media to know when someone who is supposedly representing the Disney Corporation and the Star Wars franchise should keep their mouths shut. I also dont need a degree in social media to pick up on he fact that his greatest defenders here and elsewhere seem to be those wanting to get a gig off him as well.

Lets wait and see if Disney feel the same way once his greatest supporter Kathleen Kennedy has "stepped down":lol

Star Wars aint no multi billion dollar hipster indie project.

Last edited:

Where do I pick up my pitch fork and torch ?
Or ....
Crap... was i supposed to bring my own ?

I think I have a broomstick lying around in case shenanigans gets called but I don't have a pitch fork nor torch on hand !

I'll just.. Uh ok.... I'll just join this angry mob later I guess !

DAMN IT !!

Never get to have any fun !!!!!

Where do I pick up my pitch fork and torch ?
Or ....
Crap... was i supposed to bring my own ?

I think I have a broomstick lying around in case shenanigans gets called but I don't have a pitch fork nor torch on hand !

I'll just.. Uh ok.... I'll just join this angry mob later I guess !

DAMN IT !!

Never get to have any fun !!!!!

Just keep the big wooden spoon under wraps, as mum`s go to attitude adjuster, my brothers and I were on the business end of one of those things enough back in the day that if I see one these days, the eye tick comes back.

Always great to see such intelligent, well thought out discourse in these threads. Really. The fandom is just fine. No problems whatsoever. Carry on, boys!

http://gifl.ink/salute.gif

PS - Thats how you post a gif correctly. Some people around here really need to work on the gif posting IQ!

Ummm, I have a feeling that was directed at me. :lol

Okay, fair enough, I bow to your GIFIQ. I've been using the Insert Image tool. Lemme try just posting the link of a gif here as a tester:

https://gph.is/2bnBmFc

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, nope, that didn't work.

What am I missing here?

Just let Mark Hamill take the job

...Just because fans hated their attempts at something new and different (TLJ), and fans found their attempts at making something familiar (TFA) to be derivative and empty, does NOT mean that a film cannot be made which is new and fresh and also aligned with the absolute SWIQ standard established by Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. With high-SWIQ people (writers, directors, etc.) in charge, it can be done...
Yes, just make a good movie. We don't want "same but different", we want a new story with the same style and quality. TFA was the same story, with good quality technically but the style was a pale superficial imitation. TLJ is again fine technically but story and style isn't even in the same universe.

Instead of looking back at old Star Wars for direction, do what Lucas did originally. Look back at all of the old films, whether sci-fi, westerns, war etc. and mine them for inspiration. TFA just took the ANH screenplay and moved the names around, which resulted in superficial imitation instead of new but with similar style.

...it was Han Solo who told Luke when to fire...
Umm, no. Han just let him know he was clear. Luke made the decision when to fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back