Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

You didn't order anything. You went to a place that buys the most expensive ingredients in the world that only serves whatever the chef is making that day, to his taste.
If paying for a movie ticket or being a fan guaranteed you to get what you want every time we wouldn't need reviewers.
If enough people stop buying the chef's special over time, maybe the restaurant gets a new chef. If the chef makes more people happy than not? I reckon he stays on til he's tired of cooking.

Unless that chef and his employer "step down" from that particular fast food franchise

The phrasing is telling. No “insiders,” no “well-placed sources”, no “employees who choose to remain anonymous”.

“There must be some thought...” means you got nothing. Wake me up when there’s some “there” there.

If you can't trust The Ankler, who can you trust? :lol

I'm just spitballing but what are the chances of George coming back to helm the company and do a Steve Jobs?

Just rewatched the prequels after 10 years or so, gotta say I'm not really interested in anymore of George's SW ideas. Kudos to him for the OT but he dropped the ball with ROTJ and everything after. The prequels were particularly painful to watch in parts but I stuck it through to the end, skinny Darth Vader, green screen homestead and all! I mean, hey it was Ewan McGregor and Christopher Lee in SW... I'm not made of stone! ;)

Lucas-era SW fans have been developing a bad case of "make it the same, but different" since Disney took over.

I'll fix that for you: Asking Disney to "provide us with new stories without trashing the characters" is 100% reasonable. Hiding that logical request by oversimplifying the verbiage as you did above makes us sound like petulant children, but once the words have been corrected/clarified it's clear as day that this is a reasonable request. Don't oversimplify it so as to paint those dissatisfied with the ST's direction as bad guys.

....and sitting here in our cabin in the White Mountains of Arizona my son just asked me to put on TFA me is cheering for Kylo Ren, so maybe KK and LucasFilm have done some solid work.

I like the cut of DF's jib, I say let him do the next saga. He has the highest SWIQ of all the people in the actual SW biz, right Wook?

I've only seen the first 19 or so eps of CW, and one, maybe two seasons of Rebels. I am not a big cartoon fan, at all. But, I watched what I did because many have raved about the two series. What I did see was meh, at best. I was not impressed with much of it. But they didn't generally offend my SWIQ, either, from what I recall.

Oh wait....space whales. <sigh>

Star Wars is actually very small and limiting. You try and take Star Wars someplace new, people hate it; you give them what they recognize, and people say it's derivative and empty.

Just because fans hated their attempts at something new and different (TLJ), and fans found their attempts at making something familiar (TFA) to be derivative and empty, does NOT mean that a film cannot be made which is new and fresh and also aligned with the absolute SWIQ standard established by Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. With high-SWIQ people (writers, directors, etc.) in charge, it can be done. The problem has been, that the person who's been in charge of filling those positions has a low SWIQ and is guided only by propagating her SJW agenda, and making enough money along the way to keep the shareholders happy so that she may retain her job and lofty SJW pulpit.

Kids, I think, only have any interest in Star Wars because their folks show it to them and they like it through them, more than recognizing and sharing why we like these old movies. They just enjoy the time they're spending with their folks.

I don't think that's true, at all. I think even kids today love Star Wars on its merits, and are not pretending to like it to please their parents. Star Wars (the OT story) is timeless and magical.

Lucas-era SW fans have been developing a bad case of "make it the same, but different" since Disney took over.

I maintain, it is not too much to ask. They've just really fracked it up.

Rey is a Mary Sue, despite basically being in the same shoes as Luke who could instinctively use the force to hit a two meter target while flying through space in what amounts to an acme rocket with wings and lasers.

Not a valid comparison, because Luke could bullseye womp rats back in Beggar's Canyon, and they're not much bigger than 2 meters.

Besides, it was Han Solo who told Luke when to fire.

Well if I order a pepperoni pizza and the maker puts anchovies on it just to subvert my expectations, I`m gunna head to another pizza place real quick

YOU TELL 'EM BOSS!

Asking Disney to "provide us with new stories without trashing the characters" is 100% reasonable. Hiding that logical request by oversimplifying the verbiage as you did above makes us sound like petulant children, but once the words have been corrected/clarified it's clear as day that this is a reasonable request. Don't oversimplify it so as to paint those dissatisfied with the ST's direction as bad guys.

Bingo!

The Wook

I think even kids today love Star Wars on its merits, and are not pretending to like it to please their parents. Star Wars (the OT story) is timeless and magical.The Wook

Sage and timely thoughts indeed.

movies suck, she sucks, ruining star wars to make it some girly crap with a message so now boys hate it, F you Kennedy go away and the Force is not female and females dont buy your action figures and I hate Rose as much as I hate Jar Jar

movies suck, she sucks, ruining star wars to make it some girly crap with a message so now boys hate it, F you Kennedy go away and the Force is not female and females dont buy your action figures and I hate Rose as much as I hate Jar Jar

Always great to see such intelligent, well thought out discourse in these threads. Really. The fandom is just fine. No problems whatsoever. Carry on, boys!

salute.gif

PS - Thats how you post a gif correctly. Some people around here really need to work on the gif posting IQ!

Theres that good ole wide brush painting the whole community again. Never gets old.

Theres that good ole wide brush painting the whole community again. Never gets old.

To be fair... What he was pointing out is the kind of hostile postings that are RAMPANT right now... They've chased both Daisy and Rose off the internet.

The hope is not to see it on here. The hope is people can discuss the movies here with a little more thought than "F YOU KENNEDY BOYS HATE STAR WARS NOW!"

They don't.

If boys hate Star Wars because of a "message", you raised them wrong.

To be fair... What he was pointing out is the kind of hostile postings that are RAMPANT right now... They've chased both Daisy and Rose off the internet.

The hope is not to see it on here. The hope is people can discuss the movies here with a little more thought than "F YOU KENNEDY BOYS HATE STAR WARS NOW!"

They don't.

If boys hate Star Wars because of a "message", you raised them wrong.

Actually, if you do your research, Daisy Ridley was not chased off social media buy anyone and until I hear from Ms Tran herself and not just from a single tweet from someone not even affiliated with her, I wont pass judgement on that over anyone. If she was forced to quit due to the actions of a certain type of person then its a terrible thing. What is also a terrible thing is when someone like Rian Johnson uses the situation to attack a wide group of people for the actions of a certain few to basically cover his own arse. You are basing your comments on one persons post by the way.

And for the record, I have never been on Facebook or Instagram (which I initially thought was a drug delivery service) and have been a Twitter member since 2010 and have a grand total of 9 tweets, none of which have been directed at anything to do with Star Wars.

Last edited:

Actually, if you do your research, Daisy Ridley was not chased off social media buy anyone and until I hear from Ms Tran herself and not just from a single tweet from someone not even affiliated with her, I wont pass judgement on that over anyone. If she was forced to quit due to the actions of a certain type of person than its a terrible thing. What is also a terrible thing is when someone like Rian Johnson uses the situation to attack a wide group of people for the actions of a certain few to basically cover his own arse.

ACTUALLY she was;

http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/s...-ridley-instagram-social-media-mental-health/

She left because she got attacked for an opinion on gun violence (REY USES A BLASTER! - same stupid arguments I see on James Gunn's feed) But even earlier she quit posting her training because she was getting attacked for her body. Now while this isn't DIRECTLY Star Wars, why do you think she had so many followers, and how many of those followers were Star Wars fans.

Cuz I was following. and it was all girls saying she's hot, and guys calling her a Mary Sue, and flat, and ruining Star Wars. It was a gong show. I wasn't surprised when she left.

If you REALLY believe that Star Wars fans aren't toxic, I'm happy for you. You're not seeing what a lot of us are.

- - - Updated - - -

wrong, the message is stupid, it has an agenda, are your eyes and ears not open? "The Force is Female" is not inclusive, is not equal, is not. The plot was idiotic and the characters unlikeable, deal with reality, Kennedy needs to go, the prequels suck, the sequels suck, the only decent new star wars movies Ive seen are Rogue one and Solo, and the last 5 min of Rogue one show you they can do better, there will be sycophants acting like TFA its such a breakthrough for "women" and were tired of women as a mary sue or some crap, gimme a break, actually give me a slave Leia or a Ripley in underwear- oh and my unintelligent fanboy argument, thats the attitude of the people who buy action figures model kits comics and games, dont want my business? keep making garbage movies, I usually buy the disc, I didnt buy TFA disc, not worth it and I only saw it once

"The last 5 minutes of Rogue One"

Ha. Out.

Didn't JJ say something like they kept asking themselves, "Is this joyful?" when crafting The Force Awakens? I *really* don't know how they're going to pull off Episode nine - seems like an almost impossible task with what's been established...

You believe what you want and I`ll do the same. Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clipgxAhZ3I

I'm not going to watch a guy whine about KK 20 minutes. I can barely muster through some of these long-*ss posts on this forum, ha.

I never said there wasn't a problem. I have HUGE problems with the way things are run. But I don't bitch and moan all day about it.

Alof of these "fans" do.

And 100% those fans chased them off...

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't JJ say something like they kept asking themselves, "Is this joyful?" when crafting The Force Awakens? I *really* don't know how they're going to pull off Episode nine - seems like an almost impossible task with what's been established...

I don't envy JJ.

Actually I do. Never mind. who wouldn't? You're rich and making movies.

I'm not going to watch a guy whine about KK 20 minutes. I can barely muster through some of these long-*ss posts on this forum, ha.

I never said there wasn't a problem. I have HUGE problems with the way things are run. But I don't bitch and moan all day about it.

Alof of these "fans" do.

And 100% those fans chased them off...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't envy JJ.

Actually I do. Never mind. who wouldn't? You're rich and making movies.

The truth about Daisy Ridley leaving social media in her own words is only a couple of minutes in but if you dont want to see it, frankly I couldnt care less.

Technically the force is asexual, unless you think it's an invisible space dong that grants super powers to beings it deems special enough. Or who have enough midichlorians, I guess.
Also, my boy likes the new movies just fine. I don't think we can blame dropping action figure sales on Kennedy when all kids want these days are gift cards for their tablets and fidget spinners.

You might not know this, but girls are people too. They're allowed to like Star Wars and even make it too.
Good luck dude.

The truth about Daisy Ridley leaving social media in her own words is only a couple of minutes in but if you dont want to see it, frankly I couldnt care less.

I looked couldn't find... but regardless. I posted an article with her own words as well. She's made multiple statements.

All those youtube vids are completely biased and will push a narrative.

Would you like to see one on how dinosaurs aren't real?

All I'm saying is the fandom is toxic. "George Lucas RAPED my CHILDHOOD" isn't a well known Rally Cry cuz of Bronies.

“You go to make a movie and all you do is get criticised,” Lucas told Vanity Fair in 2015, when asked why he left the franchise.“And it’s not much fun. You can’t experiment. You can’t do anything. You have to do it a certain way. I don’t like that, I never did.”

Star Wars Fans Are Toxic.

and it's not all of them. Not even close... maybe not even 5%

But they are LOUD.

And they like their social media

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back