GameStop exclusive Fallout/Destiny/Zelda weapons

There's gotta be a catch somewhere. Those prices are just too low for something quality. Are you sure they're 1:1 scale? Or are they like generic toy versions?

Too good to be true? Or did we actually luck out...…….

Would love to grab both the plasma weapons. Not a fan at all of the FO4 versions of the Super Sledge or the Power Fist, but for those prices who could resist!

There's gotta be a catch somewhere. Those prices are just too low for something quality. Are you sure they're 1:1 scale? Or are they like generic toy versions?

Too good to be true? Or did we actually luck out...…….

Would love to grab both the plasma weapons. Not a fan at all of the FO4 versions of the Super Sledge or the Power Fist, but for those prices who could resist!

Everything I'm seeing says 1:1. I don' t know how accurate that is. From the pictures, I definitely think there's room for improvement -- but it's a better base to start from than scratch. There's a track record, from the GameStop Destiny 2 Gjallarhorn rifle and Gears of War Lancer rifle, to ThinkGeek's Infinity Gauntlet. The price points are comparable, and the latter offerings are already out there to see they're full scale.

The plasma rifle is the only one I'm getting. I'm not a collector for collecting's sake, just as needed for costumes. That thing's getting superdetailed into Experiment 18-A from F4. If they had the New Vegas style gauss rifle I'd be all over that.

What's funny is if I get any, I'll just end up making ones that are better, then sell the Thinkgeek ones later! Exactly what happened with the Anthology Mini Nuke.

Trouble is, a Plasma Rifle is a lot bigger than a mini nuke. :p Maybe I'll just stick with their Plasma Rifle...………..maybe. :lol

Part of me wants that plasma rifle and the other part wants to try and build it. It can't be that good, so maybe it could be expensive reference material.

The Liberty Prime statue is kind of a bummer. They should have it posed throwing a nuke like a football.

I think some look better than the others. The Fallout ones don't actually look bad. Quality-wise, they still look like the average mass produced injection molded plastic toy. imo. That Zelda bow - the worst.

The Power Fist looks the best, but then it looks like a photo and the others look like 3D renderings. So far I have been disappointed by the quality of cheap painted plastic. They get the shades of paint correct, but never the texture of an object.

I think some look better than the others. The Fallout ones don't actually look bad. Quality-wise, they still look like the average mass produced injection molded plastic toy. imo. That Zelda bow - the worst.

The Fallout ones are likely to be as accurate as you'll ever see as licensed replicas. They are indeed 1:1 scale, which is pretty impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing how modular they are. The Chronicle Collectibles art director was mentioning they are trying to make them modular so you can swap out scopes, stock, etc. just like crafting them in game.

Updated imagery, better showing proportionality:

ktgs_fallout_11_super_sledge.jpg

ktgi_fallout_11_power_fist_replica.jpg

ktgi_fallout_11_power_fist_replica_alt3.jpg

ktgi_fallout_11_power_fist_replica_al1.jpg

ktgi_fallout_11_power_fist_replica_alt2.jpg

ktgq_plasma_pistol_replica_inhand.jpg

ktgr_fallout_11_plasma_rifle_replica_alt3.jpg

ktgr_fallout_11_plasma_rifle_replica_alt4.jpg

I am less than thrilled with the "plasma ports" on the pistol and rifle:

ktgq_plasma_pistol_replica_det.jpg

I can see right now, regardless of whatever else I see needing doing with the rifle, those are going to have to get opened up and replaced with full lenses backed with some translucent fluorescent green goo with bright blacklight (and maybe regular as well) LEDs behind them...

As for the Breath of the Wild bow and arrow... The bow is 41" long, it says, so it's not foreshortened or scaled down, and proportion and detail wise, it looks pretty darn close:

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild_2017_02-20-17_Top.jpg

kghu_loz_bow.jpg

kghu_loz_arrow.jpg

Alright...………

So, if you haven't seen, Tested put out a video that gives us a better look at all of these different items from Chronical Collectibles, including the Power Armor helmet:

I must say, so far what I'm seeing is pretty laughable. The T-51b helmet looks a little different than it does on Bethesda Store's website. There's a few things they show us, as well as info given in the video that I had to call out, since this is being claimed as "accurate from the game assets". I would know, as I'm making one from the game assets myself.

First, the nose detail that we're seeing is totally inaccurate. As you can see from comparison shot with both the concept art, and game renders themselves, the nose detail has a series of port holes that overall make the shape of an octagon. Note that the C.C. version has them arranged in a circle.

helmet a.jpg

Funny thing is, here at Bethesda's ad for it shows a nose detail with the port holes in the correct configuration. Guess that must be a prototype???

https___blogs-images_forbes_com_davidthier_files_2018_06_Capture-19.jpg

Also, if they were using the "game assets" (which to me means using the original game model) then they seemed to miss a part of the mesh where there is a groove that slides along side the ear pod. You can plainly see it in the game render, and I pictured my helmet model to give a better view of where I'm talking about. The one time they turn the helmet to that side in the video, we see no such groove is present. "Game assets", huh?

helmet c.jpg

Also, you can expect to find rather obvious seam lines on your Collector's Edition helmet.

helmet b.jpg

So far, I'm not impressed. Really glad I'm making one already. As I said in my above post, usually these "toys" are only good for spurring you to make a better, actual replica of what you see in the game (exactly what you see, I mean). We all know from experience that you never get what you see in the ad. You can expect the same here.

While the plasma weapons look decent, they'll need a new paint job for sure. The yellow colors look way over grimed up. In game there is a much brighter yellow color, not the brownish yellow C.C. is using.

Now, you'll note in the video he claims that this is a true 1:1 scale. WRONG! This is NOT full scale to a full size suit of Power Armor. This helmet is sized about the same as my printed helmet, which was sized to match the scale of Fallout 3 helmets. Power Armor in Fallout 3 is not nearly as tall as it is in Fallout 4. The suits being so m uch bigger makes the helmets bigger too. Just watch the animation of when you enter your Power Armor in the game. You see the helmet tilt up, and it's basically a bucket swinging down on the character's head. These helmets, like my helmet, are more proportioned to a human head. Make no mistake, if you're making a full scale Power Armor suit, the helmet would be too small to match the scale. It's funny, too, because he says they are currently making a full scale Power Armor statue. I wonder if it is indeed true scale, or if they use a bigger helmet for it. They even claim that the developers helped them come up with this scale.

Sorry, not trying to pee in anybody's cereal (I'm getting one myself), but I figured I'd post up what I know. I've put a lot of time into research on this very helmet, as I'm making one. Was a little disappointed to see some of the inaccuracies since they're using "game assets". Just remember, you get what you pay for with these, and they won't be perfect.

Last edited:
Also, take a look at the below image. It shows what a human body model looks like when it's in the Power Armor, without the Power Armor being drawn. You can't make it exactly the same because the power armor doesn't fit human beings with it's proportions.

FByrNDp.jpg

Also, take a look at the below image. It shows what a human body model looks like when it's in the Power Armor, without the Power Armor being drawn. You can't make it exactly the same because the power armor doesn't fit human beings with it's proportions.

View attachment 824091

The player character's body can't fully fill in the power armor. The player character's arms aren't long enough, which makes sense since the PA hands are mechanical and outside of the forearm (the "human" hand is inside the forearm). Same with the legs. During the suit up animation the character literally steps up into the suit. The character's leg doesn't fit evenly inside the suit's leg.

The suit does not fit the same way they do in Fallout 3. You see most of what I'm talking about during the suit up animation. The helmet is huge compared to the character's head. The overall suit is a bit taller than the character.

You can also see what I'm talking about when engaging in dialogue with another NPC. Notice how they always have to look up at you.

Again, not trying to pee in anybody's coffee here. Essentially, it only costs 140 bucks for one of these (200 bucks minus sixty for the game). I would not be able to sell mine for that little. You get what you pay for. Don't expect a 60 dollar plasma pistol to be what you would get as a 200 dollar prop around here is all I'm saying.

Welp, I think I left a vacuum in my wake when I clicked over to sign on to the Nuka Cola Dark mailing list. Could not say shut up and take my money fast enough.

As for the rest of these...? I knew no matter how good they were, they would never be perfect out of the box. What I'm most curious about is the extent to which they can be dismantled. The less I have to work around to accurize and superdetail them, the better. But even if I have to saw things apart, I'm gonna get inside that plasma rifle to make it better. *heh* I've got a nice, light-orange-y safety yellow that I already sourced when I was planning to scratch build the thing, so I'm not worried about the repaint. I have o.d. paint and fine-grind cork from a WWII re-enactment site to do my Pip-Boys in authentic textured finish. GhostMinion, I was already planning to get one of your T-51 helmets. I'm probably now also going to want a set of accurizing bits to bring this one up to spec. I'm still going to do yours as my BoS lid (my auto-insertion character is a Brotherhood Scribe, after all), and this one I think I'm going to do up either as the Winterized version or the Vault-Tec version.

Mainly I am looking at these as better bases to start from than scratch-building. My girlfriend pre-ordered the Power Armor edition for the map and miniatures and such -- she prefers the X-01 armor by a lot. And I hadn't seen anyone offering this style of plasma rifle, so it's not like I was spoiled for choice. I have a long history of enjoying the challenge of making silk purses out of pigs' ears, so I've had to work with far worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far, I'm not impressed. Really glad I'm making one already. As I said in my above post, usually these "toys" are only good for spurring you to make a better, actual replica of what you see in the game (exactly what you see, I mean). We all know from experience that you never get what you see in the ad. You can expect the same here.

I think these are pretty minor complaints, IMO. I'm sure most people will be very happy with the overall design of the helmet, wether the vent holes are in the correct hexagon pattern or not. For a collectors edition, I think the overall level of quality is pretty good.

It's good to make a note of things though so anyone who's particular about it can be fully aware of the issues going in.

I think these are pretty minor complaints, IMO. I'm sure most people will be very happy with the overall design of the helmet, wether the vent holes are in the correct hexagon pattern or not. For a collectors edition, I think the overall level of quality is pretty good.

It's good to make a note of things though so anyone who's particular about it can be fully aware of the issues going in.

I do agree with you there, they are minor. And no doubt, this is the nicest Collector's Edition by far. I most certainly didn't cancel my preorder, I can tell you that.

Still, it does irk me a bit that what you see on Bethesda's store page looks different than what we'll be getting. But that is common among these types of things, and not at all surprising or damning. It's certainly not as bad as a Trick or Treat Studios Gizmo puppet.

But what can I say? This is the RPF. We tend to be perfectionists. I'm fairly guilty of this a lot of times, I'll admit.

The seam lines don't actually bother me, as many cast metal pipes have them also. So to me it make it look more like something manufactured, and not idealized for a game.
The vent is also closer to how it would be made in reality. With a metal mesh inside a cover, rather then a metal cap with holes drilled. (Not game accurate, but life accurate)

We already know the in-game scale is off in Bethesda games. Really every game I have messed with has the real-world scale tweaked, except for Crysis. (They used absolute real-world scale/physics)

I am actually more irked by the yellow plastic light filter at the top, instead of using a proper fresnel lens. It could have been made easily using clear injection molded plastic.

Also, how come no one has made the drop-down eye piece into an actual optical device? Everyone leaves it as a all-metal pod, when it is clearly meant to drop down in front of the users eye and be seen through. Perhaps as a IR amplifier or something. The front being metal always looked like a dust cap to me. The loop on the top would actuate a iris or lift the dust caps for use.

---

That Nuka Cola Dark only interests me if they make the bottle real. But it will probably be blow molded plastic and not glass.

Also, how come no one has made the drop-down eye piece into an actual optical device? Everyone leaves it as a all-metal pod, when it is clearly meant to drop down in front of the users eye and be seen through. Perhaps as a IR amplifier or something. The front being metal always looked like a dust cap to me. The loop on the top would actuate a iris or lift the dust caps for use.

Actually, the Collector's Edition optics bracket does rotate down. You see the guy move it in the video.

My Fallout 3 version that I'm working on, modeled by cassius, has the bracket working to actually rotate, too. My Fallout 4 version, modeled by myself, will need work to make it rotate. I used the original game model, and the ear pods in the game model are ever so slightly oval shaped. I didn't notice this until after the shell was printed. On one hand, it'll key the bracket exactly where it hangs in the game (I know, big whoop right?). But it I sand out the inside of the bracket ring, I could round it out and make it work, though it wouldn't rotate as smoothly as the C.C. version or on my Fallout 3 version.

EDIT: I see what your saying, I misunderstood. You mean to actually see through it. Interesting idea...…………….

I just noticed that on the Fallout 1 cover, that the optic wass black with a glare that implies the front was a lens. It looks like this was lost in time along with the electrical cord running to it. (And into the the left ear for that matter)

The red arrow on the front allso implies that the front vent was a filter that could be changed like a gas mask.

I just noticed that on the Fallout 1 cover, that the optic wass black with a glare that implies the front was a lens. It looks like this was lost in time along with the electrical cord running to it. (And into the the left ear for that matter)

The red arrow on the front allso implies that the front vent was a filter that could be changed like a gas mask.

Yeah, the Fallout 3 helmet has that black lens on the optics assembly too. And the wire running from it. I always thought that it was kinda weird that in Fallout 4 it's all metal looking. I'm guessing they were trying to go for the look like the one on the T-45d in FO3, it doesn't look to have a lens, either.

Or maybe it's too subtle a color in Fallout 4. This shot of the Collector's Edition looks to have it slightly different in color like it is a lens:

fallout_helmet_2_0_0.jpg

What's even weirder, though, is that they did color the optics lens black in the E3 trailer. As the soldier looks at the incoming nukes, you see a real good view:

Fallout-76-E3-2018-02.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back