S:ASWS, Han Solo Boots

Fett202

Hey guys, So I'm putting together a Solo outfit from the new film. Been looking at some of the really up close costume displays that were posted here the other week. Something peculiar I noticed on the boots in particular is there seems to be a buckle on the calf area. Along with a flap covering what I assume is the split in the back of the boot to make it wider. Just wanted to reach out to you guys to see if there are any similar boots out there with that feature. I found a few but further searching yielded no results. Thanks for the help! :D
solo-costumes-tjb-114_42237639922_o.jpgsolo-costumes-tjb-112_42237638722_o.jpgsolo-costumes-tjb-113_28411074958_o.jpg

I asked about these in another thread, no luck yet. Glad you started a dedicated thread, though!

These boots look far more comfortable and easier to get on/off than the old English riding boots!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I noticed this as well, originally thought it could be covering a zipper, this photo has a good shot of the back. Now that I look closer it does look like it could just be to make the size larger, but I may just put a zipper in my boots anyway
IMG_1210.jpg

It definitely looks like there's a zipper under there to me...

Well, If these boots follow suit with most of the recent Star Wars films and their costuming they may be custom, Basic, but still custom. In which case I can only hope Magnoli comes to the rescue haha

You're right, I'm sorry, I actually do remember seeing that option a few days ago.

Yes, we sell the regular embroidered stripe Military Trousers, but we're also looking at adding some kind of applique "S:ASWS" version as well...

Nice job! I'd say it's safe to assume this is what they are based on, if not what they are.

Great thread! I had no idea the boots were different until reading/seeing here. Those German boots look great. I almost got a pair of Russian Parade boots the other day, glad I waited.

I'll be watching this thread closely!

I recently adapted my standard riding boots to be more in line with the ones seen onscreen.

To do this I trimmed the tops down by about 2.5 inches and then used the offcuts and some spare buckles to fashion the straps.

Pretty happy with the result!

RG
3561e049bc37392bc094ee3ddd89fa5d.jpg
7701cd8e666e322e380b48ac82fddc66.jpg

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back