Stargate helmet with gyroscope animatronic

"But the movements was not enough natural."

How so? What do you mean? Was there latency issues or something?

"But the movements was not enough natural."

How so? What do you mean? Was there latency issues or something?
If you look at the movie, you can see clearly a "remote control effect", while I reached a "biological movement".
Anyway, as soon as possible I will post some video about head movement when worn :)

If you look at the movie, you can see clearly a "remote control effect", while I reached a "biological movement".
Anyway, as soon as possible I will post some video about head movement when worn :)

HAHA.. :) but what does that means?

I'm not clear how a bluetooth approach left you with a 'remote control effect'? and using wifi now got you to a 'biological movement'?

I'm talking from a technical standpoint.. was using bluetooth providing to much lag or something? (is that what you mean by 'remote control effect'?

Another test in 1:1 scale. The result is quite good, all parts joins together without problems, detail are good.
The final assembly is comparable with the scaled model I already done.
I used an awful lightweight foam that is difficult to shape, I will trash this helmet as soon I will complete the measurements and the tests.
The scratching post of my cats is perfect as helmet stand :)

IMG_5887.JPGIMG_5888.JPGIMG_5889.JPGIMG_5890.JPG

What do you see in the movie is raw foam without paint. The foam is hi density, 100kg/m3, so is very compact. I will paint it using FlexiPaint and then acrylic colours.
To fill imperfections, if any, I use acrylic silicone.
The glue is contact glue (Bostik or similar), otherwise the details are fixed with cyanoacrilic glue

Looking great!
Can I suggest BIGGER Servos? My helmet is in FIBERGLASS, and it moves just fine.

Here is my project

BrundelFly, you are my inspiration!
I know almost all of your wonderful work, I studied all detail and… I changed it all [emoji23]

This just because my goal is a wearable helmet (or better, a costume), and my priority are lightweight and long lasting battery.

Moreover, I wish also a screen accurate prop, and I believe I can achieve it.

What is the weight of your helmet?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back