MJOLNIR headcover

Topside

Was asked (dared) by a friend to make him a head cover for his driver. He's a Thor fan so Mjolnir was the obvious choice. I was astounded that he couldn't find one online.

Got started yesterday on prototype. Getting it sized correctly is a bigger pain than I expected. I really wanted to get the detail on the bevels but there isn't enough meat on the corners to allow it while keeping the shaft centered. (Just realized I need the side cuts)

Basically two yoga blocks with an EVA top plate to serve as a hinge and inlaid magnets to hold it shut. Starting work on the handle soon. I got some foam pipe insulation that I hope I can secure to the bottom. Will post again after assembly and paint.

It's not movie realistic but I think anyone that sees it sticking out of a golf bag will know what it is.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3213.JPG
    IMG_3213.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,058
  • IMG_3214.JPG
    IMG_3214.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 389
  • IMG_3215.JPG
    IMG_3215.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 496
So I went back to the drawing board and decided to go with a straight mitered box construction. Again, not movie realistic but lightweight and durable enough to ride around on top of a golf bag.

Attachments

• mnolnir 3.jpg
    mnolnir 3.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 3,785
  • mnolnir.jpg
    mnolnir.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 425
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back