Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Post-release)

What did you think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom?

• Total voters
So let me get this straight:

Some suits tell the protagonists that the island is going to get destroyed by a volcano, so they go to save the dinosaurs.

Turns out the suits are a******* who want to weaponize the dinosaurs.

Protagonists have to stop the madness, along with a benevolent dinosaur sidekick.

Oh, and there's another genetically-engineered super dinosaur on the loose, but this one is smaller and can sneak into your room instead of Kool-Aid man'ing through the wall

And a Jeff Goldblum cameo.

We are going to get Sam Neil’s Dr. Grant in the 3rd one aren’t we?

10 year time jump after Dinosaurs have taken over the earth and Jeff Goldblum and Chris Pratt recruit him to save the planet from:

“Jurassic World: Extinction”.

What the hell? I'm there. I love Dino's and don't mind supporting Chris Pratt. Seems like a good guy, I could have a drink with:cheers

I didn't bother seeing the last one until I found the DVD at a thrift shop for $1 (ironically, a week before I could have seen it on FX for "free"). If I see it at all, it'll be when it hits "free" cable.

This is just my opinion.

Like with the new Star Trek not really Star Trekking, I also think the Jurassic Park franchise isn't Jurassic Park'ing.

In Jurassic World they had the ****ing park up and running - I wanted to see that. And in this new film they ruin things even more. They showed clips of Owen with the baby raptors... ****... I WANTED THAT MOVIE. That should have been the new route they took with the Jurassic World franchise. ****ing break away from the boring monster chasing humans scenario and actually do something ****ing clever. They could even had started introducing more scientifically accurate dinosaurs to the park - making that the new main attraction instead of a retarded hybrid monster. Actually make the movies about ****ing DINOSAURS.

I remember what Owen said in Jurassic World: "They're dinosaurs. Wow enough." They had a character ****ing say it in a movie that did everything it could to not show ****ing dinosaurs and be more preoccupied with ****ing hybrid monsters and inaccurate and old fashioned depictions of dinosaurs. It's so ****ing tragic.

So, did I enjoy Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. No, not really. So I'll end this by quoting Malcom from the best movie in the series and pretty much, in my view, the only one that actually tried to show real dinosaurs, despite a lot of inaccuracies.

Jurassic Park.jpg

I liked it. While it doesn't recapture the magic of Jurassic Park ( which other Jurassic movie has?) and its not as large-scale as the first Jurassic World, it's still a decent and enjoyable entry in the franchise. Some genuine scary moments (m8ght be frightening for younger kids) and a couple of truly heartbreaking scenes (the missus was in tears). Worth the price of entry.

Saw this a few days ago with my son, who loved the original; he couldn't stand this one. Story goes absolutely nowhere and there is an insanely obvious plot device concerning one of the characters that was unnecessary and I suppose introduced for a side plot that never materialized? Enjoyed bits and pieces, but altogether was a disappointment.

Saw the last one and it was more Transformers than Jurassic Park. Just saw a lion roaring in the face of a T-Rex in a trailer for this one and laughed out loud.

I know it's a post release thread and will contain spoilers, but since the thread title doesn't specify it has spoilers I decided to write the following in spoiler brackets. :)

Yeah, if that end really happened in the real world, then the national guards would be sent in to hunt down and kill all the dinosaurs. No way would any government allow them to roam free.

Also, what was the point of this whole rescue operation? Isla Nublar isn't the only island with dinosaurs. Did they forget Isla Sorna and Las Cinco Muertes? What was the whole point of that special deserted island when they could have just relocated the dinosaurs to Isla Sorna or just left them to die. The whole movie makes no ****ing sense.

a
Saw this a few days ago with my son, who loved the original; he couldn't stand this one. Story goes absolutely nowhere and there is an insanely obvious plot device concerning one of the characters that was unnecessary and I suppose introduced for a side plot that never materialized? Enjoyed bits and pieces, but altogether was a disappointment.

That plot device is clearly a setup for Jurassic World Three. Would not be surprised at all if THAT plot device...

Is the backdoor for Human/Dinosaur hybrids with the little girl revealed to be part dinosaur

That'd be quite cool to know more about that girl in JW3. The movie was kinda going all over the place though, I just hope that Isla Nublar survives as an Island though lol.

There are a few dramatic visuals that I thought were pretty brilliant. Not the best film of the year, but definitely was entertaining.

Dinosaurs: 5 - People: 0

Just got back from Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

Best opening scene in a monster movie since Jaws. It even evoked Jaws 3. 99% of the population will consider that a bad thing. I personally loved it.

Loved the title cards as well which reminded me of the Heisei and Millennium Godzilla films.

You've seen the trailers so you know it turns into a gothic horror film at the end, with visual cues from Hammer Dracula to Nosferatu.

There's a current attitude that the new Jurassic Park films are too far off the rails from the original concept.

But I feel the ideas of genetic hybridization and corporate exploitation of nature are all becoming of Crichton's first novel.

I just realized that Blue is now the late Showa Godzilla of the Jurassic Park series.

That'd be quite cool to know more about that girl in JW3. The movie was kinda going all over the place though, I just hope that Isla Nublar survives as an Island though lol.

There are a few dramatic visuals that I thought were pretty brilliant. Not the best film of the year, but definitely was entertaining.

Yeah, Maisie is clearly being set up to be explored more in the next film.

I just have one thing to say...

My love of the franchise was solidified with that opening scene in Jurassic Park where Grant and Sattler encounter the Brachiosaur.
So gigantic, majestic and gracious and such a scene of awe, magnificence and beauty.
"They're moving in herds. They do move in herds"

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom gave us that scene again outside the new visitors center but later took that scene, walked it up to the edge of the island....and let it die right before our eyes.
THAT HURT!!!

Now this is not an analogy for the movie...I enjoyed the movie for the horror flick it was (and that I expected it to be).

But at that moment this 36 year old boy cried. I cried.

'The park is gone'

No *****, you melted it all and made it very clear it was happening.

The Explorer melting...very poignant.
The brachiosaur that welcomed us to Jurassic Park and all that it was and all that it could be....you melted it.

I get it, the story is moving on and I get it.....but it hurt to see...but I get it.

--side note--
I'm a huge fan of the franchise but...Isla Sorna still has dinos on it...or did I miss a deleted scene in a box set only released in Indonesia?

Last edited:
cpltony
From what I read on TV Tropes last night, the website for Jurassic World had said that all of the dinos had been moved to Nubular, and that Sorna was empty. Now, whether they THOUGHT it was empty or it really was... we don't know

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it last night. I enjoyed it. Its definitely not the greatest movie ever, but I don't think its anywhere near the worst. One thing I came away with is that they definitely need to sign Chris Pratt to take over the Indiana Jones franchise. There were a couple scenes in this movie that looked straight out of an Indy movie.

It had some fun parts - Blue and Stygimoloch, but it is we pretty terrible. Kinda fun, but terrible. The volcano scene was really sad...

Saw it last night. I enjoyed it. Its definitely not the greatest movie ever, but I don't think its anywhere near the worst. One thing I came away with is that they definitely need to sign Chris Pratt to take over the Indiana Jones franchise. There were a couple scenes in this movie that looked straight out of an Indy movie.

The TWO MINUTE fight in the auction scene?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back