Luke's green TLJ lightsaber design thread

Check the guidebook in top thread of the forum! There were resin copies of the stunts but the clamps were included. The original hero from ROTJ was a metal Yuma, with an original box, no clamp. That's what the TLJ was based on.

According to Roys scaling, based on the graflex size at the exhibit, the saber comes in at a little under 11"

This makes sense if they started by referencing a MR saber as the team did with the Han TFA blaster

tlj luke with reference Roy's version.jpg
Graflex-reference.jpg
tlj luke with reference Dan's version.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback. Roy did a great job scsling this and I'm quite pleased with the design's accuracy. But the run will depend on interest. So if you want this to happen, please post here. So far I haven't heard much and most people seem cool with static. So this is likely to be a smaller run of static sabers. Im guessing then that they'll be around $150 for a 2 par kit of sabet body and control box.

Dan

Wicked job guys! 11” what was the RoTJ hero’s length?

I love how quirky this saber is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the positive feedback. Roy did a great job scsling this and I'm quite pleased with the design's accuracy. But the run will depend on interest. So if you want this to happen, please post here. So far I haven't heard much and most people seem cool with static. So this is likely to be a smaller run of static sabers. Im guessing then that they'll be around $150 for a 2 par kit of sabet body and control box.

Dan

I prefer the FX version. I mean, what's the deal with "static"? The FX can be a shelf queen anyway if you don't wish to install electronics. The difference in price is not that material. So it makes sense to just go for the FX version.

The difference in price for smaller runs isn't based on materials, it's based upon the number of cnc setups. The more parts the more machine setups. That's what increases my prices usually and that's why static usually is less expensive for me.

At that price point, I'd be in for a static hilt. Maybe I'm an old grumpkin, but there are so many fx hilts these days. I know that you can just leave it "as is" and have a shelf queen, but I'm tired of spending extra for features that I'll never use, all to appease people who don't seem to give much credence to accuracy. It's the Replica Prop Forum, not the big boy toys forum. There are communities and saber smiths that focus solely on the fx thing already.

/rant

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back